Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638467 times)

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 4.0 (0.54 with campaign)
« Reply #870 on: December 01, 2012, 03:40:29 AM »

Hey Okim, good to be back on ic again :D

I had a thought about an alien start (jff)-   Would it be possible to start with a single small ship and keep going with that until death and have the respawn craft pick dependent on player level?  I'm not sure as it is atm predefined starts in player file but you're a better programmer than I so do you think it would be possible to call a value that changes the variables before respawn but after death?  It might be a good way also to achieve 'rank' with the designated factions instead of purchasing military hardware but that's taking things on a whole new vector that may not be in line with your current vision.

Just the ramblings of an insane mind :D

n4rf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 06, 2012, 12:23:41 AM »

Holy crap is it wonderfully difficult to take down an alien mothership now :D

Been a while since I tried, but I keep getting my butt handed to me, even using their own heavy weapons against them hehe.

Thanks for this wonderful mod

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 06, 2012, 01:52:58 AM »

I thought that people now a days automatically remove the older mod folder before installation :)

Remove the folder, install the mod, play the game. Harpoon was used for an older alien fighter that itself was never used in the mod. Now Ironclads use no vanilla data (no weapons, ships etc). That`s why you got that crash - your old mod version that contained that particular fighter variant caused it.

True, might need a forum thread explain how to "update a mod" and "install a mod" for dummies on the Modding Doc.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 06, 2012, 03:20:51 AM »

What happened to the federation dreadnought?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #874 on: December 06, 2012, 03:56:07 AM »

What happened to the federation dreadnought?

What do you mean? It is still there in Fall of The Federation mission. I don`t recall touching it in any way.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 06, 2012, 04:02:30 AM »

Oh. i though it was in the campaign =D

n4rf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 06, 2012, 08:25:42 AM »

I think if it was in the campaign, it'd waste everything haha.

I understand why its not for those reasons. The alien mothership is pretty excessive as it is, should you down and capture one.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 06, 2012, 12:54:24 PM »

Oh. i though it was in the campaign =D

It takes less than five minutes of work (and zero programming/coding skills) to put it into a roaming RSF fleet (or your starting fleet) if you want to.
Stafarer is incredibly modding friendly so small changes like that are easy to do.

And yes, it will wreck pretty much anything (until shops run out of supplies - starvation is the only thing you'll die of when you fly that monster).

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 07, 2012, 06:39:27 PM »

Gasp fatal error causing crash. I was on iron mode fighting a Russia fleet with my 3france destroyers a few fighter wings and a Idaho light carrier.. When the crash occurred I had been deploying my third France after killing off majority of enemy fleet with a Moscow left only. The error message said something about France custom export not found. I would post log if I knew how.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #879 on: December 07, 2012, 09:11:34 PM »

Go to starfarer-core, find there starfarer.log. Open it with any text editor. Post the last block of text. You`ll easily recognise it by 'errors' in it.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 08, 2012, 11:38:46 AM »

You may want to consider upping the amount of crew in your fleets; at the moment it's all too easy to capture ships by luring the AI fleets into fighting each other, then picking off the now-uncrewed scraps.

Also, something is causing me to lose weapons I've stored at the abandoned base; so far I've only noticed alien weapons disappearing - but that may just be that those are the only ones I actually keep track of how many I have...

Ah, found it - your SupplyControl.java randomly removes weapons, supplies, fuel, and crew from every station.  Could you please exclude the Abandoned Base?

And, for that matter, would it be worth considering adding ships to things SupplyControl can remove?  If I remember right, (which I may not...), once you get up to 50 ships (fighter wings and hulls), no new ones can be added to that station.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:01:13 PM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #881 on: December 08, 2012, 08:49:25 PM »

Stealing random weapons for abandoned base is a part of the supplycontrol script :) So take care what you leave there...

About ship max. Never heard of that. Will look into making supplycontrol 'steal' some ships too. Though this might be a problem - the mod already have sparse numbers of capitals.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 08, 2012, 09:14:34 PM »

Hm.  Well, if it's deliberate that it steals stuff from the abandoned base... I disagree, but I can just mod in an exception.  (Or, I suppose, invest in leadership and cart around a fleet of cargo vessels.  But that's a bit silly.)

On stealing ships: Maybe put this in supply fleet generation?  Should be possible to see if you're likely to hit the cap, and then if necessary remove random ship(s) of the same size as what you're bringing.  (Not perfect, since player or even another supply fleet could add or remove ships before the supply fleet arrives, but eh.  Should be close enough.)
Or, simpler: only steal a ship if there are at least two of that hull present.

Also, the game does wonky things if you reduce a crew stack to zero.  Should maybe try to avoid that?  (Sadly, I haven't poked at the details enough to know exactly how this can happen, just that it did.)
Might also be worth making SupplyControl reduce crew (and marines!) by a percentage of how far they are over some limit; marines in particular can, at the moment, only be removed in chunks of (at most) 36, which has resulted in the RSF station in my current game having a stock of 10,000 marines...

Um.  I guess I should probably also make it clear that I think this is an awesome mod; I wouldn't be playing it enough to give this kind of feedback otherwise.  I especially like the XLE faction's ships.  ...Which, given my chosen forum name, should probably come as no surprise.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:16:17 PM by Wyvern »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #883 on: December 10, 2012, 05:05:38 AM »

Well, write such scripts and i`ll gladly include them with the next update. Seriously, i`m better at drawing than at scripting ;)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 10, 2012, 09:21:53 AM »

Fair enough; I'll do some tinkering, see if I can come up with anything useful.

Random incidental side-note: alien mothership + shield generator = ridiculous.  (And speaking of the alien mothership, it's got an extra medium energy slot that I suspect is actually supposed to be a second launch point for its beam platforms.)
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 281