Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1076677 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #7350 on: May 01, 2021, 10:05:20 AM »

Hmm - it seems like generally-speaking using setters for the text members should work (i.e. setText1() etc) but setting the type/id would absolutely not. I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do - there are lots of possibilities here, i.e. I think what you're doing sounds very different than what the thread talks about? - so, need more info.

Jaghaimo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: May 01, 2021, 11:49:34 AM »

I want to append a text to ship descriptions (as displayed when hovering over it in submarkets, or codex, etc.). I have a hull mod id, so:
        Description desc = Global.getSettings().getDescription(id, Type.SHIP); // is not null so I got it
And add my text to it:
        desc.setText1("Text 1"); desc.setText2("Text 2"); desc.setText3("Text 3");

And... NOW IT WORKED. Ah, only text1 is used in ship description ("Text 2" and "Text 3" does not show), and I was trying to use text3 before.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 11:52:13 AM by Jaghaimo »
Stellar Networks - collection of useful intel boards

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: May 01, 2021, 11:55:57 AM »

Ah! Yeah, which of those are used are specific to the description in question, they have a different meaning depending on context. (For example for weapons, text3 (I think?), if present, shows a "quote-style" description, that sort of thing.)

Sallymoronic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7353 on: May 02, 2021, 01:26:27 AM »

Hello, new. Been messing around with a mod (BSG Revived) since I got the game. Adding the ships into my own game using the wikis modding guide. I've managed to get the ships to show as blueprints, the weapons as well. I can spawn the ships using their variants and they come fully locked and loaded. I have the ability to construct them at my colonies but my issue is the game isnt reading the variant files (more accurately I messed up somewhere and it *cant* read them) so these ships are included in patrol fleets but show as having no armament. I have the ships in the default_shiproles, that file is in the folders its meant to be in. Got the ship_data sorted, wings as well. Weapons_data, a-ok as far as I can see. I tagged all relevant ships and weapons as rare_bp rather than the bsg_bp tag it originally came with because I wasnt including the original mods faction in my universe.

And umm...dunno really, gone through all the ships in the shipeditor, made sure the variants are all lined up nice and neat. Sorry if this is a rambling mess, I havent ever fiddled with the guts of a mod (or made one) before. Any pointers would be helpful!

1991 ford explorer

• Ensign
  • Battlegroup XXXIV
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: May 02, 2021, 05:18:26 AM »

ok so, this is the main ship that shouldn't spawn, it's tech type displays correctly

this is the main skin that's supposed to spawn, but it has no tech for some reason
here's the .skin file, could someone throw me a hand on this?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #7355 on: May 02, 2021, 09:13:16 AM »

In BaseHubMission.setPersonMissionRef, when/where is the ref then unset from memory?

Hello, new. Been messing around with a mod (BSG Revived) since I got the game. Adding the ships into my own game using the wikis modding guide. I've managed to get the ships to show as blueprints, the weapons as well. I can spawn the ships using their variants and they come fully locked and loaded. I have the ability to construct them at my colonies but my issue is the game isnt reading the variant files (more accurately I messed up somewhere and it *cant* read them) so these ships are included in patrol fleets but show as having no armament. I have the ships in the default_shiproles, that file is in the folders its meant to be in. Got the ship_data sorted, wings as well. Weapons_data, a-ok as far as I can see. I tagged all relevant ships and weapons as rare_bp rather than the bsg_bp tag it originally came with because I wasnt including the original mods faction in my universe.

And umm...dunno really, gone through all the ships in the shipeditor, made sure the variants are all lined up nice and neat. Sorry if this is a rambling mess, I havent ever fiddled with the guts of a mod (or made one) before. Any pointers would be helpful!
Check if the mod's weapons have their autofit tags set (e.g. vanilla LMG has "pd6, kinetic3, SR"). Also try adding the "no_autofit" tag to one or more ships; if those ships then spawn with weapons, that makes it clear where the problem is.

