Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 706

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1699949 times)

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #765 on: September 15, 2013, 02:46:39 PM »

I am also getting this error. I can remove/add a few things and it won't get this error, but instead I get a NullPointerException at the exact same point.

However, if I leave the single line from StarSector-core's SectorGen.java that creates the system "Corvus" it works (I just end up with an empty system called Corvus I don't want...). If I then try and put the starting position in another system, I can move around it that system but my fleet doesn't show and the framerate plummeted! (it was at this point I decided I was well into the wilderness and should stop hacking around...)

Still, hopefully it is something simple :)

Strange. I still have the function call that generates the Corvus system in the Sectorgen file, and my Corvus.java is effectively blank. Still crashes though. It doesn't matter what I do to either of these files, I always get the same error.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 15, 2013, 02:57:33 PM »

Spoiler
I'm getting an error when I go to start a new game in my mod:

Code
32318 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.OooO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00o.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.new.????00(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.super.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I'm using a very generic SectorGen script, something that, when put alone in a test mod, loads into the campaign just fine. However, in Obsidian Void, it crashes after hitting "start game" in the character screen.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? I'm at a total loss, as I've removed all of my custom campaign code, meaning none of my mod's files are even be aware of com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace's existence.

...And interestingly, upon checking, com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace doesn't seem to exist in the API. Weird.

I am also getting this error. I can remove/add a few things and it won't get this error, but instead I get a NullPointerException at the exact same point.

However, if I leave the single line from StarSector-core's SectorGen.java that creates the system "Corvus" it works (I just end up with an empty system called Corvus I don't want...). If I then try and put the starting position in another system, I can move around it that system but my fleet doesn't show and the framerate plummeted! (it was at this point I decided I was well into the wilderness and should stop hacking around...)

Still, hopefully it is something simple :)
[close]

This should be fixed for 0.6.1a. The crash is triggered by setting the starting location for the player to be in hyperspace.

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 15, 2013, 03:02:04 PM »

Since 0.6a, we cant have unmanned fighters? Because they are not comabt ready, or am I missing something?

Edit - Solved
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 03:07:45 PM by MrDavidoff »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 15, 2013, 03:06:22 PM »

Why do ships with 0 crew (As in, unmanned--there shouldn't be any crew) always have 0% combat readiness? Is there a way to override the automatically-assigned 0% CR, or is this a bug?

Bug, will fix that up for 0.6.1a.

I updated my mod to the new ModPlugin system as per LazyWizard's post and it kept calling the OnEnabled part every time a saved game was loaded -- as if it wasn't reading the "if (!wasEnabledBefore)" or rather I suppose as if wasEnabledBefore never got set. I was under the impression the game's built-in mod handling set it automatically, is there a way I can do it manually in the onNewGame? I'm sure it's really simple but I can't really into java :v

Code
     @Override
     public void onEnabled(boolean wasEnabledBefore)
     {
         if (!wasEnabledBefore)
         {
            // Calling a separate method avoids duplicate code with onNewGame()
            initVayra();
         }
     }

I fixed the problem for now by just commenting that block of code out, but that's obviously nonoptimal as it means I can't add my mod to existing games.

Bug - just fixed it for 0.6.1a.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 15, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »

Awesome, the good news is I figured out how to make the Jar, also the game runs without crashing.

The bad news is, I can't tell if it's even using my Planet Interaction. At the moment, I'd expect it to just run the mod's interaction, because I haven't done anything to tell it not to. But no matter what I do to the mod's planet interaction thing, it doesn't change anything.

