Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 706

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1699810 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #2835 on: June 13, 2016, 07:19:55 PM »

I think it's more cool that most of those pages are filled with fellow modders helping each other :)

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: June 13, 2016, 07:21:58 PM »

Yea, those two don't seem to do anything. I tried to use the same sprite for the highlight and diffuse (sprite_glow1) and it said that it required a _glow2 sprite.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: June 13, 2016, 07:27:11 PM »

Hm, looking at the code that seems... unlikely. It's not hardcoded anywhere and is properly getting the values from what's specified in the .system file. Are you sure it's not doing that for some other system where glow2 *is* specified? Such as say the vanilla phase cloak.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: June 13, 2016, 07:32:15 PM »

I'm sure it's not the vanilla phase cloak.

Are there supposed to be full sprite names in there? Ex: "phaseHighlight":"sprite_glow1" vs. "phaseHighlight":"_glow1".

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: June 13, 2016, 07:38:30 PM »

Sample ship sprite name: doom.png
"phaseHighlight":"_glow1",

Yields the highlight sprite name of doom_glow1.png. So, the 2nd option.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: June 13, 2016, 07:57:23 PM »

I'm not entirely sure what is going wrong then.  :-\

Well I got it working by using 1x1 pngs. Thanks for the help.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: June 13, 2016, 07:59:10 PM »

Weird... well, uhh. I'll just leave it at that then, would rather not experiment with it in the dev build, for fear of forgetting to revert something etc.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: June 14, 2016, 09:25:34 AM »

Here's a misc mod question for Alex; did you ever play with SS+ before the content split? Specifically, did you ever toy around with the mobile HQ Castle Ship?

I haven't, actually, never got a chance to.

What are your thoughts on a largely immobile firing platform with a shipsystem that increases its weapon range way beyond its sight radius at the expense of not being able to sustain fire with its ability on without needing to eventually vent flux? I found it mesmerizing to take into combat and have an actual firing platform and it always made me salivate at the thought of space stations and firing platforms in-combat

:-X

Let's not get this thread off-topic, though.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: June 24, 2016, 10:42:02 PM »

Currently working on a mod that adds Lion's Guard reskinned ships to the game. How do I make the Sindrians and Lion's Guard use them? I've tried working backwards from the Ship and Weapons pack, but I'm not sure exactly what file in the directory says 'use these ships'. Tried making new data/world/factions/lions_guard (OR) Sindrian_Diktat FACTION files, and still haven't seen them at all from new games.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: June 25, 2016, 08:37:56 AM »

Seems like you're going about it the right way - you want to add a "lions_guard.faction" file, and then point to your new ships from shipRoles in that file. However, that would only add those ships to the existing configuration for the faction, not replace it entirely. To do that, you need to add the faction file to the "replace" list in your mod_info.json, like so:

"replace":["data/world/factions/lions_guard.faction", "<another file if needed>"],

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: June 26, 2016, 01:48:21 AM »

Thanks Alex! I think the main problem is I'm running SWP and that's 'drowning out' the modded ships.

Another quick one - I'm making a hullmod for the Sindrians that gives better ship speed etc., but at the cost of consuming more fuel. Exactly what is the name of the mutable ship stats API that affects fuel? Is it stats.getFuelPerLightYear?

Also - a general interest question. Could you make a particular ship role get a damage bonus vs. another ship role? I wouldn't mind just mucking around with the interceptor and fighter roles and giving them bonuses vs. Bombers and interceptors respectively.

Marsale

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: June 26, 2016, 05:30:34 AM »

Hi

I'm trying to add a new ship through Trylo's ship editor. I've gone through the steps as far as I can read on the guides on the wiki, adding the center, shields, etc, edited the ships.csv file through the editor to add a new entry and also added a standard .variant file. However, Starsector crashes on startup and the .log file tells me very little or something I can't understand.

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.setHullSpec(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ΓΈ00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I'm not sure where to begin, what did I do wrong? I don't have any other mods installed.

edit- I must have done something wrong with the hull or variant names because redoing it fixed this. Thanks anyway!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 05:55:16 AM by Marsale »

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: June 26, 2016, 11:27:29 AM »

Is there a way to increase the rate at which a station/planet's shipyard will refresh its inventory? If I'm using SS+, Nexerelin and Dynasector, which of these if any will I need to make the change to?

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: June 29, 2016, 04:21:35 AM »

Another quick one - I'm making a hullmod for the Sindrians that gives better ship speed etc., but at the cost of consuming more fuel. Exactly what is the name of the mutable ship stats API that affects fuel? Is it stats.getFuelPerLightYear?
stats.getFuelUseMod

Also - a general interest question. Could you make a particular ship role get a damage bonus vs. another ship role? I wouldn't mind just mucking around with the interceptor and fighter roles and giving them bonuses vs. Bombers and interceptors respectively.
I'm not experienced enough to answer this, but I think you'd be better off using weapon scripts.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: July 01, 2016, 06:21:19 PM »

Thanks Blaze!

Another question - say I make the built-in speed mod, however I don't want the ship to then be able to use Augmented Engines or Unstable Injectors. How do I make this happen? Do I adjust the isApplicableToShip? Or do I need to edit the 'core' hullmods to do this like they do in StarSector Plus?
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 706