If that doesn't fix it, post the mod and I might have time to look for obvious issues.

Wild guess: Remove the manufacturer tag with its empty string.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 09:15:25 AM by Histidine »

1991 ford explorer

• Ensign
  • Battlegroup XXXIV
    • View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: May 02, 2021, 10:54:23 AM »

In BaseHubMission.setPersonMissionRef, when/where is the ref then unset from memory?

Check if the mod's weapons have their autofit tags set (e.g. vanilla LMG has "pd6, kinetic3, SR"). Also try adding the "no_autofit" tag to one or more ships; if those ships then spawn with weapons, that makes it clear where the problem is.

If that doesn't fix it, post the mod and I might have time to look for obvious issues.

that was it, cheers man

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: May 02, 2021, 11:04:36 AM »

When abort() is called, either because the mission wasn't accepted, or because it was completed. See:
changes.add(new VariableSet(person.getMemoryWithoutUpdate(), key, true));
and VariableSet.abort()

Sallymoronic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7358 on: May 02, 2021, 11:52:06 AM »

You're a bloody star! That did the job of the ships coming with weapons now I just need to figure out how to have the mods weapons set as priority for the mod ships. I went through the vanilla weapons_data and chose tags that sorta matched the modded weapons and set those to 20 (kinetic20 and missile20, in this case). Am I understanding right that the higher the number the "better" a weapon is for any given role as read by the game?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: May 02, 2021, 10:13:43 PM »

In drop groups, can we call the new mixed-type weapons by the mount type they fit in? IE:
Code
wpn_:{tier:3, tags:[<REDACTED>, !restricted], weaponType:HYBRID}
Or does the game call them by their base type in the weapon file for this purpose?
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7360 on: May 03, 2021, 08:28:01 AM »

im trying to spawn a muzzle flash on a weapon from another weapon.

engine.spawnMuzzleFlashOrSmoke(weapon.getShip(),
                    weapon.getSlot(),
                    muzzleSource2,
                    counter,
                    weapAngle + currentAngle);

where weapon is the weapon calling advance on a everyframeeffect and muzzlesource2 is the weaponSpecApi of another weapon that has the same turret/barrel offset. On a hardpoint the flash seems to line up properly, but turreted has the muzzle flash with a strong offset from the actual position. Why?

Hmm - probably because the slot type of weapon and muzzleSourc2 doesn't match up? Hardpoints and turrets have different fire offsets.

muzzlesource2 is a weaponSpecApi. I cant specify if its hardpoint or turret. Weapon.getSlot() gets me the slot of the weapon im currently in the everyFrameEffect. MuzzleFlash2 is the spec of a weapon I got from global.getsettings. It,s a copy of the spec of weapon, except it has muzzle flash definition. The goal is to spawn a muzzle flash for a beam weapon.

What the problem look ingame is the flash always come out of the position of the unrotated turret barrel
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 08:42:58 AM by lethargie »

bob888w

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: May 04, 2021, 07:33:48 PM »

Not necessarily about coding, but I need help finding a mod I was previously interested in... I recalled that the mod included a paragon turned orbital farm and thats about it. Can anyone provide me a name?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • Ur-Quan Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: May 04, 2021, 07:39:06 PM »

Not necessarily about coding, but I need help finding a mod I was previously interested in... I recalled that the mod included a paragon turned orbital farm and thats about it. Can anyone provide me a name?

I don't know about anybody else, but if this thread got clogged up with this sort of question, it would be dramatically less useful to me. I've set up a new thread over here for what-was-that-mod questions.
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

DesperatePeter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: May 04, 2021, 11:19:16 PM »

Is there any way for a mod to interact with the ship refit screen (specifically the weapon group settings)?

I searched the API Doc but didn't find anything promising.

Ideally, I would like to add another GUI-element to that screen. But being able to listen for InputEvents and having access to the FleetMember-API would also do.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Does Reinforced Bulkheads make enemy ships always recoverable? Without story points?
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492