Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 709

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1717882 times)

Kenshkrix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #7470 on: May 30, 2021, 10:41:20 PM »

I made a comment in this thread once, and ever since i have had this on my 'new replies to my posts' page every time i log, and cannot find any way to stop it. hell, i couldnt even delete my posts to see if that worked.
In your profile (under Modify Profile) there is a Notifications and Email section.
There should be a Current Topic Notifications section there, where you should be able to checkmark the topic and select Unsubscribe at the bottom.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: May 31, 2021, 12:06:11 AM »

I made a comment in this thread once, and ever since i have had this on my 'new replies to my posts' page every time i log, and cannot find any way to stop it. hell, i couldnt even delete my posts to see if that worked.
In your profile (under Modify Profile) there is a Notifications and Email section.
There should be a Current Topic Notifications section there, where you should be able to checkmark the topic and select Unsubscribe at the bottom.

i can only find the option to disable all of em, which i dont want to do. this is the only thread i dont want to keep following.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7472 on: May 31, 2021, 04:19:44 AM »

Next to "reply", it should say "unnotify"

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7473 on: May 31, 2021, 04:54:47 AM »

it says 'notify', and if i choose it will send me more notificaitons. the place this is showing up is the 'show new replies to your posts' next to your username. seems odd to me you cant opt out of one thread, without opting out of all.

L:atte Mint

• Ensign
  • this kitty is not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: May 31, 2021, 07:58:32 PM »

I'm thinking about creating a submarket, that giving player designed item when player sells their items (for example, AI core),
but I got no idea how to build it with current submarketplugin interface or BaseSubmarketPlugin
I know that I should determine player's action with TransferAction.PLAYER_SELL, but not sure where to implement this...
 ;) Any idea?
-- 404 FELINE NOT FOUND --

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7475 on: May 31, 2021, 08:42:23 PM »

Does copying an entity's memory copy its tags or are they stored separately?

They're separate.

I'm thinking about creating a submarket, that giving player designed item when player sells their items (for example, AI core),
but I got no idea how to build it with current submarketplugin interface or BaseSubmarketPlugin
I know that I should determine player's action with TransferAction.PLAYER_SELL, but not sure where to implement this...
 ;) Any idea?

You'd probably want to create a custom submarket plugin, and define a new submarket using it in data/campaign/submarkets.csv

L:atte Mint

• Ensign
  • this kitty is not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: May 31, 2021, 08:53:32 PM »

You'd probably want to create a custom submarket plugin, and define a new submarket using it in data/campaign/submarkets.csv
Thx for the reply ;), is that the function named reportPlayerMarketTransaction I need to implement?
-- 404 FELINE NOT FOUND --

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: June 01, 2021, 06:30:31 AM »

How to add extra industry or structure to a existing market as a mod?
Or change their faction allegiance?
I am taking about modifications that affect campaign start.
I know how to add it by modifying the files in main game folders(and it works well) but when I try to make it a separate mod(by taking file, add extra stuff) then I get wild results.
Like when switching faction ownership say from Path to pirate it still show as Path on big map and still spawn Path fleets instead of pirate one.
If any industry/structure is added it drop both production and accessibility to zero.

Also the Galatia system is missing from econ folder.
Can anyone help?

Clouden

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: June 01, 2021, 11:20:06 AM »

Hi!

What would be the best way to double the Automated fleet point limit of 30 on the Automated Ships skill?
Is it easier to change a parameter in the starfarer.api.impl.campaign.skills file or would you recommend another way to bump up the ammount of AI ships I can tag along with decent CR?

Kenshkrix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: June 01, 2021, 11:22:54 AM »

Hi!

What would be the best way to double the Automated fleet point limit of 30 on the Automated Ships skill?
Is it easier to change a parameter in the starfarer.api.impl.campaign.skills file or would you recommend another way to bump up the ammount of AI ships I can tag along with decent CR?
The easiest way would probably be to download the Adjustable Skill Thresholds mod here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20265.0

Clouden

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: June 01, 2021, 11:35:28 AM »

Hi!

