Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.54a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 365147 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.54a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2012, 04:33:23 PM »

Damn you Russian! Release the beast already!  ;D

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »

Wait, can enemy admirals even get skills?
Yes, "eventually".

Will the enemy fleets also be using the skills and perks? If not, that would be a sizable advantage to the player.

Eventually, yes. For the next release, probably no. The way it's coded is specifically designed so that it can apply to any fleet/ship, though, not just the player's.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2012, 06:17:12 PM »

Ah, makes the game ever so more challenging. :)

Damn you Russian! Release the beast already!  ;D

>:D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2012, 10:41:03 PM »

id say ordinary fleets should get just minimal or next to no skills....
but some elite fleets could be rather good as to be a challenge to the player...
it could also differ between factions...for example typical skill level of Hegemony admiral would range from say 1-4 while typical TT admiral would have 3-6
it would of course depend on the difference the levels make

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2012, 02:04:40 AM »

I'd like to see a "Formation Toggle" option for the fighters that can switch them between staying in a focused formation and splitting off to dogfight and whatnot.  Make it not take any CPs, so you could change their formations at will.  Because there are quite a few times I'd like fighters to stay in a formation to focus fire on a larger target...and quite a few times I'd like to see them scatter WAY before they get near a flak-packing capital ship.

But even if that doesn't happen, will the fighters at least try to stay in formation when they're not fighting (IE: Just travelling across the map)?  I really like seeing tons of fighters stream across the map in perfect formations.  I'm fine with them scattering to dogfight when they reach their targets, but seeing them in formation when they're on an attack approach is too cool to take out of the game.

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2012, 07:41:05 AM »

Well. If Alex is to be believed in his interview. His views regarding such minutia come down to "The more power you have, the less control." So the fighter thing wouldn't make sense. It would stick out like a sore thumb in this game.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2012, 08:16:12 AM »

I'd like to see a "Formation Toggle" option for the fighters that can switch them between staying in a focused formation and splitting off to dogfight and whatnot.  Make it not take any CPs, so you could change their formations at will.  Because there are quite a few times I'd like fighters to stay in a formation to focus fire on a larger target...and quite a few times I'd like to see them scatter WAY before they get near a flak-packing capital ship.

But even if that doesn't happen, will the fighters at least try to stay in formation when they're not fighting (IE: Just travelling across the map)?  I really like seeing tons of fighters stream across the map in perfect formations.  I'm fine with them scattering to dogfight when they reach their targets, but seeing them in formation when they're on an attack approach is too cool to take out of the game.

You've got nothing to worry about, I think :) While they split up, they still try to attack the same target - where practicable - and they still keep formation while traveling.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2012, 05:47:33 AM »

Yay!  Finally, some true fighter physics, so to say. :)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »

Updated. Already changing perks around as we speak, though (not the overall structure, just perk specifics).

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »

You accidentally put the September 21st changes twice, but other than that looks good. =) Especially like the reduced FP cost for the Doom, although I would have rather it become more powerful instead.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »

Aw yeah! Seems like stuff is pretty nailed down now, release soon?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2012, 02:45:27 PM »

You accidentally put the September 21st changes twice, but other than that looks good. =) Especially like the reduced FP cost for the Doom, although I would have rather it become more powerful instead.

Thanks, fixed.

Well, it's both - don't underestimate the impact of being able to dissipate soft flux while phased.

Aw yeah! Seems like stuff is pretty nailed down now, release soon?

Not quite :) These are initial skill implementations - now I get to spend lots of time tweaking things until they feel right. There are also a few other things I want to get into this release. Or, at least, am seriously considering.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2012, 02:47:10 PM »

Great, you're hard at work I see  ;D

Is this "Iron mode" a permadeath mode?
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2012, 02:48:43 PM »

Whoo auggie buff!  :D

I also am curious about iron mode. It's probably to relieve some of the overly heated debate we've seen surrounding such a thing, haha.

Also don't rush the man. I expect a few more weeks of tinkering/bug fixing and new features.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »

Iron Mode?  I assume that's the 'hardcore mode' people wouldn't shut up about.  Please don't give special content unlocks to the people playing it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52