Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 706

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1700563 times)

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #8775 on: May 23, 2022, 03:56:44 PM »

Is there an easy way (or just a way, period) to reproduce the spatter of debris that's created when a ship takes damage or a missile gets destroyed? Not quite sure how to pull the individual sprites/glow from the debris spritesheet. I'm assuming the code that does it is obfuscated but I'm just kinda hoping there's an API method somewhere that I'm missing.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 03:58:42 PM by theDragn »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: May 23, 2022, 04:16:19 PM »

Not that I can think of, no. IIRC in the next version you'll be able to specify how much debris missiles spawn when destroyed, but the ship-impact debris still wouldn't be configurable.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #8777 on: May 24, 2022, 03:48:04 AM »

I think you should be able to keep track of it by using SubmarketInteractionListener.reportPlayerOpenedSubmarket(). I don't believe there's any method to actually query that state.
Thanks, this was exactly what I needed!

Though now I have a weird issue:
I set settings.json "shipWeaponBuyPriceMult" to zero, which makes the tooltip claim weapons and fighter LPCs are now free to buy on markets...

But when I actually pick them up, the transaction has a price, which indeed gets charged when I confirm:

(selling with shipWeaponSellPriceMult = 0 works correctly)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: May 24, 2022, 10:21:12 AM »

... oh wow, it looks like that wasn't working *at all, ever* - not even the base 1.2x multiplier - and has managed to go unnoticed until now. Thank you for catching it, fixed it up :)

NEmergix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: May 24, 2022, 04:59:57 PM »

Hey, new here.

I am looking for a mod that adds new ship variants with their textures, eg an onslaught with a pirate paintjob ( and even modified stats ) but i can't find something despite searching all over the web.

Any help ? Seems like an obvious mod.

i did find stuff like that : Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliaries (HEA) - v.0.95 but not for pirates , or lp ...

Thanks in advance.

itBeABruhMoment

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: May 25, 2022, 04:17:58 PM »

Hey, new here.

I am looking for a mod that adds new ship variants with their textures, eg an onslaught with a pirate paintjob ( and even modified stats ) but i can't find something despite searching all over the web.

Any help ? Seems like an obvious mod.

i did find stuff like that : Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliaries (HEA) - v.0.95 but not for pirates , or lp ...

Thanks in advance.
This is a thread about mod making

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8781 on: May 26, 2022, 05:28:04 AM »

Is there a way to only make specific ships immune to damage from hyperspace storms/corona effects or asteroid impacts?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 05:56:33 AM by shoi »

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: May 26, 2022, 05:57:40 AM »

Speaking of editing skills, interesting, its possible to level up skill more than just to Elite version or this code is in obfuscated part of code and can't be edited? Or say differently, it is possible to port skill system from pre-095 version of the game? 091 one with three levels of each skill or 060 one with 10 levels of skill.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: May 26, 2022, 06:19:49 AM »

Speaking of editing skills, interesting, its possible to level up skill more than just to Elite version or this code is in obfuscated part of code and can't be edited? Or say differently, it is possible to port skill system from pre-095 version of the game? 091 one with three levels of each skill or 060 one with 10 levels of skill.

the underlying systems haven't changed (elite skills are literally just level 2 skills (iirc, been a lil bit since i looked at them)), but the UI no longer allows for them to be levelled ast level 2 so they can't be accessed.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: May 26, 2022, 07:10:51 AM »

Thats bad, I hope new versions of SS will allow to edit UI stuff too.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8785 on: May 26, 2022, 09:55:39 AM »

Is there a way to only make specific ships immune to damage from hyperspace storms/corona effects or asteroid impacts?

I think you might be able to do it by modifying:
stats.getDynamic().getStat(Stats.CORONA_EFFECT_MULT)

To a large-ish negative value (like, -10), but I'm not 100% sure and it *might* have some repercussions if some of the code that checks it doesn't check for negative CR loss. (It appears to, but I didn't dig in enough to have actual certainty.)

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: May 26, 2022, 04:17:17 PM »

How does one modify the text messages that appear on the center top of the screen on the campaign view ("Game paused"/"Game resumed" and so on) ?
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: May 27, 2022, 07:31:56 AM »

The answer to such questions is usually a visible (or invisible) hullmod.

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: May 27, 2022, 12:55:18 PM »

How can I programmatically modify the base range of specific projectile specs once Starsector has loaded?  The WeaponSpecAPI method setMaxRange affects only the length of the weapon arcs, leaving the projectiles with the same range.  The WeaponSpecAPI method getProjectileSpec returns an object of a class I have determined to be the obfuscated ProjectileSpec behind the ProjectileSpecAPI, but the reflection tools I have borrowed from lyravega's Experimental Hullmods cannot reach the setMaxRange method  that my IDE indicates it inherits.  lyravega has suggested I ask Alex about this.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8789 on: May 27, 2022, 06:01:09 PM »

How does one modify the text messages that appear on the center top of the screen on the campaign view ("Game paused"/"Game resumed" and so on) ?

Global.getSector().getCampaignUI().getMessageDisplay();
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 706