Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1644413 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.4.1 (28/12/2014) [0.65.1a] hotfix
« Reply #3570 on: January 15, 2015, 03:42:31 AM »

Small progress update:

1. added ship derelict interaction dialogue. You can either loot, scrap or repair the ship. In the first case you just board the ship and carry out any supplies, fuel and hand weapons as well as some easy-to-remove metal plates. Other two options require at least 1 ship with repairing capabilities. Scrapping gives you some resources (metals, parts, electronics). Repairing provides you with a ship, but in very poor condition and with no weapons. There is a chance to get a ship with guns, but you`ll have to invest into FIELD REPAIRS quite a lot. Scrapping and repairing first undergo looting, but without normal risk and with much lower yields.
2. reduced bounty rewards for both basic and personal bounties.
3. moved Astrakhan, Germany and Basilisk to medium carrier types in order to increase their presence in faction fleets.
4. made prices for ores drop a bit slower while selling them in large quantities
5. added alien carrier and fighters

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: January 15, 2015, 08:58:05 AM »

Don't forget to nerf bounties and randomize them more.

I can buy the galaxy ATM.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: January 15, 2015, 11:01:38 PM »

Thanks for the update? Only Ore? The price crumbles by half for most good even when you sell a few units, like common metals.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3573 on: January 15, 2015, 11:06:22 PM »

Thanks for the update? Only Ore? The price crumbles by half for most good even when you sell a few units, like common metals.

Name the goods and I`ll see what I can do.
I wont risk raising all supply/demands as this may lead to the 'out of mem' crashes when entering markets as it was some time ago.

GeneralHatchet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: January 16, 2015, 07:17:46 AM »

So I have a bit of a problem. When I create a new character and I get into the game, the background is white. The ships, stations, asteroids and answers are all there, but the background is white. The same thing in battles, any help?

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: January 16, 2015, 11:42:31 AM »

Sounds like an out-of-memory error. I bet if you were to play for a while longer, the game would hang on a map-to-battle transition or vice versa and never recover. It's ran out of memory to keep loading assets. If you're on a 32bit system, this mod is borderline unplayable due to it's size. If you're on a 64bit system, replace Starsector's "jre" folder with a copy of your own 64bit java, then go into the vmparams and find the xms and xmx settings. Crank those up to at least "2g" or 2048m" for 2GB of RAM allowance, crank it up higher if you prefer to and have the memory to do so. Don't give it 7gb out of an 8gb rig, everything else about your PC will grind to a halt as it struggles to work with the one remaining gig of RAM that's already in use. My rig has 8gb in it and idles at around 2.3GB of RAM in use.

GeneralHatchet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: January 16, 2015, 02:16:06 PM »

Sounds like an out-of-memory error. I bet if you were to play for a while longer, the game would hang on a map-to-battle transition or vice versa and never recover. It's ran out of memory to keep loading assets. If you're on a 32bit system, this mod is borderline unplayable due to it's size. If you're on a 64bit system, replace Starsector's "jre" folder with a copy of your own 64bit java, then go into the vmparams and find the xms and xmx settings. Crank those up to at least "2g" or 2048m" for 2GB of RAM allowance, crank it up higher if you prefer to and have the memory to do so. Don't give it 7gb out of an 8gb rig, everything else about your PC will grind to a halt as it struggles to work with the one remaining gig of RAM that's already in use. My rig has 8gb in it and idles at around 2.3GB of RAM in use.

Thanks for the help. I'm on a 64 bit system and I replaced the jre folder with my jre7 folder and renamed it to jre. My system only has 2.87 gb of usable ram and idles at around 1 gb (I know, it's a craptop. I've got a gaming rig at home, but I'm away for a couple of weeks and wanted to play something). So I increased the memory to 1600, but it didn't work and made the game rubberband. So it's just my hardware, but the thanks again for the help.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: January 20, 2015, 12:10:39 AM »

Any updates Okim?  University's boring without new Ironclads ;)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3578 on: January 20, 2015, 03:52:54 AM »

Busy doing some other stuff and playing buggy Space Engineers right now. Have entirely none inspiration on doing any modding  :P

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: January 20, 2015, 04:22:44 AM »

Haha no worries, I lost interest on my submod after respriting and doing variants too so I can't say anything;  Will probably get back to it next week though ;)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3580 on: January 20, 2015, 08:37:40 AM »

Haha no worries, I lost interest on my submod after respriting and doing variants too so I can't say anything;  Will probably get back to it next week though ;)

Hah, was joking actually. I planned a new version for this friday, but i`ll be busy then and may forget about everything. Besides - all the planned features for this update are done and tested a bit, so i decided to upload the 8.5 now ;)

New version is available.

Archive is here: http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/Sector/ironclads8.5.zip
Changelog: http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/Sector/readme.txt

Main thing is alien overhaul, then goes increased xp requirements for new levels, reduced rewards for bounties and other stuff. Ah, forgot about ship derelicts.

NOTE: features like xp and derelict weren`t tested well enough. If you see nameless ship in dialogue (like 'you approached a of origin') don`t click anything and just report it here with it`s whereabouts.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.5 (20/01/2015) [0.65.1a] new aliens
« Reply #3581 on: January 21, 2015, 03:33:21 AM »

I`ve started a trader campaign just to see how viable it is. I`ve chosen ISA as a starting point and selected some luxury goods for the starting bonus.

Luxuries didn`t bring me large amounts of credits, but at least I could afford some commodities to buy/sell here and there. Thanks to the pirates I got a trade disruption at Hiram in Grant - right in the system where I brought some rare ores. After selling the ores I`ve noticed that rare metals there cost around 90 credits per unit due that event, so I grabbed as much as I can and rushed to the nearest systems. A had to sell around 15-20 per station to keep the profitable price, so I had to run around quite a number of stations. Each gave me 3500-5000 credits.

After just 10 minutes of play I`ve got enough credits to buy a Monitor and a couple of autoguns for it. Due to me failing to afford enough crew for it and not finding some missiles for med slots at the place I bough it - I mothballed the Monitor and departed to visit some other station (with rare metals still being in my cargo holds). Once I got into hyperspace I got attacked by Marauders... Having no other option rather then escape - I tried to do so. Lost both of my ships, but was lucky enough to restore some systems on my initial freighter!

After a long period of careful trade runs I now have a Codex barge, two ISA-based civilian gunships, a Prober scanner-ship (preparing for exploration runs) and 40k in credits. I`ve done some lucrative drugs runs (leading to poor relationship with UIN) and failed to run away from several RFS inspector fleets (dropping me to -19 with them). Other than these little issues I find the trading campaign quite interesting so far.

I tend to follow the large FFS/pirate/AI/Alien fleets to see what trading opportunities their raids will bring. I do some long range trade runs (like rare ores from Vega to UIN/ISA space). From time to time I catch some tiny pirate fleets and get some bounties/relationship boost for them. Right now I`m starting to prepare for exploration-oriented game play as I already found a couple of wrecks and plenty of planets.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: January 22, 2015, 04:57:39 AM »

Yeah crew seem to be an issue, is not enough being available due to a market condition?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3583 on: January 22, 2015, 04:59:55 AM »

Crew is mostly available at large colonies. FTG trade center has usually ~100 available crew.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: January 22, 2015, 10:48:33 AM »

Yeah it's just a little silly having to go through 3/4 systems to activate a new capital ship...     Can a static 1000 green crew be made available at every military outpost or would that destabilise things?  My submod for example has a supercarrier that is going to need over 2500 for balance reasons but even the Astra and Moscow are hard to crew right now if you play a canonical lore game? :)
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 281