Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Readme & Feedback  (Read 35627 times)

Alemismun

• Ensign
  • Im just some weeb
    • View Profile
Re: Readme & Feedback
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 02:34:52 PM »

Im new to the forums... Where do modding questions go?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2019, 02:36:42 PM »

Hi - welcome! The Modding forum, or this thread if it's a shorter question.

Curator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2021, 10:54:23 AM »

Hey!
There's no information (or I didn't find any) about replacing Vanilla classes.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 11:01:15 AM by Curator »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 01:42:33 AM »

Hey!
There's no information (or I didn't find any) about replacing Vanilla classes.
Some vanilla classes, like industries, abilities and contact missions, are specified in their CSVs, so you just change the classname specified there.

For other things (pirate base generation is one), the class instance is generated by the game's "lifecycle plugin". You have to either replace that plugin (not recommended for compatibility reasons), or else run code that removes the existing script and adds your own.

For detailed help, I'd suggest a new thread in Modding, or the Misc modding questions thread.

DarthKev

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2022, 06:23:43 PM »

I have a question. I was trying to make a fighter that acted in combat as a sensor drone with a wider-than-typical sight radius compared to other fighters. The idea is it would reveal more of the map while out attacking the enemy than other fighters would. I know sight range can be adjusted on frigates and above, but trying the same trick on a fighter returns an error with the script. Is this possible? If it is, do I need to do this in another way?

This is also my first post here. Been lurking for a bit, mostly checking the mod index for more toys to play with. Nice to meet you all. :)

EDIT: So I figured out the problem wasn't my script, but user error. I had entered the wrong name for the hullmod in my hull_mods.csv, both for ID and path. Oops.

On top of that though, I can confirm fighter sight range can be modified via hullmods! So that's neat.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 12:11:16 AM by DarthKev »
Pages: 1 [2]