Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 706

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1700063 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #7800 on: July 31, 2021, 12:58:16 PM »

What determines... planet class? And can I do anything about it by setting it code-wise? I have this procgen planet with a size 1 but yet... very decent hazard rating and conditions.

Hmm? I'm not sure I understand the question. "size 1"?

Is there any way to show custom confirm dialog without using interaction dialog in the campaign layer?
What I know is:
boolean showConfirmDialog(String message, String ok, String cancel, float width, float height, Script onOk, Script onCancel);
It's not customizable, so will it be some customized functions?

There isn't anything like this at the moment, no.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: July 31, 2021, 02:35:54 PM »

Hmm? I'm not sure I understand the question. "size 1"?

There isn't anything like this at the moment, no.
I meant class 1-5, brainfart

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: July 31, 2021, 02:37:26 PM »

Ahhh! Makes sense now.

See: SurveyPluginImpl.getSurveyDataType()

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: July 31, 2021, 03:26:19 PM »

Ahhh! Makes sense now.

See: SurveyPluginImpl.getSurveyDataType()

Hmm that returns a string, is there no method like SurveyPluginImpl.setSurveyDataType()?

Because this planet class of I on Chitagupta just annoys me a slight bit, because I prefer for it to be class II.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: July 31, 2021, 03:30:04 PM »

You'd have to provide your own version of SurveyPluginImpl if you want to change its behavior; probably a bit of overkill for this. What I was saying is have a look at the method; you can then see what it's considering for the planet "class".

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: July 31, 2021, 03:31:38 PM »

You'd have to provide your own version of SurveyPluginImpl if you want to change its behavior; probably a bit of overkill for this. What I was saying is have a look at the method; you can then see what it's considering for the planet "class".
Ohh, okay thanks!

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: July 31, 2021, 11:32:11 PM »

I've been testing out things a fair amount tonight, and I'm really stumped with how burst beams calculate damage in the stat card and combat:

Relevant values:

dps: 3500
burst size: 0.2
charge up: 0.05
charge down: 0.01
burst delay: 0.74 (cooldown)
beam speed: 10000

full CSV entry:
Heavy Burst PD Beam (AO),archean_heavyburst,3,0.3,3200,600,3500,,,0,500,13,8,0.5,4,ENERGY,,,0.05,0.01,0.2,0.74,,,,,10000,,,,,1,,PD,"pd13, utility12, archean_hightech_bp_tier2, rare_bp, archean_tritachyon_bp, merc",,Rare,,Burst Point Defense,10000,,,,"Deals %s shield damage. When the beam impacts a target, the spalling effect produces an explosion that deals up to %s points of %s damage to other nearby targets. Deals %s shield damage.",Soft Flux | 300 | fragmentation | Soft Flux,This weapon %s without harming them.,can fire through allied ships,,15

Stat card:
Spoiler
[close]

So this should deal over 700 damage per strike, correct??

It took 3 strikes to take a single member of this wing down:
Spoiler
[close]

The armor rating is 70 and the hull is 350.

770/2 - 70 or (770 - 70)/2 against 350...

It should have taken at most two strikes even before the extra 300 frag damage is added in and that should have made it a single strike in any scenario. It took 3. Can anyone direct me as to what I'm doing wrong here?? If I increase the burst beam damage by, say, triple, then it makes SO builds ridiculous against enemy ships especially in the player's hands. They are already very strong with the current damage as it is.

The stat card seems very misleading as to what the actual weapon performance is.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: August 01, 2021, 06:33:19 AM »

Is there a way to spawn beams from a coordinate like projectiles do?

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: August 01, 2021, 09:38:47 AM »

@Morrokain: Hmm. One thing to keep in mind is that beams deal damage roughly every 0.1 seconds. So for burst beams the damage will never be 100% accurate, and in general it's probably a good idea to have chargeup/down values that are either 0 or at least 0.1. However, that doesn't explain the level of disparity you're seeing.

I'm not sure what's going wrong in this case. I did just confirm that the regular Heavy Burst Laser deals the damage you'd expect based on the stat card, though - 6-ish hits to take down a Broadsword. So copying all of its stats might be a good starting point. If e.g. you do that and then just up the DPS and don't see an expected increase in damage, that'd tell you something, etc. Also, that fighter has a built-in hullmod - looks like one of yours? Still. Might be better to test vs a vanilla Broadsword or some such.

(Your beam speed looks like it's 10k, which is good - otherwise, that'd probably be the problem. Beam travel time really cuts into burst beam damage if it's not ultra-high...)

Is there a way to spawn beams from a coordinate like projectiles do?

I don't believe so, no.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: August 01, 2021, 12:40:07 PM »

@Morrokain: Hmm. One thing to keep in mind is that beams deal damage roughly every 0.1 seconds. So for burst beams the damage will never be 100% accurate, and in general it's probably a good idea to have chargeup/down values that are either 0 or at least 0.1. However, that doesn't explain the level of disparity you're seeing.

I'm not sure what's going wrong in this case. I did just confirm that the regular Heavy Burst Laser deals the damage you'd expect based on the stat card, though - 6-ish hits to take down a Broadsword. So copying all of its stats might be a good starting point. If e.g. you do that and then just up the DPS and don't see an expected increase in damage, that'd tell you something, etc. Also, that fighter has a built-in hullmod - looks like one of yours? Still. Might be better to test vs a vanilla Broadsword or some such.

(Your beam speed looks like it's 10k, which is good - otherwise, that'd probably be the problem. Beam travel time really cuts into burst beam damage if it's not ultra-high...)

Ugh! Well I feel really silly now. I completely forgot that a I reduce beam damage taken with the built in hullmod by 60% because all beams pierce and were too good otherwise. So, errr, mystery solved! ::)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: August 01, 2021, 12:53:09 PM »

Ah, that'd do it :D

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: August 01, 2021, 08:11:59 PM »

How would you go about changing the probability of facing a autonomous defense fleet in SalvageGenFromSeed? I have a personal mod to set the strength of them to max at game start but with the change that lowered the probability of facing them if their strength is high I'm not fighting them as often as I like.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: August 01, 2021, 11:26:28 PM »

is there a way to check if a personapi is a mercenary and not an officer (I.E. the ones you hire on for a year, or whatever the time period was)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: August 02, 2021, 09:02:55 AM »

How would you go about changing the probability of facing a autonomous defense fleet in SalvageGenFromSeed? I have a personal mod to set the strength of them to max at game start but with the change that lowered the probability of facing them if their strength is high I'm not fighting them as often as I like.

You'd need to add your own implementation of SalvageDefenderModificationPlugin

to SectorAPI.getGenericPlugins()

Make sure that getHandlingPriority() returns a negative number for any defenses you don't want to modify. If you wanted to retain some of the vanilla behaviors, you could extend SalvageDefenderModificationPluginImpl.

is there a way to check if a personapi is a mercenary and not an officer (I.E. the ones you hire on for a year, or whatever the time period was)

Yep! Misc.isMercenary(person)

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: August 02, 2021, 09:55:14 AM »

How do I store a variant into engine mid-game instead of loading it at game launch? (Is it possible?)

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 706