Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 710

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1720499 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #9150 on: September 18, 2022, 06:23:09 PM »

... ah, that makes sense. In that case, I think the answer is "no".

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: September 19, 2022, 03:32:08 AM »

Is there a quick and dirty (easy) way to stop pre combat views from displaying fighters? information isnt really that useful imo, and causes a lot of unnecessary clutter.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: September 19, 2022, 05:15:33 AM »

... ah, that makes sense. In that case, I think the answer is "no".

Damn, okay, thanks anyways.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: September 19, 2022, 06:59:40 AM »

After your rule fires and is finished, you could set a variable to make sure your rule can't fire again (i.e. have a "!$didThing" its conditions) and then run:

Also, I never thought of this and to be honest this makes rules so much easier. I was jsut relying on the fact that rules can't call themselves.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: September 19, 2022, 11:37:47 AM »

Is there a quick and dirty (easy) way to stop pre combat views from displaying fighters? information isnt really that useful imo, and causes a lot of unnecessary clutter.

I don't believe so.

Also, I never thought of this and to be honest this makes rules so much easier. I was jsut relying on the fact that rules can't call themselves.

(Ah, cool, glad that clicks! Half the trick with rules is doing stuff like that to intercept and re-route the flow as needed.)

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: September 19, 2022, 02:44:55 PM »

more questions for you all, if you are wiling to answer.
1: how do I make an dialog option require and use an story point? i dont know were to look for this.
2: how do I make and give an administrator to the player?
3: I made an officer and added them to the players fleet, but they always end up at LV 1 and with no skills. im using Global.getFactory().createOfficerData() to make my Officer, with Global.getFactory().createPerson() to make my person (creating an officer requires an person), and would like it if they started with an skill. dose anyone know how to do so, so they can have an skill at LV 1?

thank you for all the help you all have chosen to give me. I'm very thankful.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #9156 on: September 20, 2022, 09:16:58 AM »

more questions for you all, if you are wiling to answer.
1: how do I make an dialog option require and use an story point? i dont know were to look for this.
I'll just steal (and modify) Timid's example from the Discord:
Code
SetStoryOption <string: option ID> <int:storypoint> <string: bonus XP, see setting.json line 739> <string: sound id, i use ui_char_spent_story_point> "<String: Historian record entry>"

Example: SetStoryOption kweenSurvival 1 mentorOfficer ui_char_spent_story_point "Kween got saved through my genius actions"

2: how do I make and give an administrator to the player?
Create the admin if needed (OfficerManagerEvent.createAdmin is good), then Global.getSector().getCharacterData().addAdmin(person);

3: I made an officer and added them to the players fleet, but they always end up at LV 1 and with no skills. im using Global.getFactory().createOfficerData() to make my Officer, with Global.getFactory().createPerson() to make my person (creating an officer requires an person), and would like it if they started with an skill. dose anyone know how to do so, so they can have an skill at LV 1?
I'd recommend using the OfficerManagerEvent.createOfficer methods rather than trying to do it manually. Although you can also take the no-skills officer and call person.getStats().setSkillLevel on them to set their skills manually.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: September 21, 2022, 06:54:51 AM »

Is there a way to unmodify the flux dissipation penalty or manueverability penalty when a ship is overloading?

It doesn't seem to be a MutableStat so I wonder if this mechanic just hardcoded?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: September 21, 2022, 07:43:48 AM »

<checking> The dissipation rate is indeed hardcoded! There's no maneuverability penalty.

You could however add an AdvanceableListener to the ship and modify whatever you want there, based on the ship's current state.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: September 21, 2022, 08:22:34 AM »

There's no maneuverability penalty.
I'm shocked, I just find it hard to turn or maneuver when a ship is overloaded. Is there any other debuffs that happens when a ship is overloading?

What about venting too?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: September 21, 2022, 08:57:41 AM »

I'm shocked, I just find it hard to turn or maneuver when a ship is overloaded. Is there any other debuffs that happens when a ship is overloading?

Nope! Well, aside from the obvious of "can't fire or use shields" etc :)

What about venting too?

Same on all counts - no debuffs, rate multiplier is hardcoded, can use an AdvanceableListener to do whatever you want.

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: September 21, 2022, 09:26:51 AM »

How can I 'grab' the just-fired DamagingProjectileAPI of a WeaponAPI as in OnFireEffect?

Edit: Nevermind, not a good idea anyway.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 09:34:39 AM by Liral »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: September 22, 2022, 09:53:15 AM »

is there a tag or a memKey that makes a CampaignFleet display built-in (or otherwise) weapon visuals?
I got a big gun that is clearly visible on a station and it gotta show up in the campaign layer station fleet visual but doesn't, making the thing look weird.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 10:18:36 AM by SirHartley »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: September 22, 2022, 10:09:13 AM »

I don't think there is, sorry! You might get around this, perhaps, by calling station.setFleetForVisual(null) and adding your own non-interactive entity that matches the location of the station and has the sprite you want to show (i.e. station with gun). I *think* that ought to work but it could get a bit messy keeping these in sync.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: September 22, 2022, 11:15:24 AM »

I fixed it with absolutely genius legit moves

added module slot to the station and added the gun as module without bounds, that causes it to display it in the campaign
and then I added a hullmod to the module that sets the ship alpha to 0 on creation
since hullmods only apply themselves in dialogue previews and not on the campaign layer, the gun module is visible where I need it and removes itself for the preview where the weapon sprite is visible, and then I just replace it with a 1px blank sprite and have it kill itself in advanceInCombat so it doesn't mess with combat.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 11:17:49 AM by SirHartley »
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 710