Can't tell which part I'm doing wrong, quite possibly all of it. The whole class for the Campaign Plugin looks like this:

Code
public class vfleet_CoreCampaignPlugin extends BaseCampaignPlugin {

public String getId() {
return null;
}

public boolean isTransient() {
return false;
}

public PluginPick pickInteractionDialogPlugin(SectorEntityToken interactionTarget) {

if (interactionTarget instanceof PlanetAPI) {
return new PluginPick(new vfleet_PlanetBuildStationDialogPlugin(), PickPriority.MOD_SPECIFIC);
}

/*if (interactionTarget instanceof OrbitalStationAPI) {
return new PluginPick(new OrbitalStationInteractionDialogPluginImpl(), PickPriority.MOD_SPECIFIC);
}*/

/*if (interactionTarget instanceof CampaignFleetAPI) {
return new PluginPick(new FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl(), PickPriority.MOD_SPECIFIC);
}*/

return null;
}
}

(No, I have no idea what I'm doing.)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 15, 2013, 05:44:54 PM »

Did you register the plugin using Global.getSector().registerPlugin? Since your plugin isn't transient, you should do it in ModPlugin.onNewGame(). (Ideally, you'd do it in ModPlugin.onEnabled(), but that's currently broken and gets called on every game load. Fixed for next release.)

Congrats on putting a jar together!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 15, 2013, 05:47:21 PM »

@Psiyon/Zaphide: Could one of you guys send me a copy of your mod that's having this issue?
318 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI
I'd like to make sure that this is indeed fixed and stuff.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 15, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »

I must be the only one here who doesn't actually get how to implement systems lol...
Or is the trouble because I'm trying to keep a station in corvus but can't use the gen file to create the 2nd system? blah idk.

It doesn't even give an error, it just doesn't ... show up.. >.>
I've taken the Askonia.java as a base and renamed everything relevant, but what else do I need to do to actually bring it the hyperspace map?
I see lines like in the sectorgen file, but if I add in my own, it'll just crash,
Code
import data.scripts.world.corvus.Corvus;
import data.scripts.world.systems.Askonia;
new Askonia().generate(sector);
new Corvus().generate(sector);

System tutorial please!  ::)
Spoiler
Welp I've tried basically doing a copy of Askonia and renaming it, but it doesn't appear on the hyperspace map as expected, so now I'm digging through how to actually add my system in, what other file do I need to modify in order to add in a system.

I've seen how Mshadowy does it, but replicating that method seems ill advised since i don't actually know how it'll turn out lol.

Do I need to put in;

Code
import data.scripts.world.systems.CoronaAustralis;

in a gen file ? or something cause idk I'm just lost lol.

Temporary file for my system:

Code
package data.scripts.world.systems;

import java.awt.Color;
import java.util.List;

import com.fs.starfarer.api.Global;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.CargoAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.JumpPointAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.LocationAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.OrbitAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.PlanetAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.SectorAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.SectorEntityToken;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.CargoAPI.CrewXPLevel;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.fleet.FleetMemberType;

public class CoronaAustralis {

public void generate(SectorAPI sector) {
      StarSystemAPI system = sector.createStarSystem("Corona Australis");
      LocationAPI hyper = Global.getSector().getHyperspace();

system.setBackgroundTextureFilename("graphics/backgrounds/CoronaAustralis.jpg");

// create the star and generate the hyperspace anchor for this system
      PlanetAPI CoronaAustralis = system.initStar("neut_star_neutron", // id in planets.json
                               200f,       // radius (in pixels at default zoom)
                               2500, 3000);   // location in hyperspace

system.setLightColor(new Color(255, 255, 255)); // light color in entire system, affects all entities

/*
       * addPlanet() parameters:
       * 1. What the planet orbits (orbit is always circular)
       * 2. Name
       * 3. Planet type id in planets.json
       * 4. Starting angle in orbit, i.e. 0 = to the right of the star
       * 5. Planet radius, pixels at default zoom
       * 6. Orbit radius, pixels at default zoom
       * 7. Days it takes to complete an orbit. 1 day = 10 seconds.
       */
      PlanetAPI p1 = system.addPlanet(CoronaAustralis, "Deadworld IS7", "neut_rocky_unstable", 0, 150, 2500, 100);
      //PlanetAPI a2 = system.addPlanet(star, "Salus", "gas_giant", 230, 350, 7000, 250);

