Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Assorted bugs  (Read 1219 times)

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Assorted bugs
« on: November 24, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »

1) Sometimes when I switch between the simulator and the refit screen (often if I close out the simulator screen quickly and/or go back in really quickly), the campaign music will be playing in battle or the battle music will be playing in the campaign screen (instead of the correct music).

2) If you put a point into the Tactical aptitude and a point in that skill that gives you 5 FP, then hit reset and put the points into something else, you seem to keep the FP. Repeating the procedure (putting the points in and hitting reset) does NOT increase the cap further. Seems to not realize the points are removed, but calculates the FP correctly when points are allocated.

3) Removing the Resistant Flux Conduits also removes Front Shield Emitters. Seems like an incorrectly perceived dependency, but you can put the Front Shield Emitters back on regardless. EDIT: Just remembered that it isn't just Resistant Flux Conduits that removes Front Shield Emitters when removed. Can't remember off the top of my head which ones. I was messing around with integrated point defense AI at the time as well, though.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:02:29 AM by naufrago »

erynr73

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Assorted bugs
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 10:37:16 AM »

3) Removing the Resistant Flux Conduits also removes Front Shield Emitters. Seems like an incorrectly perceived dependency, but you can put the Front Shield Emitters back on regardless.
[/quote]

So that's what happened, lol I thought I accidently double clicked the "-" button.  So, ya same happened to me.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Assorted bugs
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 12:16:53 PM »

Thank you for the reports - fixed all three.

Re #3 - it was actually a bug with both Front Shield Emitter and Omni Shield Emitter. Removing *any* other hullmod would remove those as well. The effectively had a dependency on themselves NOT being installed :)

"Oh, this ship has an omni shield? Can't have an omni emitter, then!"