Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [0.9a] Galatia Complete [1.5] - Galactic Space Music Mod  (Read 106468 times)

Krelian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Galatia Complete [1.2] - Galactic Space Music Mod
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2017, 08:49:49 PM »

Have been playing with the mod... nothing to say.. excelent taste in music. Perfect.
The only slight annoyance is the lack of normalization, and the fact that overall they are really loud compared to the vanilla music, but nothing that lowering music to 30% fix.

Computica

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Galatia Complete [1.2] - Galactic Space Music Mod
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2017, 03:41:42 AM »

I'm going to making a Normalization update and releasing a patch soon for those who already have version 1.2. I can't find any click sounds in a song but if you all find it let me know.

EDIT:
OK 1.4 is up, I listened to all the tracks and couldn't find any clicking sounds. Other than the new tracks they have been Normalized around Vanilla volume levels so feel free to turn your music back up. I may not make another music mod, I'll probably keep adding to this one but honestly there isn't much I want to add at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 08:18:03 AM by Computica »

General Bubbles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Galatia Complete [1.4] - Galactic Space Music Mod
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2017, 03:23:21 PM »

Could one ask for a track list, possibly? I wouldn't mind knowing where quite a lot of these (even some specific) songs originally come from :)

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2017, 04:49:02 PM »

EDIT:
OK 1.4 is up, I listened to all the tracks and couldn't find any clicking sounds. Other than the new tracks they have been Normalized around Vanilla volume levels so feel free to turn your music back up. I may not make another music mod, I'll probably keep adding to this one but honestly there isn't much I want to add at the moment.

Huh, so far I have actually even more tone down the music... But if you normalized the volumes of all of them to one level, then that's okay. :)

Panchokon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2017, 10:55:59 AM »

To add your own songs to be played, do the files need to be converted to the .omm format? I tried adding files as .mp3s and they never came up and it seem that they would interfere with the mod. I Was trying to add the XCOM: Enemy unknown/within combat themes.

Thanks!

Computica

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2017, 11:03:57 AM »

The songs are using OGG Vorbis format and no they can be in MP3 format you just have to edit the sound.json file entires. Make sure you have the correct file extensionl listed like it is on the music file.

OzarMidrashim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2017, 11:29:51 AM »

Could you provide a list of music authors and track names?
Overall its not my choice in mod list conciderating this is more a fantasy s-f than industrial s-f that starsector is (there is also a jungle s-f in existance btw), but some of those i would investigate further...as are quite interesting and enjoyable to listen.

Great things about mods...that we can adjust our own experiance...its like drugs for game...some dev like it, some not, but its always our HDD & time space and command, and always yield terrible results if not used responsibly xD
Mods are like drugs for games - they allow to customise and expand experiance...
...yet be carefull not to mix to much or overload...as conflicts yield terrible results.
There is only one rule always in (load)order...be responsible and know what you're doing.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Galatia Complete [1.4] - Galactic Space Music Mod
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 01:41:55 AM »

I never get to hear any new soundtrack from this mod, weird. Seem like BR soundtrack from audio plus mod override it. The main menu track work btw. Idk why the rest didn't play.

*Look like Audio Plus got priority over Galactics. Only main menu track that is play, the rest never get to shine.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 04:10:25 AM by FreedomFighter »

Computica

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2018, 09:05:03 AM »

Audio Plus added a few tracks which overwrite the default list, its a easy thing to fix. I think the Audio Plus mod should of only messed with sound effects.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2018, 11:35:45 PM »

The only way to add music, is to override within each list unfortunately (except faction interaction tracks, these can be added without conflict). So this is also why vanilla music must be added back to any mod that adds music within itself. This is also the primary reason why Audio Plus exists, to make the music from all the faction mods that add unique songs that were made specifically for them... Play together properly instead of one faction mod taking priority and only using its music.

It also improving sound effects, is a bonus.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:41:35 PM by MesoTroniK »

Computica

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2018, 08:36:38 AM »

It is easy to add or remove the music entries used in Audio Plus. The music in my mod has been perfectly volume adjusted on a track by track basis. I hadn't listened to much of the music added by mods but I made sure the music put in this pack was quite consistent depending on the scenario. Remember there are 110 unique tracks of music here so if your tired of the same music track for the 16th time this will defenitly improve on that.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:44:50 AM by Computica »

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2018, 01:14:02 PM »

^ can you explain the removal of the audio plus music and addition of yours please? Maybe putting on the front page will help a bit since some of us dont know the code base of SS very well/if at all >.<

Computica

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2018, 11:24:18 PM »

Sure I will do something about it after I get off work tonight.

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2018, 08:50:44 AM »

Thank you

Computica

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2018, 08:36:57 AM »

OK so there needs to be a compatibility patch released for Audio Plus because any changes I make won't take any effect if Audio Plus is in your mod list. The quickest way to make it so only the music from my mod plays and still have the sounds from Audio Plus is to change the name in the 'mod_info.json' for Galatia Complete.

Code
"name":"Galatia Complete"
----to----
"name":"ZZ Galatia Complete"
The author of Audio Plus decided to super-cede other mods and this should put Galatia back up under it since it only changes music. You will still have the sound effect changes from Audio Plus
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 08:50:39 AM by Computica »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6