Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 710

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1719622 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #9780 on: April 15, 2023, 04:04:06 PM »

Hmm. Is something like this adequate?

https://i.imgur.com/oent4ik.gif

It does have the shortcoming of losing the default keyboard shortcuts for options above 9. And I'm not super happy that in a way this encourages having more options in these kinds of dialogs; imo they work best UI-wise when the number of options is limited...

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: April 15, 2023, 04:28:13 PM »

There's com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OptionPanel.Option

Doesnt seem to exist on my side, might be obfuscated or not on the current build.

Hmm. Is something like this adequate?

https://i.imgur.com/oent4ik.gif

It does have the shortcoming of losing the default keyboard shortcuts for options above 9. And I'm not super happy that in a way this encourages having more options in these kinds of dialogs; imo they work best UI-wise when the number of options is limited...

It would help, because people will add options to the market menu no matter if this exists or not (As is already the case), even when its not the nicest solution.
If you find another solution that would be fine too, its mostly that modders already like adding to the main market menu, and it causes to stack up when you run multiple of such mods.

Also while somewhat off topic and beyond this thread but on a similar issue, would changing the colony structures menu in to a scroll bar be possible aswell? Hartley has made a mod that allows for more than 12 structures, but it is very janky, and 12 structures just isnt enough when playing with mods. Of course the vanilla limit could still just be 12, but a mod could modify the limit, beyond which it would smoothy enable a scroll-bar for any further structures.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 04:35:26 PM by Lukas04 »
My Mods

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: April 15, 2023, 05:26:05 PM »

Doesnt seem to exist on my side, might be obfuscated or not on the current build.

Likely the former.

Also while somewhat off topic and beyond this thread but on a similar issue, would changing the colony structures menu in to a scroll bar be possible aswell? Hartley has made a mod that allows for more than 12 structures, but it is very janky, and 12 structures just isnt enough when playing with mods. Of course the vanilla limit could still just be 12, but a mod could modify the limit, beyond which it would smoothy enable a scroll-bar for any further structures.

Hmm - not super likely to be honest, at least not right now. I'll keep it in mind!

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: April 15, 2023, 06:20:28 PM »

Clearly the solution is to fold the main market menu into the colony menu.

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: April 16, 2023, 11:59:56 AM »

Where do I change the color od the damage numbers for Hull and armor? I have difficulty distinguishing between teh green and red. I'd like to change one to yellow.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: April 17, 2023, 07:14:32 AM »

Where do I change the color od the damage numbers for Hull and armor? I have difficulty distinguishing between teh green and red. I'd like to change one to yellow.

Oh hmm, these are actually hardcoded. My apologies! I'll make a note about extracting these to settings.json at some point.

basileus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: April 17, 2023, 11:14:35 AM »

Is it possible to programmatically create/propagate user input events to be consume()d?

Is there a timeline for a verdict on the Java8 migration?  Will this happen by 0.96 or later?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited would modders be to be able to create custom panels using a Webview?  (HTML5, CSS, and JavaScript)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: April 17, 2023, 11:50:07 AM »

Is it possible to programmatically create/propagate user input events to be consume()d?

I don't think so.

Is there a timeline for a verdict on the Java8 migration?  Will this happen by 0.96 or later?

Definitely not 0.96a, *possible* for 0.96.1a but that depends.

Munchkin9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: April 17, 2023, 02:16:34 PM »

How do you change the rewards of bar event assignments? Such as SpySat, pirate raid sector bounty, etc?

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: April 17, 2023, 03:03:11 PM »

hello once again everyone. i come with questions:
1)is there a way to run code when the player clicks on a item/commodity in there cargo bay?
2)is there a way to save data from a item/commodity or a stack of items to memory (so the data is save persistent)?
3)is there a way to change the cargo space a item/commodity uses using code?
thank you all again for past help =)

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: April 17, 2023, 09:50:47 PM »

is it possible to get the length of the sound
or detect the event of when playSound stops playing
so i can play several sounds consecutively without delay
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: April 18, 2023, 01:28:19 AM »

Is it possible to implement a SR NOR Latch into advanceInCombat in order to memorise the state of local booleans?

« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 02:15:38 AM by ctuncks »

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: April 18, 2023, 06:11:19 AM »

Is it possible to implement a SR NOR Latch into advanceInCombat in order to memorise the state of local booleans?

in short - yes, you can use code to emulate digital logic. (and strictly speaking, an sr latch is just a boolean variable)

though I suspect that this is a useless non-answer for your case, what are you trying to do specifically?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 08:53:26 AM by Ruddygreat »

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: April 18, 2023, 08:45:12 AM »

yes

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: April 18, 2023, 09:23:56 AM »

Fortunately, your computer comes with at least several million of these. You can utilize them by declaring a boolean in java and setting it to either true or false.
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 710