Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: TotalBiscuit does Starfarer!  (Read 42865 times)

DerDree

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: TotalBiscuit does Starfarer!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 11:46:18 AM »

I also have seen TBs video and it was an instant buy.  :)

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 12:44:17 PM »

Yeah, he definitely would have benefited from reading the manual (I know I did!) but overall, it was a pretty positive video, and I found his reaction to the increasingly FUBAR direction the last mission took hilarious.  :D

Kligan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 01:01:11 PM »

And i must wait 'till 26th of january to buy this game - have no money on my card yet  :'(
Anyway, from what i've seen in TB's video, either he just did not understand the game controls (as usual) or it really would be better to make a classic RMB-control style.

Deathcrow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 01:19:41 PM »

or it really would be better to make a classic RMB-control style.

All TB-related newcomers to Starfarer should probably read this blogpost first.

TL;DR: Starfarer had more direct RTS-like fleet controls before. They were abandoned for reasons explained in the blogpost.

FilthyLee

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 01:20:54 PM »

I also have seen TBs video and it was an instant buy.  :)

This, cannot play enough space games! :D

Fient

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 01:36:06 PM »

Official I want my damn code already post. Damn TB, hyping me up to play this so much.

<3

Edit: Oh hey, within 2 mins of writing this post I got it, thanks <3
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:39:08 PM by Fient »
Everything I say is IMO. Capitalism, ho~

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 01:48:45 PM »

Wow, so many new faces already ...

It's still the fault of the UI for not steering him in the right direction. It *does* look like RTS-style controls ought to work, so that's a problem. Tooltips on the context menu (which are in now) would have helped a lot, imo. I'm just happy that it was overall very positive!

You're the dev, Alex, stop being so reasonable! You're supposed to be blinkered and stubborn, throwing absinthe around the room decrying the people who are finding fault in your masterpiece!  :D

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Gorvin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 01:56:32 PM »

Just found out about this game from TB's video.  Instant buy for me as well.

Eacool

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 01:59:59 PM »

Going to buy this game, looks awsome  ;D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 02:01:53 PM »

Yeah, it's great to see all the new faces around here - thank you all for your support!

You're the dev, Alex, stop being so reasonable! You're supposed to be blinkered and stubborn, throwing absinthe around the room decrying the people who are finding fault in your masterpiece!  :D

Roger that. Love how you worked the absinthe in there, makes me feel so artsy - in a brooding, tormented, and slightly psychotic way :)

... I found his reaction to the increasingly FUBAR direction the last mission took hilarious.  :D

That was totally awesome :)

Valhalla

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 03:31:30 PM »

Argh! Just came here from TB's video, i wish i knew about this game two days ago when it was my birthday! Would have gotten someone to buy it for me, Damned gametesters pay doesn't last long saddly, but i will be getting this game as soon as i can haha.

DeathPhoenyx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 03:38:12 PM »

I first heard about starfarer from a post in RPS, I was tempted to buy it but didn't because I wanted to keep some money for the winter sales in Steam

I forgot about it and then I saw TB's video, and by the end of it I was once again struggling wether to buy it or not, but in the end I just went "awwww *** it" and bought it anyways. Although I have to say that the payment method put me a little off, I would strongly suggest incorporating paypal in the future. If it is possible to you, of course.

Anyways, I really want to start playing now but first I would like to ask you for a little favor, Alex: could you please show us the pre-order numbers of before TB's video and say, a week or two afterwards? I have been following him on youtube for a while and I am a big fan of the WTF is... formula for promoting indie games, but I have allways been curious about just how much to their videos influence a game's sales, and since I have seen in this forum that you have had no problem in saying how much you guys have sold before I think you might help me out on this one

Anyways, less writting, more space-shooting!

Gorvin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 03:47:17 PM »

Although I have to say that the payment method put me a little off, I would strongly suggest incorporating paypal in the future.

I bought it with Paypal a few hours ago.  It was an option in the payment method dropdown.  Maybe you overlooked it?

DeathPhoenyx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 04:08:25 PM »

Although I have to say that the payment method put me a little off, I would strongly suggest incorporating paypal in the future.

I bought it with Paypal a few hours ago.  It was an option in the payment method dropdown.  Maybe you overlooked it?

Nope, I just hit the "Preorder Now" button and it just redirected me to the BMTMicro payment page, no drop-down menu or anything

With that being said, I do run chrome with a javascript blocker, and even though I have set it up to allow scripts in that page I know that sometimes it stills blocks some, so that might be it.

My apologies for the complain, in any case

Gorvin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »

Nope, I just hit the "Preorder Now" button and it just redirected me to the BMTMicro payment page, no drop-down menu or anything

The dropdown is on the BMTMicro page.  Down at the bottom in the Payment Information section.

Although, I just want to point out that it is slightly unintuitive that the option to use Paypal comes after the contact information fields, which then disappear once you choose to use Paypal.  The option should probably come before the contact information fields so you don't waste time filling out fields that aren't going to be used.  It would also make it more obvious that the option to use Paypal exists (I almost missed it too).  A relatively minor issue, but maybe worth changing if the Starfarer devs have any control over the layout of that page.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:38:14 PM by Gorvin »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6