Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Starsector - The Manual  (Read 66313 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Starsector - The Manual
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 10:16:13 AM »

You're welcome  :)

For content, you might want to consider lifting stuff from the wiki. There's a couple of good articles on Combat Readiness and hyperspace, for instance.

mostmodest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 03:02:11 AM »

After posting about whether or not Gothars was still doing this in 0.6a, I found the link in his signature...
Anyway, I have nothing really to say here, just keep up the good work and I hope we get a 0.6a version soon. If I figure out how the dang logistics work, I might post it on here, but I have no idea what I'm doing when I try to manage my "fleet" of 1 Sunder...
Yes, you are reading to far into this.

Isaew

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2013, 02:07:34 AM »

I wonder how to use the Construction Rig, that appears in some mods and the main game.
How to use them?
Does they should be deployed in the battle to repair ships? Or its only for decreasing the combat readiness time when out of the battle?
Will be grateful for any info.

thanks alot.

Isaew

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 02:29:26 AM »

They only speed up repair outside of battle, so they are not very useful at the moment. Their function will be changed with the next update, though.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 01:29:30 PM »

Only the speed at which repairs are made? I.E., they increase the number of supplies that can be used to make repairs, not decrease the supplies required to make those repairs at all?

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2014, 09:26:17 PM »

Only the speed at which repairs are made? I.E., they increase the number of supplies that can be used to make repairs, not decrease the supplies required to make those repairs at all?

Correct. They currently give you 10 additional emergency repair points, and cost 5 logistics points. So you net 5 additional repair ability over what you'd have without one. If you have enough left over logistical points adding repair rigs wont help speed up repairs. (Unless you have the repair skill this won't normally happen though)

I believe the 10th level of the repairs skill decreases the cost to repair ships.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

superhotdogzz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2014, 01:23:30 PM »

:o
It's 100 page manual...............

???
I'm wonder how many pages this manual could have when the game is done...............if Gothars want to update it :P.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2014, 01:58:28 PM »

Well, I'm not sure if there's much point in continuing it, now that the game has both a tutorial and extensive campaign tool tips. Would anyone still want to read it? It is fun working on it, but too much work to do it only for my own amusement.

Mh, guess I will have to unsticky it soon :-\

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »

Would anyone still want to read it?

(timidly raises hand)

Still-pretty-bad-at-the-game customer here who only gets to play SS oncve ina long while, which makes it hard to retain what i've learned.I would like to read an updated version of your guide, should you choose to release one. :) The existing version has been useful to me, and i've really needed it on numerous occasions. Thx so much for yr hard work!
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

Tchey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Jeux1d100
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2018, 07:05:49 AM »

Hi !

How accurate is this manual, relative to 0.9a ?

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2018, 07:10:29 AM »

Very much obsolete, I'm afraid! Well, many basics still hold true, but for someone without experience those that don't would be very confusing indeed.

Isaew

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2019, 08:23:31 AM »

Well, not that obsolete
The most valued part of this awesome document is not the game mechanics explanation, but the plot and story behind the game.
History of each faction, their principles, and goals explained are awesomely immersive.
There still seem to be a space to grow and discover =)
Loke those sci-fi books from the WH40K universe, this manual is a very important part of the lore and storyline of the game.
I was always missing this info, this "juice" and essence, in the main game.

Thanks to some modders, who spent their time developing new features and descriptions for the planets, stars, and factions, I've been spending hours reading about the specific planets and their history.
The universe is so huge, and diverse. We should have that joy of rediscovering the history of mankind's future.
And please leave some chances for ALIEN SPECIES to be found in the Starsector.

Once again, thank you for your dedicated and talented work. Please message me if you need help w this manual, I'll do my best to support you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]