Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638957 times)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 7.2 (7/8/2014) [for 0.6.2a]
« Reply #3105 on: November 11, 2014, 04:27:12 PM »

At least the pirates got to look stylish as they died though. :V

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads TC 7.2 (7/8/2014) [for 0.6.2a]
« Reply #3106 on: November 11, 2014, 10:17:10 PM »

These sptires are not actually pirates-only. Currently these can be seen run by FTG mercs (and this is bad, btw).

OK. I think Ironclads are ready for a public testing. Here is an archive: http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/Sector/ironclads8.0.zip

What will you get?

- economy system as in vanilla with several new commodities and reworked market conditions.
- 4 major factions with at least 3 controlled systems. Each faction has it`s own imports and exports they depend on.
- pirates that have 4 hideouts (you`ll have to find those) and fancy new skins.
- neutral-to-all (except pirates) Free Traders Guild that runs 4 trade hubs 1 per faction and have a military-type market on one of these.
- a number of starting choices that will allow you to start in certain faction`s territory, have specific starting relationships with factions or even start as a pirate.
- 4 smuggler-oriented ships with built-in shielded cargo holds (Smuggler choice starts with these).
- some new penalising hull mods (built-in in most of the pirate skins) that block specific hull-mods. Shielded Cargo Holds as an obtainable via skills hull-mod.

What will not you get?

- basically everything not listed above that was present in older Ironclads version. To be specific - no mining, salvagable wrecks, reactivated abandoned stations, conversions and etc.

What are the known issues?

- FFS placeholder faction with default flag. They are in the current version just to make relationship system to work.
- mercs using pirate skins - this is a nasty feature of 0.65 that turnes indies into pirates and vice versa. Haven`t yet figured out how to remove this.
- pirates being an owerwhelming force due to abundance of the markets in game (in 0.65 they are coded to spawn per EACH market in certain amounts).
- default sprites for stations that look a bit out of place and don`t match factions` styles.

What should you report?

- text errors. There are many new texts (planet names, port texts, ship/commodities/market descriptions and etc.).
- odd looking/misplaced/overlapping planets, rings, stations and etc.
- some odd economy situations (major colonies markets having less than 30% demands met, markets with more than 10000 units of one of the commodities except food, overproduced crew at planets/stations and etc).
- problems with starting choices (texts mismatching what you get, ships/stuff not being provided, options not working, relationship not being updated).
- any crashes or startup issues.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:08:49 PM by Okim »

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.0 (12/11/2014) [0.6.5a compatible]
« Reply #3107 on: November 12, 2014, 06:54:55 AM »

Can't load it in 0.65 Okim, it throws

Fatal:  Ship hull spec [buffalo] not found!

Log file seems to suggest it needs the original ships still present in ship_data.csv and throws an string of errors that they are missing?

-Gutted, was well excited haha

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: November 12, 2014, 07:04:09 AM »

S

Fatal:  Ship hull spec [buffalo] not found!

Log file seems to suggest it needs the original ships still present in ship_data.csv and throws an string of errors that they are missing?

-Gutted, was well excited haha

Strange, works for me. Is this with 65a or just 65?

That being said, I am getting completely demolished. I think I'm too used to having a high-tech Blaster Wolf that can easily take care of enemies.

By the way, the bounty hunter start (ISA) with the advanced weapons acquirement gives you a Devilfish launcher. The basic frigate you're provided has no medium slot, so I see little point in this weapon.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:11:38 AM by jupjupy »
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: November 12, 2014, 07:44:09 AM »

Report post! Will be filled as I progress in the game.

1. Bounty hunter -> XLE territory -> high-end weaponry = Hydra with missing one crewman.
2. Fucktons of food & organics. Something around 32 millions of food and similar number of organics. Acceptable levels of everything else, excluding crew. One and a half million green crew, half million of regular and 6 veterans. Checked on Khabara.
3. http://screenshooter.net/100248408/qerutqe It's quite... Maybe it was just because it was a smuggler. I've sold the loot. From a single wordbearer.
4. Minor. 42mm HE autocannon's price is 1000 credits. Devilfish missile launcher? 700.
5. Kinda low ship prices. I've just bought Sentinel for 2200 credits. I know it's ***, but in 10 minuts I've earned 60k credits so...
6. So far pirates are NOT that common.

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: November 12, 2014, 07:44:25 AM »

Okay, I think I found something.

Half a minute after I started, there was a food shortage at the Barnard's Star Guard Station. Interestingly, the Pilnaya market is a separate entity, with like 40 thousand units of food.

So its now 1.5 minutes into the game, and I have 6 million credits.

Also, the RSF hates me.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3112 on: November 12, 2014, 08:09:09 AM »

Fatal:  Ship hull spec [buffalo] not found!

