Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 706

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1700425 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #8445 on: January 23, 2022, 08:35:34 AM »

I didn't have a chance to look in any detail, but one more thing to note: d-mod tooltips actually show you the value *after* the dmod effect modifier is applied, in case that matters.

I'm not quite 100% sure what you mean, but if you mean that the tooltip wouldn't show the change or would otherwise be misleading, then just for clarity I cross-referenced the stats of the exact same variant without the officer and the relevant stats are identical.

And just to be absolutely sure, I checked the speed in the simulator and it is unaffected. If Rugged Construction is working, then something must be going on with how the skills are applied.

To be fair, I'm also getting reports of other kinds of weird things that *shouldn't* be happening so there might be something bigger than just this that is off somehow. For example (and I haven't confirmed this yet), apparently factions aren't actually using the ship quality set in the faction file and generally ignore any nearby nanoforges. The thing is, to my knowledge I don't do anything to that part of the campaign rig and I don't override d-mods iirc so the only thing I could think of is that this is somehow from the no_autofit tag?

Here is the screenshot I got and the report:

And the D-mods is referred to this post https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13183.msg338815#msg338815
Only some of the mod modified ship has D-mods when spawning in an NPC fleet. Majorly, they are all pristine even pirate Atlas.

So while the ships have some d-mods, it isn't nearly enough of them when reading what the quality stat states should roughly be there. I would say that maybe its Nex making changes, but:

This issue is exclusive to your mod. I never encounter it in vanilla or in other combinations of mods. It might be that it doesn't pull the quality value properly or there's no D-mods version of the ship to choose from? or they don't know the new modified D-mods? Also adding or removing nano forge (by stealing) doesn't affect the D-mods. Most of the factions have quality over 100% so they will be fine even with this bug initially but if the player stole the nano forge the quality issue will not be reflected correctly as well.

I haven't tested this on .1a yet. I will try to test it today.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: January 26, 2022, 04:57:07 AM »

Is there a way to add tags and hints via hullmods?

For example, I would like to be able to add ALWAYS_PANIC alongside an Autoforge, and need to add special_allows_system_use, system_allows_special_use
for switching a shield to a damper system.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: January 26, 2022, 06:30:36 PM »

Is there a way to add tags and hints via hullmods?

For example, I would like to be able to add ALWAYS_PANIC alongside an Autoforge, and need to add special_allows_system_use, system_allows_special_use
for switching a shield to a damper system.

There isn't, no - hints are tracked per hull spec, and there's only one instance of it shared between all the ships with that hull, so changing it for one ship would change it for all of them.

Kris_xK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: January 27, 2022, 10:44:09 AM »

Is it possible to use Enum WeaponAPI.WeaponType in a hullmod to get a turret count? I'm just curious if my ongoing failure is a result of my complete lack of coding skills or if my method is just a nonstarter.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: January 27, 2022, 01:11:48 PM »

How do I find the location of a specific fighter bay?

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: January 27, 2022, 01:32:17 PM »

for(WeaponSlotAPI possbay:lastResort.getHullSpec().getAllWeaponSlotsCopy())
                           {
                                                                                //check for id here
                              if(possbay.getWeaponType() == WeaponAPI.WeaponType.LAUNCH_BAY)
                              {
                                 location = possbay.getLocation();

}

}

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: January 28, 2022, 03:42:12 AM »

Is it possible to change a ship's shield to Damper Field with a hullmod? Only needs to work for one ship class, not in general.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: January 28, 2022, 06:52:36 AM »

Is it possible to change a ship's shield to Damper Field with a hullmod? Only needs to work for one ship class, not in general.
Possibly. Try out a ship with a regular shield, but the special system hints and see if it crashes.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: January 28, 2022, 07:32:08 AM »

Is it possible to use Enum WeaponAPI.WeaponType in a hullmod to get a turret count? I'm just curious if my ongoing failure is a result of my complete lack of coding skills or if my method is just a nonstarter.

You're probably looking for WeaponSlotAPI.isTurret(), but it's hard to say without knowing more about what you're doing.

I think there are some modded hullmods that let you switch paintjobs? Depending on how those are implemented - i.e. if they end up switching the hull to a different skin, under the hood - then you might be able to use the same kind of approach. Not sure, though.

Vandermeer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: January 28, 2022, 10:20:00 AM »

If I were to add a line ->
Code
item_:{tags:[my_awesome_bp]}
to one or more blueprint drop groups with some arbitrary frequency, would these blueprints continue to drop, or does the blueprint giveaway stop once you have a category or single ship unlocked?

I could find out by playing, but I refuse to get new post 0.9 ingame experience spoiled before everything is finely modded.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: January 28, 2022, 06:33:35 PM »

I think there are some modded hullmods that let you switch paintjobs? Depending on how those are implemented - i.e. if they end up switching the hull to a different skin, under the hood - then you might be able to use the same kind of approach. Not sure, though.

Tried hackery, but found no solace. I think when the time comes I will just make it have Damper by default and no shield option. Or make it separate hulls and route the player through my conversion mechanics to switch between them.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: January 29, 2022, 07:01:19 PM »

How do I get the target ship API of a fighter wing when the owner carrier doesn't have a target?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 10:22:22 AM by Sutopia »

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: January 30, 2022, 04:11:10 AM »

If you have the FighterWingAPI you can just getWingMembers() to get a list of ShipAPIs. If you have the carrier's ShipAPI you can use getAllWings() to get the list of its FighterWingAPIs first.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #8459 on: January 30, 2022, 10:15:09 AM »

Offhand question I haven't had time to investigate: What are the circumstances for the AI to use Reserve Deployment now? I'm pretty sure there were changes in the most recent update iirc.

The AI seems to refuse to use it even when the replacement rate is at 30% in my mod.

*EDIT* Ah ok so its related to the AI setting the wings to engage. It seems to use it upon first setting it to engage but not everytime so maybe its looking for a full wing count. It doesn't typically use it during regroup even with a low replacement rate.

So the AI now treats it as an attack boost from the extra wing members rather than a replenishment system.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 11:36:38 AM by Morrokain »
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 706