Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Frequently Made Suggestions  (Read 65100 times)

Oblivion

• Ensign
  • Breaking careful game balance since 1999.
    • View Profile
Re: Frequently Made Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 09:33:59 PM »

A 'reroll ship name' button when you own a ship and want to change the name but are too lazy to come up with a new one.  ::)

I'm not sure this is the right place to put it. Still though, I agree with this. Hopefully something that picks faction specific names for ships.
<Nada>

outdated

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2019, 01:20:55 PM »

Does that quote about steam greenlight still stand, given that it was posted nearly seven years ago?

Oblivion

• Ensign
  • Breaking careful game balance since 1999.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2019, 10:16:08 PM »

It still does
<Nada>

Semondice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2019, 06:29:13 AM »

I have a suggestion, borne from many, many hours spend ingame, checking the discord channel and the various forum: missions.
Alex created an extremelly elaborate sector, X universe style, with the added value of doing all the job with much less resources at hand, which is a win on my book; pretty much everyone else's, from what I could gleen from discussions, chit chatting ang coxing around in the community.

BUT!

More than combat, that is something genuinly fun, compelling, challenging and with few comparissons on the market, more than 4x details, which I love and are objectively tasty gameplay wise (and you can add with mods), I REALLY felt the lack of a "story mode", or "missions", some personality.
Maybe the goal of Alex and the team is to keep THIS feel in the gameplay (you are no hero, you're just one of an horde of spacefarers scraping the bottom of the greasy cesspitt that the sector has become, surviving as best they can and, after a LOT of time, with a LOT of luck, and after an UNHOLY AMMOUNT of retries, testing, restarts and challenges to the player reach the point in wich you trive, becoming a self sustaining military/economic power), but it feels, to me, a little bit cold (dead is far too much and far from truth).
The Red Planet quest? That was most compelling, giving some personality and some "story" objective, giving some personality to the adventure (beside the "diy adventure).
Beside the impersonal bounties, the explorations (with the plus of the unexpected and the risk, the pure unknown), the commerce (and all the emergency thrust tricks you gotta learn to lose system pickets) I would love some set of mission, expecially in a product that is far from a starting point: right now it could be pratically be sold as a full product, unless the team decides to rework some details, add some mechanics or put hand to some main features. It would be a far warmer game.
//"Work in Progress"//

33k7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2019, 06:19:46 PM »

Domain-era Cryosleeper a little too overpowered in about five years time you can get a population of a ("just another rock") world to level 10 I don't know if you're making it into a Mini Mission or it will eventually has all the people wake up after a few years but I feel like I cheated and got A Unlimited Supply of people in a system with 4 planets with probably about 40 billion + people living on them.

and question how many people actually are on these ships I'm just curious

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Standard Answers
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2019, 11:52:49 AM »

Gothar for Moderator +1

Will you upgrade thule faction to version 9.1a ???

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2020, 01:35:41 PM »

Update this topic, pls? There were a lot of good suggestions since 2012.

Also: split all suggestions thematically. Like: graphical, story, gamplay etc..
Spoiler
[close]

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2020, 01:27:50 AM »

Removed.
I'm just gonna make a thread later.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:18:10 AM by ZeCaptain »

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2021, 01:00:01 AM »

:-X
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 09:57:33 PM by Warlord-616x »

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2022, 06:40:18 AM »

Double tapping weapons group should activate/deactivate automatic fire for the said weapons group.

NoTalkofLowTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2022, 09:43:43 PM »

Make letting AI markets grow in size a JSON setting so it can be toggled on or off as the player prefers. I like things changing and growing, and I figure fully new worlds would be problematic outside a few specific cases, just letting those markets grow to the next size when they hit 100% would be neat. Unless there is a clear reason to not that I am just missing.

trstrs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2022, 01:49:18 AM »

same weapon could be in several weapon groups ( 2 hypervelocity:group 1, same 2 hypervelocity and some other weapon:group 7)

LPC  contribute in a ground battles (maybe in a case of ground defence silenced)

porcupine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2023, 08:40:49 PM »

- The weapons/inventory screens (IE: buy/sell/trade/inventory), the background color on goods should tie to their factions (esp. when playing a modded game).  This would greatly help players who get stuffed with tons and tons of weapons/make the boring "clutter management" mini-game of all the crap you find mid>end-game more tolerable.  Especially given "common" and "unknown" use the same text color (but who wants to wait for text pop-up on every item you want to shovel off your barge?!).

- There are already weapon filter UI's for owned/legal/illegal, and sort options for ballistic/missile/energy, but why not sort tabs for the weapons bonus damage type as well?  IE: Shield/Armor/Special/None

- Not sure if this is modded or vanilla at this point, but there are unique ships (in my Nex play-through), but why no unique weapons/boosted stats/etc?  Is this tying too close to RPG elements?  Strikes me a random stat perk/gen could be cool (but I understand if that's bleeding in an undesirable direction).

bibigun23

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2024, 01:26:59 AM »

Hello there.
  Would be posible at sometime to have an in game menu with the core settings json values like mods doing those days?

It would be huge to have there values safe to change (with some proper hints on what they do) before a playthrough rather than editing the file manually everytime plus the reset to default options can potentially save a mess an edited one has caused and never realised.
Pages: 1 2 [3]