Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638930 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.3 (12/12/2014) [0.65.1a compatible]
« Reply #3420 on: December 18, 2014, 09:59:40 AM »

And than i will mod both mods to make a huge ubermod...

Champion_Thomas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: December 18, 2014, 10:23:19 AM »

Hey,
Love this mod so far but I'm finding a few Oddities here and there.

Firstly as has been said previously there is the lack of supplies in some areas, which can cause a lot of problems especially with the larger fleet sizes or a mining operation. Additionally where there are supplies I feel that 250Cr each is rather steep and should be a decent amount lower.

Something relating to this that has really been irritating me is whenever supplies go at a reduced price anywhere, it seems costs more supplies to get there then they seem have in stock.
For example at the time of writing a resupply Depot had a low price on supplies, after the few in-game days it took to arrive it was revealed they stocked 3 supplies in total.

Finally, it's not really a problem, I was just curious, are the Mega lobsters supposed to be routinely in stock of roughly 25 at 1000Cr each then available to sell for 6000Cr a few systems away?
It's by far the easiest way to earn I've found.

Extra: When I alt+tab from StarSector I can only get back into it by switching to it with Task Manager. I have no Idea why this is. I don't know if this is the mod, steam overlay or just the game but I thought I'd stick this in at the end.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: December 18, 2014, 11:17:11 AM »

Firstly as has been said previously there is the lack of supplies in some areas, which can cause a lot of problems especially with the larger fleet sizes or a mining operation. Additionally where there are supplies I feel that 250Cr each is rather steep and should be a decent amount lower.

I'm not having an issue with supplies as I don't tend to buy them-  I'll wait around a pirate or enemy base just at the edge of visual range for an enemy trade fleet to come in to offload supplies or wait for one that's just loaded up to depart before liberating them of their burden.  Even the small pirate traders with 2 freighters usually carry around 500 supplies!  Add to that that ownable/upgradable stations aren't in with production yet and it's rainbows and ponies :D

When I alt+tab from StarSector I can only get back into it by switching to it with Task Manager. I have no Idea why this is. I don't know if this is the mod, steam overlay or just the game but I thought I'd stick this in at the end.

That's steam overlay from the sounds of it unless you're using another overlay like Raptr or whatever?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3423 on: December 18, 2014, 11:18:41 AM »

Trying to adress it, but all i get by tweaking the suply production/consumption is either 50000 supplies for 2 cr per unit or 100 supplies per 250 per unit. Can`t find the 'golden middle' here.

Finally, it's not really a problem, I was just curious, are the Mega lobsters supposed to be routinely in stock of roughly 25 at 1000Cr each then available to sell for 6000Cr a few systems away?
It's by far the easiest way to earn I've found.

Lobsters (as well as Rock Fly Brights) are exotic resources. This means that they get more and more expensive the further away from the thier place of origin you get. So yes such price deviations are pretty possible. What are these 'few systems away'?

Extra: When I alt+tab from StarSector I can only get back into it by switching to it with Task Manager. I have no Idea why this is. I don't know if this is the mod, steam overlay or just the game but I thought I'd stick this in at the end.

Have no idea why this happens.

Champion_Thomas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: December 18, 2014, 11:52:55 AM »

Thanks for adressing my thoughts, that extra was just there to see if anyone else experience anything similar.
additionaly thanks for the stealing-from-pirates advice, I will be trying that  ;)

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: December 19, 2014, 11:07:10 PM »

Hey I think you want a little over board with the increased fleet spawning because I have 5 massive fleets that are defending one one station and it's practically impossible for a pirate to do anything or anyone for that matter

Sorry if this sounds rude im not good at talking

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: December 20, 2014, 01:33:47 AM »

Trying to adress it, but all i get by tweaking the suply production/consumption is either 50000 supplies for 2 cr per unit or 100 supplies per 250 per unit. Can`t find the 'golden middle' here.

Have you tried cutting the base supply cost down?
It's at 50CR currently

the entire Market stabiltiy system is whack. Why does a stable market cause higher prices anyway, and an unstable one lower prices? You'd think that an unstable one would cause greater variance...

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3427 on: December 20, 2014, 02:47:11 AM »

the entire Market stabiltiy system is whack. Why does a stable market cause higher prices anyway, and an unstable one lower prices? You'd think that an unstable one would cause greater variance...

