Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New weapon hint: PERFECT_AIM  (Read 1725 times)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
New weapon hint: PERFECT_AIM
« on: October 23, 2012, 06:25:50 PM »

Some weapons have inherently poor aim, and some others could use the good aiming ai of the Elite crews,

So why not add a weapon hint called: PERFECT_AIM

It'll essentially override the weapon aiming ai with that of the elite for constantly high accuracy prediction instead relying on crew (IE a high-end pd system that isn't a beam)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: New weapon hint: PERFECT_AIM
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 07:32:12 PM »

On the one hand, I can see how this would be useful for PD and heck, there's probably a niche case that can be made for a can't-miss direct fire weapon (weak for costs, balanced due to not missing).

On the other hand, it would make a lot of RPG stuff irrelevant. 

It would probably be better, imo, to make this something characters can get via a skill choice, and have this Hint in place to support it if the player has the skill required.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 08:18:30 PM »

Well I guess it could be part of a special skill for your character, but what I'm emphasizing is that it'll be weapon specific,

Even if it's aimed perfectly, it doesn't mean the weapon is actually accurate, but it'll at lead the target before firing even if you decided to cheap out and get green crew :P

ClosetGoth

• Commander
  • Permanently TTRPG-brained
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 06:20:05 PM »

+1 to this, it adds another (albeit small) option to weapons, and could also be used on "unmanned" ships, instead of having normal crew level weapons.
Starfaring since the very beginning of 2012