Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638523 times)

Blade Skydancer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 4.0 (0.54 with campaign)
« Reply #915 on: December 15, 2012, 12:24:24 AM »

Hmmm... Could extend it to legendary sea creatures, and non-legendary lizards. Also, there's some non-dragon legendary lizards you could use.

DD: Komodo
CA: Serpent(alt: Sea Serpent), Basilisk
BB: Leviathan, Kraken

I'll see if I can come up with a few more later.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #916 on: December 15, 2012, 01:07:08 AM »

Komodo will do. What legendary lizards? Please - no T-Rexes and Diplodocuses :)

Blade Skydancer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 15, 2012, 01:53:00 AM »

Basilisk would be one of them. Big lizard or serpent, depending on what mythos, that can kill you/turn you to stone with but a gaze. Sea Serpent and Leviathan are sea creatures.

And no, I wasn't suggesting dinosaurs. :P

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 15, 2012, 02:03:17 AM »

Níðhöggr (Nidhogg) is the name of a Dragon from Norse mythology. Then again that falls into the same category as Jormungand, the Midgard serpent.

Draco/ Draca, Dreki and Dragoon are also derived from serpents and dragons. Dragoon could be fitting, since it is also a military designation for a certain revolver, a cavalryman and the carrier of a dragon musket.

Adder, Snaca, Naga are all serpent related.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 15, 2012, 02:17:52 AM »

Naga! Okim use Naga please. My first association with Naga is from Heroes of Might and Magic III. Damn those Nagas -> Queen Nagas was beasts  ;D
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #920 on: December 15, 2012, 02:42:03 AM »

Yeah, i loved them too. But they are not fitting well the current XLE theme. As well as adder and other real snakes/reptiles. Those are normal for civilians and fighters.

Seems that i`ll have to stick to Serpent, Komodo, Basilisk. And probably use 'Great + name' for larger vessels. For example Great Dragon for BB etc.

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 15, 2012, 03:55:24 AM »

maybe you can find some here? http://www.20000-names.com/dragon_names.htm i just searched serpent names on google and some look interesting maybe.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:40:56 AM by conorano »

Blade Skydancer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 15, 2012, 07:19:41 AM »

Moscows are pretty fun to fly, by the way. Horribly slow, can't catch anything, but anything that gets under my guns pretty much dies instantly. Doesn't do that well against shields, but 8 laser beams and 3 heavy laser beams hurts.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 15, 2012, 09:09:54 AM »

I'd second Leviathan as a good name.  Other relatively generic options include Cockatrice, Salamander, or Linnorm (a D&D popularized derivative of Lindworm or Tatzelwurm)
Slightly less generic names might include Proteus or Olm (a particular type of salamander that used to be thought of as baby dragons), or Tiamat (also D&D popularized, but originally an ancient goddess of chaos & water who has been associated with dragons or sea serpents)

If you're looking for eastern style dragon-y names, though, there are a lot to choose from.  For example:
Orochi, Ryujin, Kuma-Wani, Tianlong, Yazi, etc; in particular, wikipedia pages here and here have some good variety of options.

Lastly, I'd refer you to the following two wikipedia pages, here and here, both of which are just lists of names with minimal descriptions; find something that sounds good, and you're good to go.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 15, 2012, 12:34:41 PM »

Okay!  Got a revised SupplyControl.java file for you; feel free to use / edit it as you like.

Features:
  • It skips the abandoned base; stuff the player stores is safe (for now).
  • Supplies, fuel, crew of all types & marines are pruned proportionate to how many there are over some minimum value - you can still have lots of some of them, but they won't build up to tens or hundreds of thousands.
  • Ships get pruned if there are more than 45 at a station.
  • Ship pruning prefers larger ships first, only prunes down to 45, and never removes the last hull of a given class of ship.

Lots of cleverer things that can be done - like making pruning happen when supply fleets arrive, or adding a pirate looters fleet to try to loot the abandoned base, or the like.  But this is what I can offer you right now.

[edit]Removed attached file.  At least for now, there's a more recent version posted later.  This was never intended to be used as permanent storage of the file anyway.[/edit]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:10:48 PM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 15, 2012, 12:46:17 PM »

Might as well start creating methods that work for all mods and vanilla on the plugins folder, for example, fetch all variant ships per faction returning an array etc

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 15, 2012, 02:18:25 PM »

Yeah, i loved them too. But they are not fitting well the current XLE theme. As well as adder and other real snakes/reptiles. Those are normal for civilians and fighters.

Seems that i`ll have to stick to Serpent, Komodo, Basilisk. And probably use 'Great + name' for larger vessels. For example Great Dragon for BB etc.

Basilisks are no more fitting than Naga's. Both are legendary beasts. The Naga is a great serpent or dragon from Hinduism and Buddhism.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Of course, it is all up to you Okim.  :D

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 15, 2012, 02:35:58 PM »

Basilisks are no more fitting than Naga's. Both are legendary beasts. The Naga is a great serpent or dragon from Hinduism and Buddhism.
Of course, it is all up to you Okim.  :D
See? See! (its Erick he always make sense) Look how GOOD it looks. It's just... DUDE! Please make some nasty Naga super ninja Mega Giga Ultra Superb capital Ship... oooo c'mon  :D
Please? Pretty please? Elite pretty please?

Ok ill stop now...

:'(
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #928 on: December 16, 2012, 08:46:35 PM »

Okay!  Got a revised SupplyControl.java file for you; feel free to use / edit it as you like.

Features:
  • It skips the abandoned base; stuff the player stores is safe (for now).
  • Supplies, fuel, crew of all types & marines are pruned proportionate to how many there are over some minimum value - you can still have lots of some of them, but they won't build up to tens or hundreds of thousands.
  • Ships get pruned if there are more than 45 at a station.
  • Ship pruning prefers larger ships first, only prunes down to 45, and never removes the last hull of a given class of ship.

Lots of cleverer things that can be done - like making pruning happen when supply fleets arrive, or adding a pirate looters fleet to try to loot the abandoned base, or the like.  But this is what I can offer you right now.

Thanks. Testing it now. :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 02:25:05 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #929 on: December 17, 2012, 04:08:48 AM »

ISA Idaho light carrier and Indiana mk.2 destroyer (with a large universal turret instead of 3 medium turrets):

New ISA sprites:

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 281