That you need to adress to Alex as this is fully his way of doing trade. Ironclads does not change any dependancies between prices and stability.

Hey I think you want a little over board with the increased fleet spawning because I have 5 massive fleets that are defending one one station and it's practically impossible for a pirate to do anything or anyone for that matter

Sorry if this sounds rude im not good at talking

Current version of the mod entirely uses vanilla system of patrol spawning, so Ironclads are not to be blamed here.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: December 20, 2014, 07:41:27 AM »

Ok sorry to bother you

operative2259

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: December 22, 2014, 04:38:57 PM »

New guy here.  Am I missing something because I am running the mod but do not get the same menus and such.  I get the right star systems and factions look correct.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3430 on: December 23, 2014, 12:01:14 AM »

New guy here.  Am I missing something because I am running the mod but do not get the same menus and such.  I get the right star systems and factions look correct.

What do you mean by 'the same menus and such'? Starsector version should be 0.65.1a, Ironclads version is 8.3.

operative2259

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: December 23, 2014, 05:32:12 AM »

Sorry for the confusion.  I was watching older videos of the mod.  All is good and I am enjoying this mod.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3432 on: December 23, 2014, 05:35:34 AM »

All vids are heavily outdated right now. They all are pre-0.65 and pre-economy.

Some of the mod`s original options are no longer present in the mod.

harmonica2150

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: December 23, 2014, 12:27:33 PM »

Hi,

Great mod. A few suggestions:

1. I think that there needs to be more incentive to go attack a faction's enemy (say RSF vs. ISA). Right now, the bounties only work close to the systems themselves so you don't get anything for going out of your way to murder some ISA. Also, I think they should be doing much more raiding on each other. Its hard to collect a bounty from RSF period, (at least in my game), let alone make a profit between getting scanned all the time, plus the cost of supplies and fuel.

2. There should be a way to gain favour with factions that hate you.

3. Currently the best way to make cash is lobster running. This needs to be more dangerous to do.

4. Pirates need to be ultra rampant to make this more interesting, and to actually collect on bounties.

5. The taxes are too high. When you have a big fleet and get hit with a few scans that take away more than 30k each, you start to think of your lobster running days.

6. Alien hunting should be more profitable. Killing the rock fly should yield more than 5 brights.

Thanks for the great mod!

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3434 on: December 26, 2014, 04:33:38 AM »

Hi and thanks.

1. I think that there needs to be more incentive to go attack a faction's enemy (say RSF vs. ISA). Right now, the bounties only work close to the systems themselves so you don't get anything for going out of your way to murder some ISA. Also, I think they should be doing much more raiding on each other. Its hard to collect a bounty from RSF period, (at least in my game), let alone make a profit between getting scanned all the time, plus the cost of supplies and fuel.

The bounties in 8.4 (in-development version) are reworked. They are now spawned by all factions (including non-ordinary pirates) and can contain basic or advanced pirate ships (advanced = widows or marauders) or even faction ships. This is tested and confirmed to be working as intended (though target fleets may be spawned in some very distant systems from the bounty giver).

There should be a way to gain favour with factions that hate you.

For now it is only by doing bounties or simply killing enemies of the faction (in that faction`s space or around their systems at a bit extended range). Later I`ll add an option to pay reparations to the hostile faction (sum will depend on the current state and will revert to suspicious is not currently vengeful).

Currently the best way to make cash is lobster running. This needs to be more dangerous to do.

8.4 brings a new FFS faction with 4 colonies and their own expensive exotic drugs. It also brings a major economy rehaul the goal of which was to ensure much lower price fluctuation (making trade a bit more balanced) and balanced supply/demand values.

Pirates need to be ultra rampant to make this more interesting, and to actually collect on bounties.

No they should not. Ironclads universe does not describe humanity`s collapse where piracy is rampart. There are plenty of enemies to fight now (including FFS which are the native enemy of XLE/UIN now).

The taxes are too high. When you have a big fleet and get hit with a few scans that take away more than 30k each, you start to think of your lobster running days.

Taxes are universally lower than vanilla has. And each particular faction has it`s own tax rates (with FTG having almost 0 taxes).

Alien hunting should be more profitable. Killing the rock fly should yield more than 5 brights.

This is adjusted in 8.4 to be a bit more profitable, but don`t expect it to be an easy way to kingly wealth.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 281