Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 710

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1720388 times)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #585 on: July 22, 2013, 04:47:04 AM »

Thanks! :)

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 22, 2013, 03:56:03 PM »

I should probably try it before I ask, but still: Is it possible to make PD that will target even incoming projectiles? I know it is possible to set pierce set to actually hit projectile, but I need PD to actively target them.

I would also like to ask if there is a way how to make hull mods and weapons unusable by player in mission. I mean different way them make everything inbuilt.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 04:28:17 PM by Ravendarke »

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 22, 2013, 04:42:55 PM »

1 is not possible afaik

2 can be done, if nothing else you can make something cost like 1000 OP and give them to the AI via variant editing. But depending on what exactly you're trying to do I might be able to suggest a more elegant solution
mmm.... tartiflette

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 22, 2013, 07:03:32 PM »

I'm making a general hullmod, and one issue that came up was the IDs and the names.

In hullmods.csv There's a column for "names", "id", and "script".

In the individual hullmods files like heavy armor, there's only one term that references the terms in hullmods.csv and that is:

Code
public class HeavyArmor

Lets say that I'm adding a range of armor hullmods, and am working with one file right now.

What references "HeavyArmor"? Is it "names" or "id"? I know "script" pretty much already points to the file the csv file needs to look at, so what are the other two? Is "id" for heavy armor in public class heavy armor in the hullmod file, and name is what shows up in game? Isn't the "id" redundant since the csv file already points to the hullmod file in question?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:05:57 PM by Flare »
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 22, 2013, 11:10:50 PM »

I would also like to ask if there is a way how to make hull mods and weapons unusable by player in mission. I mean different way them make everything inbuilt.

Look up my mod, the R.U.N.E hull mod was coded by Lazywizard in a way that only ships with the hull id prefix "thule_xxx" can use it.

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 23, 2013, 12:58:06 AM »

Look up my mod, the R.U.N.E hull mod was coded by Lazywizard in a way that only ships with the hull id prefix "thule_xxx" can use it.

Great, thank you.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 23, 2013, 01:19:58 AM »

The other way to approach that is to simply code up a Plugin that regulates any player-only features specifically for them and only if played by the AI.  Then it's a silent buff that players can't have and won't see.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 23, 2013, 06:10:48 AM »

I'm making a general hullmod, and one issue that came up was the IDs and the names.

In hullmods.csv There's a column for "names", "id", and "script".

In the individual hullmods files like heavy armor, there's only one term that references the terms in hullmods.csv and that is:

Code
public class HeavyArmor

Lets say that I'm adding a range of armor hullmods, and am working with one file right now.

What references "HeavyArmor"? Is it "names" or "id"? I know "script" pretty much already points to the file the csv file needs to look at, so what are the other two? Is "id" for heavy armor in public class heavy armor in the hullmod file, and name is what shows up in game? Isn't the "id" redundant since the csv file already points to the hullmod file in question?

• id is the internal ID of the hullmod. It's what you use in the variant file and any code that tests for its presence. If you change this, you'll also need to update every variant that uses this hullmod.
  • name is the display name. This is what the player sees in-game. You can change this freely.
  • script just points at the script this hullmod uses so the game can calculate its effects and fill in any numbers in the description. It's not used for anything else.

None of the three need to be the same (look at Insulated Engine Assembly).

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 24, 2013, 06:42:21 AM »

Did I miss something or there isn´t way how to repair armor during battle?

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 24, 2013, 07:29:23 AM »

There is no method to repair Armor during battle at this time.

However, you can repair Hull and make it act almost identically to regenerating Armor in terms of effects on damage.  That gets a little complicated, though.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 24, 2013, 10:13:11 AM »

Yeah, thx. I wished for armor regeneration, due to psychological effect: Damaged armor can be seen on the ship, it´s like.. "yeaaah, I´ve finally get through shields, I will finish it sooner or later"... but when ship could, even by graphic effect, repair itself to state when it is "like a new" it should couse: "Oh my god, what is this think".

Anyway thank you for answer :)

Let´s continue in my spam of questions: I know this isn´t probably possible, but maybe someone will have workaround
I would like to make mission where player will pilot only one ship. There should be two fleets, one allied (or neutral) to player, second hostile to all. I know I can make that the player has flagship that he can´t leave (transfer command), but I don´t want him to be able to command other ships... hmm thinking about it, maybe some way how to limit command points to 1?

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 24, 2013, 11:23:04 AM »

Command points are set via the mission's code.  So just remove all the CP. 

It won't make the "friendly" fleet behave very intelligently, though- they'll be on default Search 'n Destroy orders; to achieve that goal you'll have to set their AIs during the initial phase via a plugin and occasionally give them new orders.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 24, 2013, 12:04:19 PM »

That will be fine, it suppose to be slaughter anyway :D

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 24, 2013, 12:19:20 PM »

Bear in mind that all their losses will count against the player when the score's tabulated, though  ;)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 25, 2013, 02:00:01 PM »

Yeah, that doesn´t matter, it suppose to be really impossible mission, just a part of story telling. So no score above 0% expected.

Question about pierce sets: I tried few combinations, created ship piercing beam and such, but I didn´t manage to create beam weapon that actually collide and destroy projectiles (tho they have hitpoints), ideas?

Btw is there some mod using plugins to setup missions? (So I could get some inspiration and see what is possible)
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 710