//PlanetAPI a21 = system.addPlanet(a2, "Cruor", "rocky_unstable", 45, 80, 800, 25);
      //PlanetAPI a22 = system.addPlanet(a2, "Volturn", "water", 110, 120, 1400, 45);

//PlanetAPI a3 = system.addPlanet(star, "Umbra", "rocky_ice", 280, 150, 12000, 650);

p1.setCustomDescriptionId("neut_planet_IS7");
      //a2.setCustomDescriptionId("planet_salus");
      //a21.setCustomDescriptionId("planet_cruor");
      //a22.setCustomDescriptionId("planet_volturn");
      //a3.setCustomDescriptionId("planet_umbra");

p1.getSpec().setPlanetColor(new Color(255,215,190,255));
      p1.getSpec().setAtmosphereColor(new Color(160,110,45,140));
      p1.getSpec().setCloudColor(new Color(255,164,96,200));
      p1.getSpec().setTilt(10);
      p1.applySpecChanges();

/*
       * addAsteroidBelt() parameters:
       * 1. What the belt orbits
       * 2. Number of asteroids
       * 3. Orbit radius
       * 4. Belt width
       * 6/7. Range of days to complete one orbit. Value picked randomly for each asteroid.
       */
      system.addAsteroidBelt(p1, 50, 1100, 128, 40, 80);

/*
       * addRingBand() parameters:
       * 1. What it orbits
       * 2. Category under "graphics" in settings.json
       * 3. Key in category
       * 4. Width of band within the texture
       * 5. Index of band
       * 6. Color to apply to band
       * 7. Width of band (in the game)
       * 8. Orbit radius (of the middle of the band)
       * 9. Orbital period, in days
       */
      system.addRingBand(CoronaAustralis, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 2, Color.white, 256f, 1400, 40f);
      system.addRingBand(CoronaAustralis, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 2, Color.white, 256f, 1450, 60f);
      system.addRingBand(CoronaAustralis, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 2, Color.white, 256f, 1500, 80f);

system.addRingBand(CoronaAustralis, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 3, Color.white, 256f, 1750, 70f);
      system.addRingBand(CoronaAustralis, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 3, Color.white, 256f, 1800, 90f);
      system.addRingBand(CoronaAustralis, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 3, Color.white, 256f, 1850, 110f);

system.addRingBand(CoronaAustralis, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 0, Color.white, 256f, 2100, 50f);
      system.addRingBand(CoronaAustralis, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 0, Color.white, 256f, 2150, 70f);
      system.addRingBand(CoronaAustralis, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 0, Color.white, 256f, 2200, 80f);
      system.addRingBand(CoronaAustralis, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 1, Color.white, 256f, 2250, 90f);      

system.addRingBand(p1, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 2, Color.white, 256f, 1400, 40f);
      system.addRingBand(p1, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 2, Color.white, 256f, 1450, 60f);
      system.addRingBand(p1, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 2, Color.white, 256f, 1500, 80f);

system.addRingBand(p1, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 3, Color.white, 256f, 1750, 70f);
      system.addRingBand(p1, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 3, Color.white, 256f, 1800, 90f);
      system.addRingBand(p1, "misc", "rings1", 256f, 3, Color.white, 256f, 1850, 110f);

JumpPointAPI jumpPoint = Global.getFactory().createJumpPoint("Jump Point Alpha");
      OrbitAPI orbit = Global.getFactory().createCircularOrbit(p1, 0, 400, 40);
      jumpPoint.setOrbit(orbit);
      jumpPoint.setRelatedPlanet(p1);
      jumpPoint.setStandardWormholeToHyperspaceVisual();
      system.addEntity(jumpPoint);

/*
       * addPlanet() parameters:
       * 1. What the planet orbits (orbit is always circular)
       * 2. Name
       * 3. Planet type id in planets.json
       * 4. Starting angle in orbit, i.e. 0 = to the right of the star
       * 5. Planet radius, pixels at default zoom
       * 6. Orbit radius, pixels at default zoom
       * 7. Days it takes to complete an orbit. 1 day = 10 seconds.
       */

