Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 710

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1720554 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #8835 on: June 15, 2022, 09:20:26 AM »

There isn't, no - let me make a note about that!

Bob69Joe

• Lieutenant
  • Steam: Herr Derrierr with the tiger picture
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: June 15, 2022, 10:13:51 AM »

How can I disable the default portraits and add new ones, and can I do that mid-game?

I just want more of Company of Heroes 2 portraits. by priestacity
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 10:16:03 AM by Bob69Joe »
Search = 'site:cakravartin.com Hermetic Tradition'

briansd9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: June 16, 2022, 02:53:12 AM »

Hmm, while on the topic, would it be possible to make IntelUIAPI.updateUIForItem() navigate to a different IntelInfoPlugin if passed an argument other than this (the current intel item being displayed)?

Current behavior is it just goes to starmap.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: June 16, 2022, 12:17:26 PM »

I actually added IntelUIAPI.selectItem() just a week or so ago!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #8839 on: June 16, 2022, 07:58:58 PM »

How can I disable the default portraits and add new ones, and can I do that mid-game?

I just want more of Company of Heroes 2 portraits. by priestacity
The easy way (and the one that works midgame) is to just replace the vanilla portraits by having other images with the same folder and filename in your mod.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8840 on: June 17, 2022, 02:07:28 PM »

Greets all. I have a question regarding the aggression settings in Hiver Swarm. I have tweaked it based on all the documentation I could find and added a second system to sort of force them to travel across the map but I still get complaints that they are not aggressive enough. At this point I am unsure if it is a matter of my ignorance, maybe I have them too distant or that I have reached the limit of aggression allowed in the game. Attached below are the json and the faction files (had to save them as a txt to get it attached) for the mod that I believe are the only files that effect aggression.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #8841 on: June 18, 2022, 02:55:55 AM »

Is the vanilla fleet navigation module available for modding?

I have some features where a fleet is supposed to follow player fleet around (or rather, follow a token set to the same location as player fleet), but I've heard issues being reported with it. Like the fleet is following player, sees player enter system using a jump point, then uses a completely different jump point to enter the system. So I was wondering if I could make a fleet just take the shortest route to player location even if it loses sight.

Greets all. I have a question regarding the aggression settings in Hiver Swarm. I have tweaked it based on all the documentation I could find and added a second system to sort of force them to travel across the map but I still get complaints that they are not aggressive enough. At this point I am unsure if it is a matter of my ignorance, maybe I have them too distant or that I have reached the limit of aggression allowed in the game. Attached below are the json and the faction files (had to save them as a txt to get it attached) for the mod that I believe are the only files that effect aggression.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Aggression in combat or Nex's strategic layer? The first is a matter of ship AI; your current settings should have all the officers be reckless, but ship AI is a bit hard to understand so it may still have issues; it may be afraid to close due to being badly outranged, for instance.
If it's about Nex, specify in what way it's not being aggressive enough (not launching enough invasions?) and I might take a look.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: June 18, 2022, 03:22:08 AM »

Aggression in combat or Nex's strategic layer? The first is a matter of ship AI; your current settings should have all the officers be reckless, but ship AI is a bit hard to understand so it may still have issues; it may be afraid to close due to being badly outranged, for instance.
If it's about Nex, specify in what way it's not being aggressive enough (not launching enough invasions?) and I might take a look.

I apologize, I should have been more specific. The mod is meant to be is a non player enemy AI faction designed to be aggressive invaders as well as colonize systems. I have Nex as a required mod since it relies on your wonderful mod to make it work as intended. I have received some complaints that although they do invade eventually, it is slower than they would like. I believe I have them at maximum aggression but I am a still new to modding and am probably missing something, idk. Also, although I have them set to a high probability to colonize (I think) they rarely, if ever, do so.

Thank you for taking the time, I appreciate it.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8843 on: June 18, 2022, 08:29:21 AM »

Is the vanilla fleet navigation module available for modding?

I have some features where a fleet is supposed to follow player fleet around (or rather, follow a token set to the same location as player fleet), but I've heard issues being reported with it. Like the fleet is following player, sees player enter system using a jump point, then uses a completely different jump point to enter the system. So I was wondering if I could make a fleet just take the shortest route to player location even if it loses sight.

IIRC fleet AI just uses the closest-to-it jump-point that leads to the right LocationAPI. I *think* the easiest thing to do might be to make it follow the jump-point you want it to take and only switch to following the player-token once it's on top of it.

Lord Admiral Spire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: June 19, 2022, 12:14:16 AM »

Is it possible to have a weapon/hullmod/other component specifically do crew or CR damage?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8845 on: June 19, 2022, 05:59:17 PM »

Is it possible to have a weapon/hullmod/other component specifically do crew or CR damage?

Technically correct but probably not very useful answer: yes.

(If you're doing something specific, it might help to know exactly which bit of it you're running into trouble with.)

Lord Admiral Spire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8846 on: June 20, 2022, 12:46:56 PM »

Technically correct but probably not very useful answer: yes.

(If you're doing something specific, it might help to know exactly which bit of it you're running into trouble with.)

Currently looking to simulate boarding and morale mechanics and morale mechanics to imitate various weapons, abilities, and systems from the source material I have. Applying CR drain and/or crew damage to systems/weapons/hullmods seems the most direct route, but I've as of yet gleaned no way to accomplish this without seriously brushing up on my Java.

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: June 21, 2022, 01:56:07 AM »

Where can I find the Java code for marines commodity in the src of Starsector?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: June 21, 2022, 02:18:08 AM »

Could you please confirm API request thread asks? For example, I did ask for this back in November: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4900.msg345871#msg345871

The suggestion thread does feel neglected - we haven't heard you there since late November :(

I actually added IntelUIAPI.selectItem() just a week or so ago!

Thank you! Does it accept allow to just deselect whatever is selected (passing `null` I guess) just like `showCoreUITab(CoreUITabId.INTEL, null)` does?

Edit: For people needing this now, there is an ugly workaround (flickers IntelUI screen momentarily): https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=24681.msg366999#msg366999
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 02:20:37 AM by Jaghaimo »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: June 21, 2022, 10:01:17 AM »

Currently looking to simulate boarding and morale mechanics and morale mechanics to imitate various weapons, abilities, and systems from the source material I have. Applying CR drain and/or crew damage to systems/weapons/hullmods seems the most direct route, but I've as of yet gleaned no way to accomplish this without seriously brushing up on my Java.

Ah - well, you will need code to do that. ShipAPI has a setCurrentCR() method, that sort of thing.

Where can I find the Java code for marines commodity in the src of Starsector?

You mean the code that manages their XP etc, right? com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.PlayerFleetPersonnelTracker.

Could you please confirm API request thread asks? For example, I did ask for this back in November: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4900.msg345871#msg345871

The suggestion thread does feel neglected - we haven't heard you there since late November :(

Ah - I generally only look through that thread close to release time and pick what I can reasonably do, so it doesn't see much discussion overall. But whatever is there, I will definitely look through; it's always on my radar as a "thing to do at some point before a release"!

Thank you! Does it accept allow to just deselect whatever is selected (passing `null` I guess) just like `showCoreUITab(CoreUITabId.INTEL, null)` does?

It didn't, but, easy enough to do, so: did that!
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 710