Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 52

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.54a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 364990 times)

Hypilein

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.54a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #660 on: November 26, 2012, 10:25:19 AM »

What happened to the Flux Conduits Hull Mod. It doesn't seem to give me any more Venting. Maybe it doesn't stack with passive bonuses? Or maybe it's a bug?

Also, I'm not really sure, but sometimes Hullmods seem to be disappearing from my loadouts. I am not sure it is really happening or if I just became really clumsy and manage to click on the minus symbol to often...

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 26, 2012, 10:30:52 AM »

It only works for Active Venting, not Passive Venting.

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 26, 2012, 10:33:45 AM »

What happened to the Flux Conduits Hull Mod. It doesn't seem to give me any more Venting. Maybe it doesn't stack with passive bonuses? Or maybe it's a bug?

Also, I'm not really sure, but sometimes Hullmods seem to be disappearing from my loadouts. I am not sure it is really happening or if I just became really clumsy and manage to click on the minus symbol to often...

If you use Front Shield Emitter or Omni Shield Emitter hullmods, they remove themselves anytime you remove another hullmod due to an issue with dependencies. If you use either of them, that would explain multiple hullmods being removed randomly.

EDIT: The problem with the Front Shield Emitter (and Omni Shield) hullmod is that you can't have a Front Shield Emitter on a ship with front shields. So anytime you remove a hullmod, the game checks the dependencies, sees that you're violating the rules by having a Front Shield Emitter on a ship with front shields, and removes it- even though the Front Shield Emitter is what gave it front shields. Alex knows about it, so don't worry.

If that's not the problem you're seeing, though, be sure to mention it. =)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:40:55 AM by naufrago »

Leyammon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 26, 2012, 11:16:50 AM »

I'm just waiting for an MMO that combines space and land battles perfectly and it's just not happening. The space travel of EVE with the space battles of something of a mix between FTL, Starfarer and X, planetary conflict and control like Planetary Annihilation and Sins of A Solar Empire, ground combat kind of like the Force Unleashed, Halo and Starforge, destruction physics for entire planets and any structure built on them like Red Faction: Guerilla, city and colony building like SimCity and the ability to land on planets directly and dynamically without loading anything... beautiful... All of those developers should team up and make perfection...

Hypilein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 26, 2012, 11:49:18 AM »

It only works for Active Venting, not Passive Venting.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess the Hullmod was a little bit to obviously good before that.

If you use Front Shield Emitter or Omni Shield Emitter hullmods, they remove themselves anytime you remove another hullmod due to an issue with dependencies. If you use either of them, that would explain multiple hullmods being removed randomly.

EDIT: The problem with the Front Shield Emitter (and Omni Shield) hullmod is that you can't have a Front Shield Emitter on a ship with front shields. So anytime you remove a hullmod, the game checks the dependencies, sees that you're violating the rules by having a Front Shield Emitter on a ship with front shields, and removes it- even though the Front Shield Emitter is what gave it front shields. Alex knows about it, so don't worry.

If that's not the problem you're seeing, though, be sure to mention it. =)

Yes that is exactly the problem. Thanks.

Aleskander

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 26, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »

I'm just waiting for an MMO that combines space and land battles perfectly and it's just not happening. The space travel of EVE with the space battles of something of a mix between FTL, Starfarer and X, planetary conflict and control like Planetary Annihilation and Sins of A Solar Empire, ground combat kind of like the Force Unleashed, Halo and Starforge, destruction physics for entire planets and any structure built on them like Red Faction: Guerilla, city and colony building like SimCity and the ability to land on planets directly and dynamically without loading anything... beautiful... All of those developers should team up and make perfection...

So, uh, Dust 514?
It pretty much describes what you want, within the boundaries of today's technology

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 26, 2012, 06:49:18 PM »

I really like the atmospheric battle soundtrack, but isn't it a bit quiet? I only notice it if I tune the overall volume really high or the effect volume really low.

You're not supposed to hear it over the FX - it's only there to provide an audio background for otherwise-quiet periods.

Any chance of that changing? I'd really like to see (hear) a lot more from the audio department in this game.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 26, 2012, 06:59:25 PM »

Any chance of that changing? I'd really like to see (hear) a lot more from the audio department in this game.

Not much, unless Stian feels it needs to. In this specific case, I don't think "more" is "better".

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 26, 2012, 07:25:04 PM »

I'd be fine with around 8-10 tracks.

2 travel themes.
1 track for smaller battles w/o capturables.
4 tracks for larger battles with the capturables. One for when battling pirates, Tri, Lud, and Hege fleets.
1 track for menus like refitting, buying goods, character screens - thats really catchy and can be listened to forever.
1 alienish track for when weird shnizz goes down. ;D

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 27, 2012, 01:31:35 AM »

Maybe I'm missing something, but where is Expanded Magazine hullmod now post-patch? I can't find it under any of the skills?

Patch notes don't seem to mention it, and a quick forum search didn't turn up any useful answers..

Am I just blind?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 27, 2012, 01:40:25 AM »

I don't believe you need a skill for Expanded Magazines. I could be wrong.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 27, 2012, 01:41:39 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's one of the few you get from the get go.

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 27, 2012, 02:22:38 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's one of the few you get from the get go.

that's odd. it's not in my hullmods list.. Seen ships with it though, so it works, its just not in my refit screen list.. Hmm.

Likely to be one of my many mods that is interfering.. many of them haven't been updated to 0.54 yet so could be some conflicts or something.

Any ideas what could cause it? just somewhere for me to start looking would be nice :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:24:16 AM by Plasmatic »
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 27, 2012, 03:08:57 AM »

I'm afraid that I don't really have much of an idea o what might be causing it.  Although I have noticed that some ships appear to have certain hull mods available to them with having the necessary skill...

Whether of not this is a bug, I do not know.

In my last save, most of my ships had extended mags, and I don't recall ever unlocking it.

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 27, 2012, 03:14:28 AM »

I always have the extended mags mod from the start, and i pick "something else" x2,

These are my confirmed hull mods you start with.

Accelerated Shields

Extended Magazines

Blast Doors

Unstable Injector

Dedicated Targeting Core

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 52