The easiest way would probably be to download the Adjustable Skill Thresholds mod here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20265.0

That is indeed the easiest way possible :D

Thank you so so much!

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: June 01, 2021, 03:55:13 PM »

would there be a way to add Cargo to any salvageable entity (research stations, mining stations etc., and their debris) without modifying drop groups? i'm trying not to affect the quantity of pristine nanoforges/other special items that one normally gets from salvaging these entities

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: June 01, 2021, 06:27:07 PM »

Thx for the reply ;), is that the function named reportPlayerMarketTransaction I need to implement?

That sounds right, yeah. You can take a look at the vanilla implementations for examples/to get a handle on what those methods normally do.

How to add extra industry or structure to a existing market as a mod?
Or change their faction allegiance?
I am taking about modifications that affect campaign start.
I know how to add it by modifying the files in main game folders(and it works well) but when I try to make it a separate mod(by taking file, add extra stuff) then I get wild results.
Like when switching faction ownership say from Path to pirate it still show as Path on big map and still spawn Path fleets instead of pirate one.
If any industry/structure is added it drop both production and accessibility to zero.

That's going to need more detail as to specifically what you're doing and what you expect the results to be!

Also the Galatia system is missing from econ folder.

That's not a question :) But: the colonies there get added to the economy by code. See TutorialMissionEvent.endGalatiaPortionOfMission()

would there be a way to add Cargo to any salvageable entity (research stations, mining stations etc., and their debris) without modifying drop groups? i'm trying not to affect the quantity of pristine nanoforges/other special items that one normally gets from salvaging these entities

See this static method in BaseSalvageSpecial:
void addExtraSalvage(SectorEntityToken entity, CargoAPI cargo)

It should add stuff in the cargo to what the entity drops. You could also create your own drop group and do entity.addDropRandom() to have the entity pick from it in addition to its default drop groups.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: June 01, 2021, 07:27:25 PM »

See this static method in BaseSalvageSpecial:
void addExtraSalvage(SectorEntityToken entity, CargoAPI cargo)

It should add stuff in the cargo to what the entity drops. You could also create your own drop group and do entity.addDropRandom() to have the entity pick from it in addition to its default drop groups.

to take advantage of this method, i'm trying to use an ExtraSalvageShownListener, however upon salvaging a research station i don't see my method (public void reportExtraSalvageShown(SectorEntityToken entity)) being called. is there another place i should be using it?

edit:
for those in the future, i used a ShowLootListener which has
public void reportAboutToShowLootToPlayer(CargoAPI loot, InteractionDialogAPI dialog)

from there i generate my own CargoAPI based on the dialog's interaction target's drop value and drop randoms, along with that of its salvage entity spec, and merge it with the loot passed to the listener.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 07:24:35 AM by presidentmattdamon »

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: June 01, 2021, 09:31:41 PM »

Is it possible to implement both FleetStatsSkillEffect and ShipSkillEffect within the same skill?

I was trying to add increased ground operations effectiveness to Target Analysis and I am getting a cast exception when it tries to cast the skill to a MarketSkillEffect.

I am assuming it is something to do with the SkillSpecAPI not being built the way it needs to be in order to be cast to a MarketSkillEffect if it was first cast to a ShipSkillEffect earlier in the code when generating the descriptions?

Exception log:

Spoiler
47311 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ClassCastException: data.scripts.skills.ArcheusTargetAnalysis$Level6 cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.characters.MarketSkillEffect
java.lang.ClassCastException: data.scripts.skills.ArcheusTargetAnalysis$Level6 cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.characters.MarketSkillEffect
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SkillSpec$SkillEffectSpec.float(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$3.createImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.U.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interface.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.Ooo0.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.AptitudeRow.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$Oo.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.intnew.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.oo0o.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.oooO.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.O0oO.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 709