Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 52

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.54a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 365073 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.54a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »

Maybe I should stop. -_-

EDIT:
Ninj'd by Alex. ;D And two weeks, after I looked a few other patches, I guess is pretty common.  Guess I was ready for a 3-4 day patch note like the last one. :)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2012, 03:55:40 PM »

Call it a bonus for the next update, if it all works out like I hope :) Experimentation doesn't lend itself well to patch-notes-style updates, though.

You just like to tease people, don't you? :P

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2012, 03:57:19 PM »

It's more of an aversion to saying too much and then not following through for <whatever development reason>, but yes, yes I do.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2012, 03:59:22 PM »

Don't worry, we're not worried or going away :-)  Just wish I had time to polish up 0.2 of my mod and get it out there for us to play before the patch means I need to fix it  ;)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2012, 04:43:42 PM »

"Jack of all trades, master of none, certainly better than a master of one."

Just thought I'd throw that quote in with the Character skills introduction. :)
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2012, 07:07:48 PM »

Personaly the only thing im really looking forward to now is more then one solar system. Untill then, back burner ho?

Gaizokubanou

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2012, 09:52:37 PM »

Personaly the only thing im really looking forward to now is more then one solar system. Untill then, back burner ho?

Why would you want more solar systems as of now when they will all be carbon copy of another with no real features to distinguish them apart (because there are no game mechanics that can create any meaningful variety yet)?

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2012, 10:01:52 PM »

Maybe I should stop. -_-

EDIT:
Ninj'd by Alex. ;D And two weeks, after I looked a few other patches, I guess is pretty common.  Guess I was ready for a 3-4 day patch note like the last one. :)

If anything, the pattern seems to be a significant update every two months or so (on average), followed by a hotfix update about a week or two later to iron out the new bugs and other smaller issues. Then back to working on a new, bigger update. That's the approximate way things seem to work. I can't say I think it's a bad model, since it does mean that new updates rarely break anything and are well thought out. The quality control of Fractal Softworks is impressive, but that does take time.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »

Two months seems to be coming close, no? ;D
The quality of the updates are really good, indeed they are. :)

Barracuda

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2012, 01:14:10 PM »

Alex has a way of keeping people in waiting. The longer he makes us wait the more times i check the site in a hour. Its up to about 10 time each hour... Im just waiting to see october in the side bar.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 07, 2012, 06:03:41 PM »

Why would you want more solar systems as of now when they will all be carbon copy of another with no real features to distinguish them apart (because there are no game mechanics that can create any meaningful variety yet)?

More because of the modding side, its the part of the mod that takes the longest since you need to create a custom galaxy, so getting this early even with nothing new added would be great...

Temjin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2012, 09:06:02 PM »

I'm sick of reading the "no changes" updates, since it hides when there's something actually new and different. Maybe a lot of this should go to off-topic/suggestions/general discussion?

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 08, 2012, 08:56:52 AM »

More because of the modding side, its the part of the mod that takes the longest since you need to create a custom galaxy, so getting this early even with nothing new added would be great...

^^ This

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 08, 2012, 12:00:40 PM »

^^ This

^^^ This

riot Alex plz!

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 08, 2012, 03:27:08 PM »

More content that's playable and fun is going to be better for encouraging new buyers, to help keep the game funded, than content aimed at a minority of people who already have it. It's great Alex is so supportive of modding and mods are an excellent way of adding more play time, but mods (and total conversion mods, which are generally some of the less popular) shouldn't be prioritised over improving the actual *game*.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 52