Update your vanilla game to 0.65.1. It was released a few days ago and fixes some freaking issues for total conversions.

By the way, the bounty hunter start (ISA) with the advanced weapons acquirement gives you a Devilfish launcher. The basic frigate you're provided has no medium slot, so I see little point in this weapon.

This option is of little use for any of the choices, but is supposed to become valuable later on. Might reconsider this one.

Bounty hunter -> XLE territory -> high-end weaponry = Hydra with missing one crewman.
Fucktons of food & organics. Something around 32 millions of food and similar number of organics. Acceptable levels of everything else, excluding crew. One and a half million green crew, half million of regular and 6 veterans. Checked on Khabara.

Thanks.

http://screenshooter.net/100248408/qerutqe It's quite... Maybe it was just because it was a smuggler. I've sold the loot. From a single wordbearer.

Known vanilla bug that spawns a 1-ship fleet and puts loads of cargo in it. In reported vanilla cases it carried 300-400 supplies.

4. Minor. 42mm HE autocannon's price is 1000 credits. Devilfish missile launcher? 700.
5. Kinda low ship prices. I've just bought Sentinel for 2200 credits. I know it's ***, but in 10 minuts I've earned 60k credits so...

Ah... Prices. They are strongly different from what you get in vanilla and surely need some adjustment.

So far pirates are NOT that common.

Hm, that`s odd. I`ve got loads of pirate fleets running in every system. Might be a random thingy here with pirates being killed too fast by patrols.

Half a minute after I started, there was a food shortage at the Barnard's Star Guard Station. Interestingly, the Pilnaya market is a separate entity, with like 40 thousand units of food.

So its now 1.5 minutes into the game, and I have 6 million credits

LOL. I tend to make stations and colonies having different markets as i sometimes have more than 1 station per planet. And it kinda odd to have one market on both.

As for shortages - i start to hate those as they are too difficult to balance. Might eventually cut the off if i figure out how to.

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3114 on: November 12, 2014, 08:11:17 AM »

http://screenshooter.net/100248408/kbgrnky
SOLD LITERLLY 6 TONNES OF FOOD

Have nothing to do with the mod. You either got lucky to visit the station after the economy generated food fleet arrived and that event having low food requirements (like - 100 demanded, 94 brought by FTG/faction fleets and your 6 finished the event).

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: November 12, 2014, 08:13:18 AM »

Have nothing to do with the mod. You either got lucky to visit the station after the economy generated food fleet arrived and that event having low food requirements (like - 100 demanded, 94 brought by FTG/faction fleets and your 6 finished the event).

Ah, I assumed that was for something related to the selling of a billion units of food, but yeah, I think you see where I'm getting at. On the flip side, when I'm not doing these crazy runs, I've noticed that there arent enough small pirate fleets for a single-ship bounty hunter (especially one in a Sentinel) to tackle.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3116 on: November 12, 2014, 08:13:46 AM »

http://screenshooter.net/100248408/kbgrnky
SOLD LITERLLY 6 TONNES OF FOOD

I can confirm this ridiculousness.

http://imgur.com/00KA3Es,b4TKQaC

Don`t get it. How is it related?

The amount of XP is, however, quite odd as i tuned down the XP per profit considerably.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3117 on: November 12, 2014, 08:17:20 AM »

I've noticed that there arent enough small pirate fleets for a single-ship bounty hunter (especially one in a Sentinel) to tackle.

There are almost no 1-ship fleets in the mod, so you`ll have to hunt down those with 2-3 frigates. Good luck :)

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: November 12, 2014, 08:21:53 AM »

The amount of XP is, however, quite odd as i tuned down the XP per profit considerably.

This is the result of selling approximately 200 thousand units of food, though. Might want to look into the separate markets or perhaps remove food shortages altogether, since they're bound to cause these kinds of problems. As for the surplus in food and stuff, there is certainly way too much of some stuff everywhere. Vostok in my save has approximately 2 million food and organics, and this is after I've sold as much as I could be bothered to to the next door shipyard with a food shortage.

There are almost no 1-ship fleets in the mod, so you`ll have to hunt down those with 2-3 frigates. Good luck :)

*turns into a food trader 5ever*

Kidding. Worth the challenge, I suppose.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: November 12, 2014, 08:25:06 AM »

They are strong enough to prevent keeping LMB at enemy's ship to win and to be easily shoot down by two hydras.
By the way, FTG station at Nexus had 1 hydra, one sentinel and 6-7 pirate ships... I don't know if it's undesired, but looked strange to me.
And those pirate fleets... They have pretty short lifespan. I suppose patrols are quite effective. I mean, they either are shot down quickly or go somewhere else and... They just don't look numerous neither on sector map nor star system.
@up take them one by one and you win.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 281