Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 706

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1700071 times)

Alemismun

• Ensign
  • Im just some weeb
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #4785 on: August 10, 2019, 05:05:12 PM »

Yet another question arises, how do I change the respawn timer on fighters? My OP fighter respawns too quick, which makes it impossible for the enemy to attack.

"refit time" in wing_data.csv. It's the time, in seconds, it takes the carrier to build a new fighter if one is lost. Higher number = slower replacement.

How do I make my fighter fire its missile from a distance? He keeps getting ontop of the enemy in order to fire its torpedo, its madness.

What's the range of the torpedo weapon, and is it guided? What do you have set for the fighter's "engagement range" in wing_data.csv?

I had totally forgotten that engagement range was a thing... somehow. Thanks, now my mechs actually aim!!

Oh and thanks for telling me about the refit time, I thought this affected the amount of time it took for your fleet to adapt to a change mid-flight.

Alemismun

• Ensign
  • Im just some weeb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: August 10, 2019, 06:08:52 PM »

Is there any way to change the behaviour so that instead of making a "fly-by" it stays at a safe distance and snipes? Is it bound to the weapon perhaps?

Edit: its 4 am and im starting to get tired, so I think ill stop for the day; I added my first custom weapon, which instantly resulted in a crash.
Logs were not... super helpful, so im not sure whats the cause, ill look into it tomorrow first thing in the morning (or afternoon if I sleep through the morning haha), until then, if anyone wants to check it out, go ahead and be my guest.
https://filebin.net/iotwql56uqo7bf0w

Edit 2: Found a solution, just not getting into complex stuff yet. /lol

Edit 3: That was a good decision, my mod is coming along nicely, I just need some more med and superheavy mechs and ill publish the first release. Also I think I might have figured out the fly by thing, but I cant say for sure right now.

Edit 4 (electric boogaloo): Im publishing my mod as a WIP thing so I can get feedback.

Edit 5 (final edit on this post I promise): Hurray its out
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 05:17:03 PM by Alemismun »

rencor12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: August 11, 2019, 09:20:41 PM »

Hello, does anyone know how to increase the number of colonies the player character can personally administrate?

Nawj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: August 12, 2019, 04:37:16 AM »

Could someone explain to me how portrait packs are made? I love the available portrait packs on the forums, but I've been wanting to remove the portraits from them I feel don't fit the aesthetic. I figure the best way to go about this is to just make my own portrait mod and combine all of the images I want from the portrait mods on the forum.
I tried searching for a topic about this but I didn't really find anything, sorry if this is a question that's been asked a lot or if there is a thread/guide for it.

Alemismun

• Ensign
  • Im just some weeb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: August 12, 2019, 05:40:09 AM »

Could someone explain to me how portrait packs are made? I love the available portrait packs on the forums, but I've been wanting to remove the portraits from them I feel don't fit the aesthetic. I figure the best way to go about this is to just make my own portrait mod and combine all of the images I want from the portrait mods on the forum.
I tried searching for a topic about this but I didn't really find anything, sorry if this is a question that's been asked a lot or if there is a thread/guide for it.
I have looked into this myself and as far as I can tell, its quite easy.
1. Have all the default mod files (check out the first time modding tutorial)
2. Have all the images in your graphics folder
3. Have a data/factions folder, then inside copy over the factions you want to give the portraits to (ex: all, including "player faction")
4. Open the faction file and under the "male" or "female" portrait list, add the name of your files as a new line.

The easiest way to do this is to borrow someone else's mod and modify it.
I recommend the degenerate pack, delete (or replace) the portraits and then just go ahead and re-write the faction files there, they already come clear of all unnecessary code.

Alemismun

• Ensign
  • Im just some weeb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: August 12, 2019, 09:53:59 AM »

Is there any way to set a min distance for wings (fighters) to stay at? All my mechs keep trying to get inside of their target.
I just want them to fire from the distance, removing the run distance parameter makes them float around and shoot, but at times they still try to close in...

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: August 12, 2019, 10:07:10 AM »

I don't believe so - what you're seeing is "how it works" as far as fighter behavior.

Alemismun

• Ensign
  • Im just some weeb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: August 12, 2019, 11:23:40 AM »

I don't believe so - what you're seeing is "how it works" as far as fighter behavior.
I guess ill just have to live with suicidal mechs.

guedez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: August 12, 2019, 02:58:16 PM »

Is there any mod that lets you add custom intel to sectors? I'd like to keep track where the stations that I didn't search because I had too much stuff to carry are

Salv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: August 15, 2019, 09:14:48 AM »

I've been trying to experiment a bit with the economy, generally to slow the progression a bit, and i have a question.

I tried to, among other things, make it so that the markets take longer to replenish the stockpiles (more than the default 30 days). I found the getStockpilingAddRateMult in the BaseMarketPlugin and adjusted it. It worked but the problem is that the commodities in stock do not translate into Available and Excess values. For instance, a market has 1000 organics after the game starts but the F1 tooltip shows it has 3000 available with 400 excess. So the numbers seem to still be tied to the production units or something.

There are also other weird interactions, but I want to be be brief. Is there a way to make it so that the numbers, that is the demand, supply and excess, play along nicely with the change to the add rate? I tried looking through other files, but im a layman when it comes to java coding so it wasn't really that productive  :P .
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 09:18:36 AM by Salv »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: August 15, 2019, 10:25:30 AM »

What's shown as "available" in the F1 tooltip is an estimate assuming the colony has had time to catch up, i.e. for the stockpiles to reach the stable point. Since what you've done makes it take longer to do that, it'll be out-of-sync until enough time passes.

You might fix this by, say, having the rate only be lower after the player has interacted with the colony once. Or by making the initial new-game-advance step take longer so that things reach the stable point (offhand, not 100% if that's easily doable).

Salv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: August 15, 2019, 10:59:45 AM »

Alright, so i forgot to mention that i also reduced the stockpile consumption rate when there is a demand as well. I just wanted to know if these changes may upset the economy or something, since one of the werid situations i mentioned was that a commodity had an excess of 1000 shown when there were only 400 in stock.

I was also concerned that there is a separate script for the stock ammount and the available and excess numbers that are just attuned to work together and i changed the variable only for one. So the stock would grow or fall inadequately to the excess or demand, disrupting the market price as you can just buy things at excess all the time. What you are saying is that it will eventually normalize? I'm fairly new to the game and i'm not fully familiar with the innards of the economy system yet, so sorry if I'm making nonsensical assumptions.

Anyway, thank you for the answer.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 11:05:50 AM by Salv »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: August 15, 2019, 11:02:40 AM »

Alright, so i forgot to mention that i also reduced the stockpile consumption rate when there is a demand as well.

That only matters for colonies with "use local stockpiles to counter unmet demand" set, so, pretty much player colonies plus Galatia during the tutorial, iirc.

I don't think messing with the rate at which stockpiles refill would break anything. If you change the maximum stockpiles, though, I think that would affect prices.

Salv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: August 15, 2019, 11:38:58 AM »

That's all i needed to know. Thank you for clearing things up.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: August 16, 2019, 01:02:55 AM »

I have a question abut Ground Support Package. How does it work beneath the hood?

Does the number of ships with it matter? Does it only work on troop transports or would any ship equip with it give a bonus? Does it scale?
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 706