Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: NEW Chapter in the Exerelin Chronicles!  (Read 116199 times)

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
NEW Chapter in the Exerelin Chronicles!
« on: October 29, 2012, 08:43:27 AM »

Exerelin Chronicles!

We are playing with the amazing Exerelin Dynamic Sector and Faction War mod! This series is aiming to play Starsector like a rougelike, death will be treated as permanent, and we wil begin anew and regenerate the sector, while also joining a different faction each time. This way each playthrough will act as a spotlight on a different faction mod, while still tying it together with the new mechanics Exerelin adds to the game!

We will be starting off with the Gedune, and Episode 1 has just finished uploading!

Starsector Season 3

Starsector Season 3 begins today! As you may have already been told/heard/recieved psychic transmission about/otherwise notified, Season 3 will be returning to Vanilla! (Do you have any idea how expensive renting psychic transmitters these days is? Not very.)

Our seemingly impossible objective this time, directs us not toward a formidable force within the game, but against the game itself! I will obtain at least one of every vanilla ship, even against the impossible boarding mechanics! (Hopefully I don't end up able to just buy everything, that would be lame.)

So, without further ado, it seems Episode 1 has just finished uploading!

Some spoiler-ception going on down there VVV
Spoiler

I have begun another series of Starsector videos, entitled Starsector Missions! As you can imagine, we'll be going through all the missions presented in the game, and as we all know some of them aren't quite balanced for current versions and so some will be much more challenging then they're meant to be! Don't worry people, Starsector Season 2 will continue to go up on Mondays and Fridays, with this new series going up Tuesdays and Thursdays!

Here she is people! Starsector Season 2! We've got lots of mods crammed into this one, because I wanted to show off just how awesome the modding community here is!

Our goal this time will be to defeat a certain ridiculous fleet made by a certain ridiculous ValkyriaL, as well as general conquest of the system.

Episode List:

Original OP:
Spoiler
First Youtube video was the beginning of this series. I'm not asking for views, because I know my stuff isn't exactly that good, but I do very much want as much constructive criticism as the community can give (which unfortunately means if you want to contribute you'll have to watch at least a little)

I decided to start with Starfarer because:
1. I love the game
2. It's different than what you see all over Youtube
3. I wanted my first videos to appeal to a smaller group of people than say Minecraft, so I can get more true constructive criticism, and less "you suck go die"

My channel is here, I've been uploading 2 8-9 minute long episodes every weekday, but I'll probably be changing that after I get through the backlog of pre-recorded episodes.

Also, watch Faiter, he's better :D
[close]
[close]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:05:46 AM by Axiege »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: Axiege Plays: Starfarer!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 08:48:52 AM »

No-one is doing an Uomoz' Corvus let's play. Now that's something I'd like to see.  :D

Your videos are good though. Haven't watched them all yet.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:29:41 AM by Erick Doe »

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 08:52:52 AM »

Finally some competition! Im glad to see the Starfarer Starsector Youtube scene growing. And il be sure to watch your videos (Have already watched the majority of them though)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 03:07:15 PM by Faiter119 »

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 08:54:54 AM »

No-one is doing an Uomoz Corvus let's play. Now that's something I'd like to see.  :D

Your videos are good though. Haven't watched them all yet.

So... many... ships... o.o, actually spent most of my time before actually trying to be involved in the community ogling custom ship sprites in the modding section, some of my absolute favorite are in that mod.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 09:31:53 AM »

There are a lot of brief youtube video's about Starfarer, showcasing the indie game. I am glad that there's a bunch of dedicated players who are willing to create entire let's plays on the game.  :)

Axiege, dig right into that mod and show the world how much fun the modding community of Starfarer really is!  ;)

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 09:45:15 AM »

Would it be possible to add that mod into my current let's play? Or should I begin another one for it anyway. I want to do it, but I'm kind of in the middle of another one right now.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 09:54:32 AM »

That is completely up to you.

It is not possible to integrate the mod into your current let's play. You'd have to start a new one.

Perhaps you can find a way to conclude your current series. Or perhaps you can put it on halt for a little while. You could also just run two let's plays, if you're up for it.

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 09:56:59 AM »

Well the goal of the current one is to defeat one of the Hegemony System Defense Fleets, I don't really know when that will be possible (so tips for that would be welcome), but I've recorded like 34 episodes total and I don't think I'm close.

Also, one of the defense fleets captured a Paragon... and I said I'd take on the strongest one when I get to that point...

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 10:25:06 AM »

I watched a few more eps, I enjoy it. Admittedly, I mostly enjoy your screw ups, its sometimes hilarious :D   And actually quite useful when I'm thinking about what has to be explained in the manual.

Content wise I can only say what I would find interesting, and that is stuff I don't normally see while playing, crazy stuff. How far can you get with only carriers and fighters/bombers? How well can a fleet do that is only using long range missiles and PD? Can you play completely without shields by utilizing speed or armor? Stuff like that, be creative.
That's only me though, would probably just confuse new players .

The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 10:35:53 AM »

I've of course used Tempests before, but I never saw the drones behave like that. Also, I don't know why audio keeps getting randomly cut at the beginning or end, and unfortunately there's no way for me to fix that afterward...

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 01:22:07 PM »

Well, I still have yet to see much of any videos of people trying to take on the neutrino corp in UC, but that's just me being sadistic :P

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 01:59:53 PM »

Well, I still have yet to see much of any videos of people trying to take on the neutrino corp in UC, but that's just me being sadistic :P

Is that the new biggest fleet? Until we have campaign objectives challenging the big protector fleets is really the only end goal I can think of. I could of course play through missions and attempt to beat them all, but I like the freedom of the campaign.

Also, after I run out of my pre-recorded stuffs, what general length of video would you guys want to see?

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 07:42:19 PM »

Well, in the current but un-updated version of Uomoz' Corvus They are prob one of the harder factions to fight fleet vs fleet,

Semi-common spawns of high powered capitals, generally the fleets are centered around a specific capital, think of it as end game fight material :P no replacement for the sheer brutish Hege defence fleet,
But if you want a fight that will prob leave you with a loss if you make a mistake, look no further :D

Though they are toned down a bit in the updated standalone version.

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 05:16:29 AM »

In the process of uploading episodes 23 and 24. Got a Buffalo in the previous episodes, and of course hadn't watched the relevant refit video from Faiter, so it's kind of embarrassingly bad...

Link to my channel in my signature

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 04:04:25 AM »

The thing is flash, your ships are really easy to beat, IF you actually fight them yourself  ;D its impossible to auto battle neutrino however. they will always win with minimal casualties and you lose everything. but that's a given, since you are supposed to play the game, not fly around auto battling everything. their systems makes me drool however. tried to make something similar but failed. ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26