Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Supply indicator on system map  (Read 1509 times)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Supply indicator on system map
« on: December 22, 2012, 07:14:41 AM »

I notice there is no supply indicator while cruising on system map. Something like this:

23 - supply quantity
9 - number of days how long it will last
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Supply indicator on system map
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 07:41:20 AM »

It's one of those things that will be changed around for the "real" campaign anyway, isn't it?

I think it would be best to keep the UI as clean as possible. The only way I can think of doing that without leaving the player uninformed is situational information. EG the supply counter only pops up if the supplies are at risk of running out. I made a suggestion about such warning signs some time ago.

The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Supply indicator on system map
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 08:10:54 AM »

It's one of those things that will be changed around for the "real" campaign anyway, isn't it?

I think it would be best to keep the UI as clean as possible. The only way I can think of doing that without leaving the player uninformed is situational information. EG the supply counter only pops up if the supplies are at risk of running out. I made a suggestion about such warning signs some time ago.
Well there isn't that much going on in system view so one more line ain't gonna "make it dirty". Still i would like to see how much supply i have and how long it will last without entering cargo tab/or anything. It can always be something that you can turn ON/OFF in OPTIONS so for one who loves clean UI they can have it with minimum information and one who loves all essential information on screen they will see it too.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only