Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 52

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.54a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 365146 times)

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.54a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2012, 09:40:37 AM »

Radical guessing=
     Maybe it's 10 more factions  :P
Realistically maybe faction relations stuff?

( just bought the game, it's awesome!)
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2012, 09:48:05 AM »

Radical guessing=
     Maybe it's 10 more factions  :P
Realistically maybe faction relations stuff?

( just bought the game, it's awesome!)

Welcome to the forums!

o/

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2012, 09:59:03 AM »

Thanks  :)

i really like the idea of fighters being independant. It improves there survivability alot and is rather cool looking.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 13, 2012, 01:03:08 PM »

Patch notes updated.

Currently working on some specifics of the command points changes, and looking at improving ship behavior as it pertains to fulfilling their orders. Next notes update is likely to have the details of these changes.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 13, 2012, 01:07:04 PM »

YES! I love you Alex!  *Proceeds to read patch notes*
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 01:13:13 PM by Faiter119 »

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2012, 01:07:15 PM »

Nice! That sounds amazing!  :D  Keep up the good work!
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

JaytheJuggernaut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 13, 2012, 01:08:25 PM »

Looks amazing, as always. The assignment changes look awesome as well.

neonesis

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 13, 2012, 01:09:54 PM »

I really like the changes to the Command system - it was the one real thing I was annoyed by, especially when dealing with large number of fighters and bombers in my fleet. Keep it up Alex :>

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 13, 2012, 01:10:53 PM »

So the control scheme is going more towards some kind of the current version and a standard RTS scheme?

Looks all good. Dosnt seem like there is to much work left on major features, so im hoping for a release soon!TM

Acolnahuacatl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 13, 2012, 01:16:46 PM »

I'm so glad to see some RTS-style controls appear in the command UI again! I always missed that from 0.33. I agree that it did make you spend too much time controlling other ships, but I think that since then the UI has gone too far in the other direction, and assigning a specific ship to a specific task has been rather unwieldy.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 13, 2012, 01:20:01 PM »

So the control scheme is going more towards some kind of the current version and a standard RTS scheme?

The general idea is: "keep the current control scheme, but if someone tries to use RTS controls, have it do something sensible". As opposed to doing nothing at all, which is a mite aggravating.

And, of course, to improve the current scheme, based on all the experience with it so far (which emphatically includes your guys' feedback). Having RTS inputs work also makes some things (such as the current "Assign Task...") a lot smoother. The "Assign Task..." button is completely gone now, by the way - entirely replaced by select + right click.

I'm so glad to see some RTS-style controls appear in the command UI again! I always missed that from 0.33. I agree that it did make you spend too much time controlling other ships, but I think that since then the UI has gone too far in the other direction, and assigning a specific ship to a specific task has been rather unwieldy.

Yeah... I think the trouble lay in completely going away from RTS-like input, rather than just RTS-like mechanics, if that makes any sense. Will have to see how it pans out, of course - there's still lots of playtesting and tweaking to do, but my initial impressions are very positive. If I do say so myself :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 01:23:01 PM by Alex »

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 13, 2012, 01:29:42 PM »

Looks all good. Dosnt seem like there is to much work left on major features, so im hoping for a release soon!TM
Well he still has to tweak and play with the new control scheme, and we don't know if he's done with the campaign stuff. So I'd not get my hopes up for any time actually soon:)

At least a couple months more...  ;p
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 13, 2012, 01:32:34 PM »

Well he still has to tweak and play with the new control scheme, and we don't know if he's done with the campaign stuff. So I'd not get my hopes up for any time actually soon:)

At least a couple months more...  ;p

MONTHS!? Damnit!

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »

MONTHS!? Damnit!
I was mostly kidding...   Every time I tell people not to rush Alex he says it is more ironic than anything else b/c I give too short a time frame, haha. So I am attempting to just say this all the time now.

ANYwho, back on topic: What are the current aptitudes? I can't find them in the original post.
- Voltaire

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2012, 01:39:19 PM »

ANYwho, back on topic: What are the current aptitudes? I can't find them in the original post.

Combat, Leadership, Technology, Industry.

Industry currently doesn't have any skills - well, it sort of does, but they're under Technology for now, since there's too few to make it a worthwhile point investment.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 52