Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Lasher variant bug  (Read 1641 times)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Lasher variant bug
« on: November 23, 2012, 12:55:18 PM »

The Lasher standard variant uses augmented engines and extended missile racks, even if the player has no access to them. This really only affects players that spawn in with a Lasher, but strange nonetheless.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Lasher variant bug
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 12:59:22 PM »

Right, yes - thanks for the report, I'm aware of it. Not exactly a *bug* - the game is meant to be able to handle this type of situation, if, for example, you were to buy a variant like that - but a bit of an awkward thing that I'll most likely take care of at some point.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 01:37:09 PM »

Well, people are always ahead of you in technology, especially other factions.  According to your history, you might have served under a mercenary or in the Hegemony Navy, so you could have acquired such a lasher that way.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 04:27:58 PM »

If the ship is already built in with the mod then it changing hands doesn't suddenly make the mod inert.