Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Vanilla addon - variants mod V2.1 (0.54.1a)  (Read 79818 times)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

He he he np man  :D
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if it was because of this, but when I ran this alongside UC, the tore up plenty mod's effects vanished. I could not create a foxhound from a hound, and I crashed games where had the tore up plenty ships then loaded it when this was on. any idea why this mod is okay with UC faction's ships but not the other ships?

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if it was because of this, but when I ran this alongside UC, the tore up plenty mod's effects vanished. I could not create a foxhound from a hound, and I crashed games where had the tore up plenty ships then loaded it when this was on. any idea why this mod is okay with UC faction's ships but not the other ships?
Huh, no. Didn't try it with that mode. Ill try to see what is wrong tomorrow.
Creator of:

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile

idk if it has any bearing on it, but I was playing in hardcore mode. should I post this in UC's thread too?

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Ok i downloaded Foxhound start it alongside UC, Lazilib 1.2 and game crashed. So i couldn't test it.

As general rule, if you start your game with some mods do not add new ones. Finish it or start new game with mods you want. Adding new mod(s) in game that started without it will (most probably) crash that game.
Creator of:

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Ok i downloaded Foxhound start it alongside UC, Lazilib 1.2 and game crashed. So i couldn't test it.

As general rule, if you start your game with some mods do not add new ones. Finish it or start new game with mods you want. Adding new mod(s) in game that started without it will (most probably) crash that game.

you don't actually need to download the tore up plenty mod, the first four ships are already implemented in UC

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

you don't actually need to download the tore up plenty mod, the first four ships are already implemented in UC
??? Oh I didn't know that... Well that is reason why it crashed  ;D

Ah yes, there are blueprints in Omnifactory, i totally forgot about it...

Edit: Ok, i just tested it with NEW game, take Hound and blueprint, put it in Storage Facility and after few seconds i got FoxHound :)  So it works, but i start NEW game  ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:18:47 AM by arcibalde »
Creator of:

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile

I'd like to integrate this mod but I noticed it fills the hull folder with vanilla ships with augmented OP. If you want to simulate elite captains with +OP ships shouldn't you simply go over the hull boundaries with the variant file instead? I don't see the point in having multiple "different" copies of the same hull in the game.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I'd like to integrate this mod but I noticed it fills the hull folder with vanilla ships with augmented OP. If you want to simulate elite captains with +OP ships shouldn't you simply go over the hull boundaries with the variant file instead? I don't see the point in having multiple "different" copies of the same hull in the game.
I didn't think of it. LOL.
edit: But wait a sec. There is only few (paragon, odyssey, medusa) hulls with more OP then vanilla ones. Rest of the hulls are same as vanilla (i think).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 05:19:18 AM by arcibalde »
Creator of:

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla addon - variants mod V2.1 (0.54.1a)
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2013, 09:37:11 AM »

In the Hull folder is full of files with ships exactly like vanilla (also the ship_data have multiple copies of each ship).

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2013, 10:45:14 AM »

In the Hull folder is full of files with ships exactly like vanilla (also the ship_data have multiple copies of each ship).
Yes because i need to make them diverse for Pirates, Hegemony, Tri and Independents. So for Pirates variant of, lets say, Enforcer you need to have Pirate hull and all variants for it, and then for Hegemony Enforcer you need to have Hegemony hull and all variants for it, so when he randomly choose variant for Pirate fraction he choose it only from Pirate variant pool (and not from Hegemony). But if you put all variants on same hull it will choose all of them randomly. That i didn't want, because Pirates, for example, have focus on speed (hullmods) and have a bit weaker weapons and at other hand Hegemony have focus on armor and stronger weapons. I didn't want for variants to mix up so Hegemony can have Pirate ships and vice verse.
Creator of:

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2013, 06:49:33 PM »

It doesn't make sense, what you change in the hull file?

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2013, 02:09:47 AM »

I didn't change anything. Look.

Pirates: A, B, C
Hegemony: X, Y, Z

A,B,C,X,Y,Z ->are variants

I want to pirates have only A B and C variants to randomly choose and Hegemony to have only X Y and Z variants to randomly choose. For this to be possible you need to have HULL1 for Pirates and HULL2 for Hegemony. If you have only HULL and all variants under it Pirates could have X Y or Z and Hegemony could have A B or C. That hulls have only different names nothing more. That way only Pirates can have variants that is meant for Pirates fleets and hegemony can have variants that is meant for Hegemony.

So, one hull and you mix ALL variants under it and that is what i do not want. Because there is difference between (for example) Enforcer variants for Pirates and Enforcer variants for Hegemony and I don't want those to variant sets to mix up -> don't want Pirate variant in Hegemony fleet and vice verse.
Creator of:

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2013, 08:05:04 AM »

Hmm... that makes a certain amount of sense... but couldn't you just use getFaction (from CampaignFleetAPI) to tell what the faction is, then select an appropriate variant from lists in code? Taking a look at the files you already use CampaignFleetAPI, so all you need to do is pass the faction as an extra argument in randomizeShip and deal with it there. Then you wouldn't have to have any hull files.

If you want to get fancy you can have nested hashmaps with the first level keyed by faction name, second by variant type. Membership testing for inclusion in the first would handle this mod playing nice with other mods. If you make it mutable then you could other mods add their own compatibility into this one as well (though loading order is still an annoying problem).

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2013, 08:52:20 AM »

Hmm... that makes a certain amount of sense... but couldn't you just use getFaction (from CampaignFleetAPI) to tell what the faction is, then select an appropriate variant from lists in code? Taking a look at the files you already use CampaignFleetAPI, so all you need to do is pass the faction as an extra argument in randomizeShip and deal with it there. Then you wouldn't have to have any hull files.

If you want to get fancy you can have nested hashmaps with the first level keyed by faction name, second by variant type. Membership testing for inclusion in the first would handle this mod playing nice with other mods. If you make it mutable then you could other mods add their own compatibility into this one as well (though loading order is still an annoying problem).

This is what i meant.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8