Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Just learned of Starsector  (Read 10677 times)

Audiopulse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Just learned of Starsector
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 04:52:22 AM »

Now I know you are german ;)

Jeez' - I gave myself away :D

I didnt use Iron-mode ... I just forgot about the opportunity of saving/reloading ;)

I am also slowly getting along now - I found the Lasher to be the perfect fit to my playstyle. Without any rockets, though. Ive put the Points in Flux-Capacitors, Vents and stronger Ballistic weapons. Some ships still get away, but this setup works quite well for a beginner to concentrate on steering and controlling shields.
Ive got myself another Lasher by now and have him keep my back save from fighters and Hounds. I also noticed just turning the autopilot on and enjoying the show when the odds are good, works as well.

Still - im very curious about industries ... which reminds me: is there any hint on about when we can expect the first even rudimentary implementation for those? Ive read about the Fleet-control-mod, but so far I didnt notice any changes with it.

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 07:48:23 AM »

As with everything to do with future features, soontm, to put it another way, it will come out when it is ready, i wouldn't expect to see it for at least 2 if not 3 updates, because it would be smart to implement multiple systems first because if alex didn't he would have to basically rewrite most of the system

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 01:16:48 PM »

Oh, offtopic, check game settings, and make sure you're not playing with 50% less damage to ships you pilot... takes you down a wrong road.

Audiopulse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 04:23:55 PM »

Hehe, actually - I did see that setting being checked - I thougt it was a good thing for a beginner. Ill change that ;)

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 05:19:57 PM »

It is to get your hand done at piloting ships, but it's recommended to turn it off when you feel you can grasp the basics of the game, otherwise you'll end up with differences between stories and tips you read on the forums and the capibilities of your ships.
Pages: 1 2 [3]