Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [TUTORIAL] Intro to modding for complete beginners  (Read 20600 times)

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [TUTORIAL] Intro to modding for complete beginners
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2020, 09:00:04 AM »

Rebalanced Pilums mod only modifies one weapon: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10598.0

Neuromute

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2020, 12:03:13 AM »

Editing rebalanced pilums worked! I still have no idea what I was doing wrong, but it works now so I guess it doesn't matter.

Thanks!

BanjoJohn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »

EDIT: Okay I figured it out, lol so silly.  I had my folder named "varients"  instead of "variants"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 12:24:58 PM by BanjoJohn »

Melanoc3tus II

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2021, 04:40:47 AM »

Is there any way to do this on a Mac? Because Wine hasn't worked for several versions, and the Ship and Weapon Editor is evidently necessary.

passwalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2021, 08:54:10 PM »

Is there any way to do this on a Mac? Because Wine hasn't worked for several versions, and the Ship and Weapon Editor is evidently necessary.
it is not necessary by any stretch
anything that it can do you can just as well do manually with any notepad equivalent. all data files that the game uses are human readable.
that being said, editor does simplify the process quite a lot, setting up collision bounds and weapon locations is a nightmare to do manually
that, and you'd be learning all that on your own, editor holds one's hand quite a lot, and game's error messages are most unhelpful.
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]