Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Vanilla addon - variants mod V2.1 (0.54.1a)  (Read 79673 times)

Chancellor Meatsteak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thank you, that one works. Excellent job on the mod.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you, that one works. Excellent job on the mod.
Tnx. I'm glad you like it.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Chancellor Meatsteak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

A small suggestion, cut the "Beggar", "PMC" and other purposefully under-armed variants of high-tech ships. It is somewhat incongruous to see Hyperions armed only with with some scrap found laying about since if you can get your hands on one of the highest-tech ships in the sector you probably could get a few good Pulse Lasers to go with it. That's not to say that high-tech ships shouldn't have underpowered variants, but they should come in the form of idiotically designed rather than poorly equipped (e.g. a Medusa with Heavy Blasters, Ion Cannons, 3 Antimatter Blasters in the rear turrets, Integrated Point Defense AI, Augmented Engines, and no capacitors or vents), the idea being that these are commissioned by captains with more money than sense.

Another suggestion, though one that is probably far more work than the previous one, is to make it so that the Hegemony and the Tri-Tachyons don't field the worse variants, as they likely have both the wealth and tacticians under their employ to sensibly equip their ships. Pirates and Independents should still field under-equipped or badly designed ships as usual.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

A small suggestion, cut the "Beggar", "PMC" and other purposefully under-armed variants of high-tech ships. It is somewhat incongruous to see Hyperions armed only with with some scrap found laying about since if you can get your hands on one of the highest-tech ships in the sector you probably could get a few good Pulse Lasers to go with it. That's not to say that high-tech ships shouldn't have underpowered variants, but they should come in the form of idiotically designed rather than poorly equipped (e.g. a Medusa with Heavy Blasters, Ion Cannons, 3 Antimatter Blasters in the rear turrets, Integrated Point Defense AI, Augmented Engines, and no capacitors or vents), the idea being that these are commissioned by captains with more money than sense.
;D  Well, errrrr, you know, maybe it's shortage of other equipment so captain could only buy that and he maybe, dunno, suffered hit in the head so he can't think clearly. Could happen.
Nah you right. For now Tri should have only best variants. This mod, this version of mod, was/is something like pilot episode. I wanted to see how people would react, like/don't like. And if there is enough interest in it i could better it up.

Another suggestion, though one that is probably far more work than the previous one, is to make it so that the Hegemony and the Tri-Tachyons don't field the worse variants, as they likely have both the wealth and tacticians under their employ to sensibly equip their ships. Pirates and Independents should still field under-equipped or badly designed ships as usual.
That, i think, is possible. I was thinking about something like that but first i wanted to see if someone actually play this :)
But before i do any work i must finish The Witcher 2. I'm in chapter 3 and wanna know wtf is going on  ;D

For all those who want's to make variants that can be included in this mod and do not know or can't use Trylobot ship editor i can make mod with 1 mission and in that mission player would have every single ship that is it in game so he can refit it, in game, save that variant and send it to me so i can put it in this mod (and he/she will be credited ofc). Variants are small (less then 1kb) and if ziped or rared they can be attached to post (so no megaupload or rapidshare alike sites needed). Anyone want this?

Well that's that. Ill go finish TW2 now  ;D
Creator of:

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile

I am really enjoying this mod, thank you for making it :)

small suggestion, perhaps for future changes, make fleets that are composed of variants and ships that complement one another or interesting ship combinations

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

I might be doing something wrong but I keep getting an error thanks to this mod (works fine when i disable this mod)

When I try to start a new game I get an error saying:

Fatal: Fleet id [sDefense] not found for faction [hegemony]
Check starfarer.log for more info.

Spoiler
25795 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [sDefense] not found for faction [hegemony]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [sDefense] not found for faction [hegemony]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.OOoO.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleet(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.world.corvus.Corvus.spawnSDF$(Corvus.java:65)
   at data.scripts.world.corvus.Corvus.generate(Corvus.java:45)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.float.ÔO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.B.ÔO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.o0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00o.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.E.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.T.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.A.öOÓ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

is at the bottom of the log.

Any ideas?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I might be doing something wrong but I keep getting an error thanks to this mod (works fine when i disable this mod)
Any ideas?
Is this only mode activated or there is other mods activated at same time? Try to delete mod and then d/l it again and try it then, on vanilla Starfarer without any other mod activated.

Creator of:

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

Any ideas?
Is this only mode activated or there is other mods activated at same time? Try to delete mod and then d/l it again and try it then, on vanilla Starfarer without any other mod activated.

Works with vanilla
works with a ton of other mods from my testing.

Seems to be clashing with Starfarer plus http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2210.0
Your older version worked fine though.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:39:56 AM by Plasmatic »
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Works with vanilla
Seems to be clashing with Starfarer plus http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2210.0
Your older version worked fine though. - my older version, errr, what older version?

Any other mod that change vanilla fleets/add new fleets wont be compatible with this mod.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:53:48 AM by arcibalde »
Creator of:

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

Works with vanilla
Your older version worked fine though. - my older version, errr, what older version?

Any other mod that change vanilla fleets/add new fleets wont be compatible with this mod.

I've used your mod since a while back and redownloaded it this morning and now it crashes.. figured I got a newer version..

- Maurice Switzer

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile

Now what we need is to be able to use this mod and starfarer plus at the same time, so I can use both with uomoz corvus instead of a choice between the two.
Is it completely impossible?

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I've used your mod since a while back and redownloaded it this morning and now it crashes.. figured I got a newer version..
This mod is still 1.0 version. Maybe Starfarer + have new version?

Now what we need is to be able to use this mod and starfarer plus at the same time, so I can use both with uomoz corvus instead of a choice between the two.
Is it completely impossible?
I do not know. Maybe is possible on my end ill see to it.

*After some experimenting*

Nope, not possible. This mode change variants to hulls so it must be done within mod itself. My mod will replace vanilla fleets, other mods add their vanilla fleets to vanilla fleets. I manage to make them work but in the end result was funny, you can play but fleets would have ships without weapons  ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:04:35 PM by arcibalde »
Creator of:

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

perhaps we can talk to the author of starfarer + and get him/her to intergrate your mod? :)
- Maurice Switzer

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile

you can play but fleets would have ships without weapons  ;D

that gave me an idea for a suggestion. Could you make delivery fleets that have ships with no weapons that only get weapons once they arrive on station? (like they have just been built and now need to be outfitted. This may be a good idea for the  game itself)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

that gave me an idea for a suggestion. Could you make delivery fleets that have ships with no weapons that only get weapons once they arrive on station? (like they have just been built and now need to be outfitted. This may be a good idea for the  game itself)
I understand you but who would fly ships without weapons???? It's easier to transport weapons to shipyards and outfit ships when they are finished then to transport ships to station and then outfit them. You know, flying in bunch non armed ships is just asking for trouble  ;D
Creator of:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8