SectorEntityToken NCstation1 = system.addOrbitalStation(CoronaAustralis, 200, 700, 90, "Small Extraction Drill", "neutrinocorp");      
      SectorEntityToken NCstation2 = system.addOrbitalStation(CoronaAustralis, 200, 1600, 90, "Large Processing Dock", "neutrinocorp");            
      SectorEntityToken NCstation3 = system.addOrbitalStation(p1, 45, 300, 50, "Small Research Station", "neutrinocorp");

initStationCargo(NCstation1);
      initStationCargo(NCstation2);
      initStationCargo(NCstation3);

// example of using custom visuals below
//      a1.setCustomInteractionDialogImageVisual(new InteractionDialogImageVisual("illustrations", "hull_breach", 800, 800));
//      jumpPoint.setCustomInteractionDialogImageVisual(new InteractionDialogImageVisual("illustrations", "space_wreckage", 1200, 1200));
//      station.setCustomInteractionDialogImageVisual(new InteractionDialogImageVisual("illustrations", "cargo_loading", 1200, 1200));

// generates hyperspace destinations for in-system jump points
      system.autogenerateHyperspaceJumpPoints(true, true);

system.addSpawnPoint(new neutrinoConvoySpawnPoint(sector, system, 7, 1, token, NCstation2));
      neutrinoSpawnPoint NCSpawn1 = new neutrinoSpawnPoint(sector, system, 2, 2, NCstation1);         
      neutrinoSpawnPoint NCSpawn2 = new neutrinoSpawnPoint(sector, system, 2, 3, NCstation2);   
      neutrinoSpawnPoint NCSpawn3 = new neutrinoSpawnPoint(sector, system, 2, 1, NCstation3);         

system.addSpawnPoint(NCSpawn1);
      for (int i = 0; i < 2; i++) NCSpawn1.spawnFleet();         
      system.addSpawnPoint(NCSpawn2);
      for (int i = 0; i < 2; i++) NCSpawn2.spawnFleet();      
      system.addSpawnPoint(NCSpawn3);
      for (int i = 0; i < 2; i++) NCSpawn3.spawnFleet();   

system.addScript(new IndependentTraderSpawnPoint(sector, hyper, 1, 10, hyper.createToken(-6000, 2000), NCstation2));
   }

private void initStationCargo(SectorEntityToken NCstation2) {
      CargoAPI cargo = NCstation2.getCargo();
      addRandomWeapons(cargo, 3);

cargo.addCrew(CrewXPLevel.VETERAN, 20);
      cargo.addCrew(CrewXPLevel.REGULAR, 500);
      cargo.addMarines(80);
      cargo.addSupplies(2000);
      cargo.addFuel(500);

cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.SHIP, "conquest_Hull"));
      cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.SHIP, "crig_Hull"));
      cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.FIGHTER_WING, "gladius_wing"));
   }

private void initStationCargo(SectorEntityToken NCstation3) {
      CargoAPI cargo = NCstation3.getCargo();
      addRandomWeapons(cargo, 5);

cargo.addCrew(CrewXPLevel.VETERAN, 69);
      cargo.addCrew(CrewXPLevel.ELITE, 25);      
      cargo.addMarines(200);
      cargo.addSupplies(600);
      cargo.addFuel(200);

cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.SHIP, "conquest_Hull"));
      cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.SHIP, "crig_Hull"));
      cargo.getMothballedShips().addFleetMember(Global.getFactory().createFleetMember(FleetMemberType.FIGHTER_WING, "gladius_wing"));
   }

private void addRandomWeapons(CargoAPI cargo, int count) {
      List weaponIds = Global.getSector().getAllWeaponIds();
      for (int i = 0; i < count; i++) {
         String weaponId = (String) weaponIds.get((int) (weaponIds.size() * Math.random()));
         int quantity = (int)(Math.random() * 4f + 2f);
         cargo.addWeapons(weaponId, quantity);
      }
   }

}

[close]

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 15, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »

Thanks! Putting a Jar together seems like something simple, but all of my Java experience was from High School Computer Science and early College Level, so my knowledge is pretty limited, all things considered.

