Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 710

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1719860 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #9405 on: December 17, 2022, 01:55:54 PM »

What *is* the owner in refit screen? I'd assume it's probably 0 but based on what you're saying it's 100?

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: December 17, 2022, 03:03:07 PM »

hmmmmm, I thought it was -1 (and a quick search in the unnoficial discord has meso confirming this in 2019), though after some testing it does seem to be 0.

...AH-HA! the original owner is -1 in the refit screen but the owner is 0; I didn't expect there to be a difference there.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 03:04:39 PM by Ruddygreat »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: December 17, 2022, 03:16:28 PM »

... ahh, interesting/neat/unintended!

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: December 18, 2022, 11:50:15 PM »

are weapon ai hints ignored by fighters? is there any way to make them work?
in particular the CONSERVE_FOR_ANTI_ARMOR and  GROUP_ALTERNATING in application to burst beams
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: December 19, 2022, 11:36:48 AM »

are weapon ai hints ignored by fighters? is there any way to make them work?
in particular the CONSERVE_FOR_ANTI_ARMOR and  GROUP_ALTERNATING in application to burst beams

CONSERVE_FOR_ANTI_ARMOR is ignored by fighters, yeah. Your best bet is probably a fighter-specific copy of the weapon.

GROUP_ALTERNATING is for automatic weapon group generation only, it doesn't affect AI behavior. So for fighters, where whether the group is linked or alternating is just going to be specified in the variant, this hint doesn't apply.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: December 19, 2022, 08:56:00 PM »

CONSERVE_FOR_ANTI_ARMOR is ignored by fighters, yeah. Your best bet is probably a fighter-specific copy of the weapon.
but it is a custom weapon made specifically for the fighter
how to make it only be used against armor?
it is a HE beam, and the fighter is happily shooting it at the shield
is there any way to prevent that? make the weapon only be used against armor?
aside from just manually disabling the weapon in everyframe script
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: December 20, 2022, 12:39:06 PM »

My bad, I wasn't thinking straight. There's no way to do that, no. In the next release there's a "USE_LESS_VS_SHIELDS" AI hint which would - for a non-ammo-using-weapon - prevent it from being autofired into shields, but the fighter might still decide to fire it manually. Although, I forget if fighters do that or if they just set everything on autofire.

Drakzorg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: December 20, 2022, 03:08:16 PM »

How can I activate the transverse jump in the tutorial? In the last version it's disabled, so, what I need to modify in the game files to enable it again?

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: December 21, 2022, 05:13:56 AM »

is it possible to make ship's shadow (one that appears when taking off or landing) to appear  for a specific ship at all times, not just when taking off or landing ?
this shadow:

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: December 21, 2022, 12:26:10 PM »

How can I tell if a ship is controlled by the player? Not just the player's team but the actual ship he's controlling. I thought GetCaptain() might work but I want to be able to use it in missions too and getCaptain always return null.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: December 21, 2022, 01:20:40 PM »

How can I activate the transverse jump in the tutorial? In the last version it's disabled, so, what I need to modify in the game files to enable it again?

You'd need to edit and recompile etc com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.FractureJumpAbility class. So: probably not the easiest thing in the world, not e.g. like editing a text file.

is it possible to make ship's shadow (one that appears when taking off or landing) to appear  for a specific ship at all times, not just when taking off or landing ?
this shadow:

Hmm, I don't believe so. (Might cause performance problems, too.)

How can I tell if a ship is controlled by the player? Not just the player's team but the actual ship he's controlling. I thought GetCaptain() might work but I want to be able to use it in missions too and getCaptain always return null.

You can check if it's == to the ship returned by Global.getCombatEngine().getPlayerShip()

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: December 21, 2022, 01:39:03 PM »

I don't assume it's possible to manipulate beam speed of weapons? I can't find a mutablestat of it, weaponapi has no method for it, so I just made copies of vanilla weapons with very high beam speed. Works, but I don't like it.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: December 21, 2022, 01:57:07 PM »

I'd also like to be able to tweak beam speed, if that's practical to expose in the API.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: December 22, 2022, 04:08:03 AM »

a recent update to a mod had me digging around in AICoreOfficerPlugin and it gave me a few thoughts -

1 - is it possible to restrict what AI core types can be installed? e.g., if I have a special fancy automated ship and I only want my special fancy AI cores being installed in it, is that possible without janktm?
2 - is it possible to change what skills are available to AI cores? that mod I mentioned does have a custom AI core w/ a custom skill, but it doesn't appear in the picker menu to be reassigned.

(and to get a bit API request-y, if they're not currently possible, can we get methods to do them if they're not too much of a pain to implement?)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 04:19:07 AM by Ruddygreat »

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: December 22, 2022, 06:47:57 AM »

Question: How do I get the mouse position during combat? I want to know the relative bearing from a ship to the mouse.

Edit: Thank you thank you thank you Ruddygreat. You are a lifesaver.
(I edited instead of adding a replay to avoid thread-bloat).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 09:12:56 AM by rogerbacon »
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 710