Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.54a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 364991 times)

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.54a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #345 on: October 26, 2012, 11:24:59 AM »

Hmm. As far as modifying character skills, I was thinking of maybe having items be able to do that, down the line. I don't like the idea of having hullmods do this, because then you have incentive to toggle between a "combat" loadout and a "non-combat" one (assuming some of these modified non-combat skills). Yeah, there's a refit time - added specifically as a deterrent for this type of thing - so it might work but... I don't know. Bears some thought - I just don't want to end up with a situation where you're parked in orbit around a planet for a few days while hullmods optimizing trade get welded onto your hull, before you go and sell stuff.

As far as fleetwide bonuses, probably not - not  because of anything I inherently don't like about the idea, but because combat has to actually become finished at some point :)
Ah, okay. I was simply curious if you could do stuff with MutableCharacterStatsAPI inside of hullmod .java files, not suggesting the functionality be given official support.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 26, 2012, 11:34:14 AM »

Ah, I see - I think you could. Hadn't occurred to me, but there's no reason I can think of you wouldn't be able to do it. Getting it to work well/right may be another matter.

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 26, 2012, 12:39:59 PM »

Well you could have a universal slow by having a weapon that fire in all directions and have a high impact value

DelicateTask

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 26, 2012, 02:07:39 PM »

Also, it occurred to me that I should attempt to stay on-topic, so here:
I'm going to miss the "performance metrics" which I assume are FPS and CPU measurements. Sure, I always use devmode nowadays, but even in normal mode I always liked being able to look at my frames per second to see how well my computer was handling everything.
That's still there, actually. That change is referring to the whole lot of performance data it dumps into the log file every time you exit the game.
Oh, good. I'm glad I was wrong. :D

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 28, 2012, 10:31:34 AM »

How's development going?
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 28, 2012, 11:18:44 AM »

How's development going?

Excellent News!

The release is right on schedule, perhaps even ahead, and the release WILL be on Soontm*

*Soontm is defined by the intergalactic standard of chronology**

**any complaints about this release date will be gladly taken in the Hegemony complaints division in airlock 5b-L-617 aft (please wait for room to seal for privacy, the yellow flashing lights will indicate this has occurred, and then take the assurances of VacuumSound (R)- "Because in space no one can violate your right to privacy" [please be sure to fill out a form afterwords if you have any complaints

Have a wonderful cycle :)

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 28, 2012, 11:27:50 AM »

And here I thought there was going to be some relevant posts when I saw that this thread had been updated. Bummer.

Movementcat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 29, 2012, 11:32:27 PM »

I dying from waiting please release that Awesome Patch :-) or atleast tell us the release time :-)

xanderh

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 30, 2012, 12:27:45 AM »

I dying from waiting please release that Awesome Patch :-) or atleast tell us the release time :-)
That's generally a bad idea.
The patch isn't ready to be released, so he shouldn't release it. We'd just get disappointed.
And he should not give a release time, ever. He doesn't know when it's done. If it gets finished before the release date, he'll either have to keep it, which he doesn't like, or have to release it before time. If he releases it before time, why would he even give a date for it to be released? And if it isn't ready when he said he would release it, he'd either have to release something unfinished and buggy, or disappoint us by delaying it.

So, unless it gets finished on the exact day he says it will, people will get disappointed. Which is why he hasn't given a release day for any patch so far, and hopefully never will.

And if you just want a ballpark figure, here's one. Before August. August 2013, that is.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 30, 2012, 12:57:50 AM »

The patch isn't ready to be released, so he shouldn't release it. We'd just get disappointed.
And he should not give a release time, ever. He doesn't know when it's done. If it gets finished before the release date, he'll either have to keep it, which he doesn't like, or have to release it before time. If he releases it before time, why would he even give a date for it to be released? And if it isn't ready when he said he would release it, he'd either have to release something unfinished and buggy, or disappoint us by delaying it.

So, unless it gets finished on the exact day he says it will, people will get disappointed. Which is why he hasn't given a release day for any patch so far, and hopefully never will.

And if you just want a ballpark figure, here's one. Before August. August 2013, that is.
[/quote

^^
This needs go be plastered on the screen every time you enter this forum.

xanderh

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 30, 2012, 05:16:20 AM »

[/quote

^^
This needs go be plastered on the screen every time you enter this forum.

It could need something like it, maybe a sticky thread explaining why there aren't any ETAs or dates in the patches.

Back on topic: The patch looks better and better each time it's updated. Keep up the great work :)

Tarkets

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 30, 2012, 03:27:34 PM »

He should release it election day, or the day after. The happy people will be even happier, the sad people will have that mitigated a little bit. The people who don't care, will then be moderately happy

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 30, 2012, 03:34:10 PM »

He should release it election day, or the day after. The happy people will be even happier, the sad people will have that mitigated a little bit. The people who don't care, will then be moderately happy

He should release it when it is ready.

Valhalla

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 30, 2012, 05:43:51 PM »

Haven't been around for a while, but just reading over this in-dev patch had made me go "dkshfsdflhsfsj oh god all the yes"  I can honestly say this is the patch i will be most happy about out of all.

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 30, 2012, 11:42:36 PM »

id prefer status updates to a solid release date....something along the lines:
just started
adjusted some values
fixed some bugs
making final adjustments
etc.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52