Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 706

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1700308 times)

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #6090 on: February 17, 2020, 09:05:34 AM »

I have been running into a problem recently... I am trying to play the game with a mod called Yuri Expedition.

But whenever I get to starting the game, it says this
Spoiler
580445 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Market in yrxp_homeplate system refers to invalid entity yrxp_caparice_habitat_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Market in yrxp_homeplate system refers to invalid entity yrxp_caparice_habitat_1
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Market in yrxp_homeplate system refers to invalid entity yrxp_caparice_habitat_1
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
[close]
And I dislike having to run Nexerelin because it removes the money making start Tutorial Start, along with all other starts from the mods I have installed. I have verified that this isn't happening because of mod incompatibility, but anymore than that I feel quite useless in trying to decipher.

Please help? :-[

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: February 17, 2020, 09:47:18 AM »

Hi - hmm, this sounds like a bug in Yuri Expansion? It seems like a good idea to report it in that mod's thread.

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: February 17, 2020, 10:03:31 AM »

I did, but I didn't get resolved. I at the very least would like to know what went wrong... Because if I know, I can tell the Author. And if I tell the Author he/she will be able to fix it!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: February 17, 2020, 10:07:22 AM »

Ah, but the author is in the best position to figure out what the issue is. It sounds like a colony is configured to refer to the wrong (or a non-existent) planet, but I don't really know any more than that.

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: February 17, 2020, 10:40:13 AM »

In that case I do have a new question. By removing a econ folder, how would it affect my game?
Would a faction's ships disappear, or not? Because I did get the mod to work, but only when I removed the Econ folder from the mod... I am so freaking lost!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: February 17, 2020, 11:00:51 AM »

That'll probably make all of the mod faction's colonies disappear. So, that's one way to solve the problem, I suppose :)

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: February 17, 2020, 11:16:53 AM »

Well, I suppose so... Just gotta wait for the modder response now!

Thanks, Alex. Even by letting me know what doesn't work you already helped out a whole lot!

What I think is really weird though, is that when I use Nexerelin, it all works out fine... But it also removes the customs starts and the Tutorial start.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 11:18:28 AM by Pandora »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: February 19, 2020, 12:52:33 PM »

I am trying to add to the players ProductionBudget with an industry, regardless of planet ship hull output.

Since FactionProduction tallies exported ships per player planet, I added a new hidden size 1 market to the system and made a custom industry that applied the lower output between heavy industry and the custom industry on the target market to itself.

My issue is now that since the size 1 hidden colony must be player owned to be tallied, it shows up in the command menu and requires an administrator.

is there:
Either a way to add to the ProductionBudget directly, circumventing the whole market stuff -
or a way to hide the colony from player view, make it not require an admin, but still count as isPlayerOwned?

Thank you again for your continued help on this.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: February 19, 2020, 02:22:26 PM »

I'm not sure if this is in the current release or in-dev only, but, something like this:

Global.getSector().getPlayerStats().getDynamic().getMod(Stats.CUSTOM_PRODUCTION_MOD).modifyFlat(id, 10000);

Would increase the custom production credits by 10k per month. (If Stats.CUSTOM_PRODUCTION_MOD doesn't exist, then it'll be in the next release...)

Aside from that, I don't see a workaround - what you're doing makes sense, but has those repercussions that don't seem avoidable.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: February 20, 2020, 12:02:57 AM »

CUSTOM_PRODUCTION_MOD is not in the current release, sadly.

I think I'll just create a custom named AI core as admin and run a script to move it back to where it should be if the player assigns it to another market.
Doesn't solve the UI spam, but minimizes impact to actual gameplay.

Thank you, I look forward to the next release.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: February 21, 2020, 10:47:36 AM »

I've got a custom burst beam weapon I'd like to have be "convergeOnPoint":true. Problem is, it seems to go out to max range as soon as the beam enters chargedown, which I want to have be fairly lengthy.

Are there any options here besides giving up on converging, making some overly-involved script, or removing the chargedown portion of the beam?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: February 21, 2020, 11:56:19 AM »

Hmm, I'm not actually quite sure what you're asking.

(The answer is probably "there aren't any workarounds", regardless, since how that works is a bit of a hack and used to just be hardcoded for the then-Guardian, now-Paladin PD weapon...)

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: February 21, 2020, 12:06:47 PM »

(The answer is probably "there aren't any workarounds", regardless, since how that works is a bit of a hack and used to just be hardcoded for the then-Guardian, now-Paladin PD weapon...)

Probably not then, no. Thanks anyway.

edit: Just to illustrate, here's with converge off:

and on:

(The smattering is just an unrelated beameffect)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 12:20:01 PM by prav »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: February 21, 2020, 03:01:17 PM »

Ah, I see what you mean, thank you! That's ... probably a bug. Not sure when/if I'll get to it, though, if we're being completely honest.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: February 21, 2020, 06:22:59 PM »

You could fix this with scripting though Prav, messing with the offsets.

Edit: Though actually... Hm, that wouldn't work as I don't think is possible to reduce the range of a beam dynamically like would also need to be done.
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 706