Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638372 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 2.2 (0.51a with campaign)
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2012, 11:12:45 PM »

Perhaps, but i can`t guarantee that. I like the uniqueness of this mod :)

And multisystemness might even bring more factions into this mod.

Godart32

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2012, 09:10:58 AM »

Why do people always want to mash together mods with totally differend feel and artstyle ? It's stupid.

Also this mod is really great but could use some tweaking :
-ISA fleets takes too much time to spawn, my system is full of RSF fleets.
-Some ship could use more op points, I found a Kursk with 88/80op but his armement was useless so I had to refit it, and 80op really isn't enought with so many weapon emplacements.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2012, 10:08:36 AM »

Thanks for your support :)

Kursk mk.1 is actually a slighly 'outdated' ship that Lore-wise had no shield generator in the first place and was adapted to broadside battles. The current variant has a fixed shield and this breaks its broadside role. Thus two rear medium mounts were adopted to house any weapon of your choice. The main goal was to make Kursk a specialized platform. It can be an effective anti-fighter with flaks and arrow launchers or a dedicated missile platform with three launchers of any available type. 80 OPs is enough to equip various weapons and mods.

Kursk mk.2 is a moredrnisation that has improved arcs of fire for frontal assault. It can equip various weapons and mods that fit well inside its 85 OPs.

Future version (that is going to be released this week) is going to have more ISA and alien fleets for start, mid game and late armada on armada battles. ISA will have a battleship (that is 50% drawn) and other 2 new ships.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2012, 10:08:16 AM »

ISA Michigan class Battleship.

6 large mounts (1 frontal with very limited arc, 1 rear), 6 medium mounts, 19 small mounts. It is for now the most powerful available vessel in Ironclads (not yet available for public ;)).

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2012, 10:12:30 AM »

Love the artwork here ^_^ and I hope that this total conversion will be compatible with other mods ( for uniqueness :))

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2012, 10:18:20 AM »

You know, i think that it wont actually be compatible. At least i wont balance it to meet vanilla standards and will hunt down those who will try to do that without permission  :P

Kansas cruiser variations.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2012, 10:41:51 AM »

RSF Barnaul-class heavy cruiser.

Right part of the ship has 2 flak 88s and a Strela antifighter launcher.

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2012, 05:50:27 AM »

I love this mod, I just wish you retained the Hegemony and Tri-Tachyon bases, to increase the variety of ships.

Is it possible to start a campaign with an ISA ship?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2012, 06:27:43 AM »

Currently you will be able to start a campaign only on a fixed ship. Otherwise original ships might be spawned which is not desired. I can add an ISA frigate to the fleet, but that would be a second ship in your starting fleet, which is also not that funny.

Not going to mix originals with Ironclads. That`s for sure.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2012, 06:31:02 AM »

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, the the MIG-99 Interceptors are way OP.  They destroy the shields of the Kentuki (I'm pretty sure you misspelled, unless that was meant to be like that) Cruiser in seconds.  Anyone else have that problem?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2012, 10:33:27 AM »

Yeah. I know that.

They were using two dual light autocannons with kinetic damage. In the next update they will be using light autocannons with fragmentation damage.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2012, 05:43:14 AM »

Ok. Here we are. The last ship for RSF is finished. The Moscow-Class Battleship in all its glory:

ISA Michigan-Class Battleship in two main configurations:

Few more things to tinker with and a new version of this mod will be available for public :)

Haresus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2012, 06:12:52 AM »

Really awesome mod, I love it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #253 on: April 07, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »

Version 2.3 is available. Link is available on the first page. It includes:

1. added 5 new ships: RSF got a Barnaul Heavy Cruiser and Moscow Battleship, ISA got Connecticut support frigate, Kansas Heavy Cruiser and a Michigan Battleship.
2. added new plasma blast weapon and large versions of all missiles and torpedoes.
3. added 3 new ballistic weapons for RSF.
4. added large launchers for all missiles, added Spear and Barracuda heavy anti-ship missiles.
5. added more ISA and alien fleets to campaign. Should be enough to sustain fun.
6. improved some weapon sprites, effects etc. Added sounds for laser pulse weapons.

NOTES:
- campaign may still end up without fleets, but this time RSF might get beaten. There is a strange behavior can be noticed of all patrol fleets. They seem to fly diagonally from upper right to lower left corner of the sector. Can`t figure out what is causing this.
- Kansas have one of its large turrets overlapped by two other large turrets positioned nearby. It should be opposite, but i can`t figure out how to do that (re-ordering of mounts in ship file doesn`t help).

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 2.3 (0.51a with campaign)
« Reply #254 on: April 08, 2012, 05:10:11 PM »

I gotta say, I am really enjoying messing around with the Ironclads - The way the ships feel, with their broadsides and generally good feeling weapon arcs, is what the base game should be. The ships overall just feel right.

I havent spent much time messing with larger missiles (other than being on the receiving end of them.. which isnt fun!) but the ballistics employed by the RSF feel right. Would like to mess with some of the ISF material, but they are proving difficult to acquire...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 281