Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 706

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1699667 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #1110 on: December 07, 2013, 03:10:37 PM »

Are there any sound filter types other than low pass to be set in a .system file?

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 08, 2013, 11:02:38 AM »

Is there any render hint that lets you render missiles below the launcher?
another way is to use animations, animate the missile leaving the launcher, then spawn your missile at the point where the missile animation ends...
that may actualy be the best way to do it considering SS dosent have support for layers
BISO
(WIP) lots of shiny new weapons ( :-[ i have more weapons then sprites :-[ )

i got a cat pad
its like a mouse pad but better!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 08, 2013, 01:12:36 PM »

Are there any sound filter types other than low pass to be set in a .system file?

No, that's the only one that works - this pretty much maps directly to what OpenAL supports.

Is there any render hint that lets you render missiles below the launcher?
another way is to use animations, animate the missile leaving the launcher, then spawn your missile at the point where the missile animation ends...
that may actualy be the best way to do it considering SS dosent have support for layers

That's a really good idea - it gets around all the problems that layers would cause in this type of setup, never mind the fact that they're not supported to begin with. If you were careful in placing the fire points of the weapon, I think you could actually get that to look completely seamless, too.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 08, 2013, 02:44:01 PM »

That's a great idea, Dmaiski, thanks for sharing :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Xalendi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 09, 2013, 06:11:43 AM »

Trying to add a sound to my custom weapon, but every time I try to test it, Starsector crashes to desktop with an error saying that the sound has no class. Any ideas?

SOLVED: I'd completely forgotten about the Sounds.json
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 06:25:45 AM by Xalendi »

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 09, 2013, 03:55:55 PM »

quick question, how are AI vs AI battles simulated?

I ask this because my mod (and the stuff I am curently working on(slowly, ill do more nearer to chrismas)) uses alot of scriptrocities that derive alot of their effect from the scripts attached to them rather then the weapon itself, so i am woried about intresting things happening (like allways loosing) in AI vs AI battles.
BISO

i got a cat pad

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 09, 2013, 04:21:36 PM »

Short answer: ship strength is based on the deployment point value. As long as those are balanced, it should be fine.

Long answer: take a look at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 10, 2013, 03:28:50 AM »

ahh k thats good, my armor redistributors won't cause any trouble in that case
BISO

i got a cat pad

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: December 11, 2013, 08:04:07 PM »

I'm trying to get a weak faction to spawn in Corvus' star to give new people a bit of a turkey shoot before they go onto the real fights. I think I've gotten the factionspawnpoint down pat, but I'm not sure how to make a gen file because Paul's tutorial seems a little dated on the topic. Does it matter what I name the file? Is all that the gen file does is add lines to corvus.java?
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 12, 2013, 03:02:30 AM »

How do i get hold of all the ShipAPI objects in a CampaignFleetAPI or FleetMemberAPI, if i remember correctly this is now possible on 0.6 right?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 12, 2013, 11:26:03 AM »

How do i get hold of all the ShipAPI objects in a CampaignFleetAPI or FleetMemberAPI, if i remember correctly this is now possible on 0.6 right?

I don't believe it's possible yet. You might be thinking of the new DeployedFleetMemberAPI, which allows you to get at the FleetMemberAPI (and thus all the campaign-level info) from a ShipAPI...

Spoiler
For anyone who finds this searching for information on DeployedFleetMemberAPI, that works like this (it's a bit unwieldy):
Code: java
Global.getCombatEngine().getFleetManager(ship.getOriginalOwner()).getDeployedFleetMember(ship).getMember()
[close]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 11:29:58 AM by LazyWizard »

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 13, 2013, 06:56:36 PM »

Query: Is it possible to override a hull's default-assigned ship system with another through scripting, say, by applying a hullmod?

E.g., replacing/upgrading a standard flare launcher system with the active flare type, or another ship system entirely?

Looking through the modding API didn't point out the obvious solution; unless of course, I completely missed it... which isn't all that unlikely.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 06:59:45 PM by TimeDiver »

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 14, 2013, 08:24:09 AM »

I need a way to get the WeaponAPI for a particular gun into a script, does anyone have a getter for these?

btw i am not talking about geeWeapon getter, I need to be able to be independent from ship
BISO

i got a cat pad

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 14, 2013, 09:25:34 AM »

I'm trying to get a weak faction to spawn in Corvus' star to give new people a bit of a turkey shoot before they go onto the real fights. I think I've gotten the factionspawnpoint down pat, but I'm not sure how to make a gen file because Paul's tutorial seems a little dated on the topic. Does it matter what I name the file? Is all that the gen file does is add lines to corvus.java?

It doesn't matter what you name the file, as long as you also have a generators.csv in your mod and it refers to the gen file. It doesn't add lines to Corvus.java, but instead runs (after it) on new game creation. All the generators do that.

Query: Is it possible to override a hull's default-assigned ship system with another through scripting, say, by applying a hullmod?

E.g., replacing/upgrading a standard flare launcher system with the active flare type, or another ship system entirely?

Looking through the modding API didn't point out the obvious solution; unless of course, I completely missed it... which isn't all that unlikely.

It's not possible, but it's a neat idea.

I need a way to get the WeaponAPI for a particular gun into a script, does anyone have a getter for these?

btw i am not talking about geeWeapon getter, I need to be able to be independent from ship

You can get a WeaponAPI from a ship that has a weapon mounted. These don't exist apart from a ShipAPI; they need to be connected to a ShipAPI to function.

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: December 14, 2013, 09:58:36 AM »

You can get a WeaponAPI from a ship that has a weapon mounted. These don't exist apart from a ShipAPI; they need to be connected to a ShipAPI to function.

is there some way to temporarily mount a weapon on a ship mid combat and then remove it again?
BISO

i got a cat pad
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 706