Anyhoo, Talking to planets while holding a "Station Building Contract" after selecting the "Build" option that only appears when you are holding said item works, and does everything I'd ever want it to.

I've started setting up the Interactions for the actual stations, and I'm noticing right off the bat that Eclipse doesn't like the org.lwjgl part of the Keyboard input, "cannot be resolved"

No clue how to fix that >_<

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 16, 2013, 12:33:36 AM »

@Psiyon/Zaphide: Could one of you guys send me a copy of your mod that's having this issue?
318 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI
I'd like to make sure that this is indeed fixed and stuff.

Hi Alex,

Sounds like you had already worked it out but I realised after posting that that if I do the following:
Code
sector.setCurrentLocation(system);
sector.setRespawnLocation(system);
sector.getRespawnCoordinates().set(-2500, -3500);

when building my first systems it doesn't have the error (in either the cast exception or the null reference form).

Anyways, to get a version that will throw the error grab this:
https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/get/FactionsRemoved.zip

That doesn't set the current location or spawn location.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #775 on: September 16, 2013, 12:40:25 AM »

I`ve got a very minor question - what is 'range' used for in 0.6a? We have fuel capacity and fuel per LY that seem to cover the whole fuel system. Range is just fuel/fuel per LY, so it looks like a helper of sorts rather than a major value (like '8/6/5/4%' for flux).

Am i right? Or does it actually have some impact on the game (like telling the AI how long it can fly before running out of fuel)?

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #776 on: September 16, 2013, 05:28:10 AM »

I must be the only one here who doesn't actually get how to implement systems lol...

Fear not! You're not alone.
I am kind of hoping that someone chews out a template for poor idiots like me. >_>
I'll get it right eventually, but all this trial and error'ing is hurting my brain. x)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 16, 2013, 11:58:11 AM »

I`ve got a very minor question - what is 'range' used for in 0.6a? We have fuel capacity and fuel per LY that seem to cover the whole fuel system. Range is just fuel/fuel per LY, so it looks like a helper of sorts rather than a major value (like '8/6/5/4%' for flux).

Am i right? Or does it actually have some impact on the game (like telling the AI how long it can fly before running out of fuel)?

You're right, it's just a helper value.

@Zaphide: Thanks! Good to have confirmed that this is indeed the issue.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 16, 2013, 01:39:00 PM »

Actually, note: you should ideally be using CharacterCreationData.setStartingLocationName() in your character creation process. SectorAPI.setCurrentLocation() works too, though.

(If you need to set the starting location to hyperspace, use CharacterCreationData.HYPERSPACE_NAME_TOKEN as the starting location name.)

I've started setting up the Interactions for the actual stations, and I'm noticing right off the bat that Eclipse doesn't like the org.lwjgl part of the Keyboard input, "cannot be resolved"

No clue how to fix that >_<

Probably just need to add the various lwjgl-related jars to your build path. jinput.jar in particular, I *think* Keyboard is there.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 16, 2013, 02:36:40 PM »

Actually, note: you should ideally be using CharacterCreationData.setStartingLocationName() in your character creation process. SectorAPI.setCurrentLocation() works too, though.

(If you need to set the starting location to hyperspace, use CharacterCreationData.HYPERSPACE_NAME_TOKEN as the starting location name.)
--- snip ---

I think in 0.54 it did the generation after the CharacterCreation stuff, I'm assuming that is still the case? (haven't really looked)

Given the above assumption is correct, and I'm generating a random sector/systems, I won't know the name of a valid system prior to generation? Could take a guess but... :)

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 706