Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Your favorite indie games?  (Read 3953 times)

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
Your favorite indie games?
« on: November 29, 2012, 05:28:25 PM »

I bought Cortex Command a month ago and I still love it so much, in fact the only games i've played recently are Cortex Command and Starfarer, I love indie games, trying to play  the multi-million dollar shooters just feels drab and repetitive. So yeah... I just had to say how much I love indie games. ;D
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Your favorite indie games?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:55:40 PM »

Cortex Command is awesome, although it has disagreements with my graphics card on whether or not it should freeze up when I go full screen. Bastion makes me want narrators in every game I play. Minecraft is still technically indie (probably the biggest indie game that ever will be), and Terraria is fun as well. Gimbal is awesome, and so is The Binding of Isaac.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 01:27:46 AM »

I've just completed Bastion on my IPhone(As its came to IOS) And,

My god!

It's incredible! the art style! the narration! the story! its fantastic!!!!!!

Cortex command is a brilliant game, but don't be fooled by the system specs it says it needs, you need a heck of a lot more for real smooth gameplay as the particle effects are mental!
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 04:26:44 AM »

It's something with NVIDIA mobile drivers that causes it to crash, not the intensity. I can play it absolutely fine at the default size but it's so tiny on my high-res-but-small screen :( Also I couldn't imagine playing Bastion on IOS, much of the brilliance was from the gameplay and I don't think touch screen controls can give an accurate representation of the original...

736b

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 04:31:03 AM »

I'm enjoying http://projectzomboid.com very much at the moment (though I'm more or less waiting for RC3 to complete).

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 06:20:46 AM »

Another tip on running Cortex Command, is that it barely uses your GPU, if any at all. RAM is mostly what matters when trying to tun it. p.s
holy crap Gimbal is awesome. :o
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 06:21:36 AM »

Another tip on running Cortex Command, is that it barely uses your GPU, if any at all. RAM is mostly what matters when trying to tun it.
Thought as much, cheers
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 06:26:52 AM »

I'm enjoying http://projectzomboid.com very much at the moment (though I'm more or less waiting for RC3 to complete).

I haven't played the game properly in ages, apart from to do a spot of map modding, but the upcoming version is looking great. I can't wait.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

736b

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 06:35:31 AM »

... but the upcoming version is looking great. I can't wait.

I know, right. Especially the new UI. The current one is so damn annoying.

Vulcan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 07:47:45 PM »

Cortex Command is awesome, although it has disagreements with my graphics card on whether or not it should freeze up when I go full screen. Bastion makes me want narrators in every game I play. Minecraft is still technically indie (probably the biggest indie game that ever will be), and Terraria is fun as well. Gimbal is awesome, and so is The Binding of Isaac.

Terraria could of been so much better! after that Christmas update with the disco balls they just dropped it without any warning. Binding of Isaac seems like too much of a flash game to me

ThePinkPanzer

• Commander
  • Professional accidentaly rude person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 01:37:29 PM »

Terraria could of been so much better! after that Christmas update with the disco balls they just dropped it without any warning. Binding of Isaac seems like too much of a flash game to me

They never promised to continue in the first place, you paid for less than what you got.