Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638792 times)

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.5 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2220 on: November 08, 2013, 03:37:46 AM »

I presume that you still have to join pirates the normal way.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2221 on: November 08, 2013, 03:59:43 AM »

Yes.

That easy start option was added to reduce the amount of unsatisfied people crying about mod being too difficult for them to play. A normal  player should avoid it and grasp the whole hardship of being a mere privateer.

BTW, found and fixed Marauders not allowing you to convert ships. A stupid typo ruined the whole script that does it :)

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: November 08, 2013, 04:08:09 AM »

I'm looking forward to all the new additions. Any idea when it will be released?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2223 on: November 08, 2013, 04:18:56 AM »

Today.

drakhades

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: November 08, 2013, 04:38:56 AM »

Yes.

That easy start option was added to reduce the amount of unsatisfied people crying about mod being too difficult for them to play. A normal  player should avoid it and grasp the whole hardship of being a mere privateer.

BTW, found and fixed Marauders not allowing you to convert ships. A stupid typo ruined the whole script that does it :)

thanks for the changes, it's good to have options I think ;)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2225 on: November 08, 2013, 06:02:03 AM »

You are right saying that there should be such an option. Players are players - you can`t just grab every one and force them to play as you wish.

I might add a pirate option after all as it seems to be called for quite often. Actually, it would be a difficult start.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:06:06 AM by Okim »

dhosterman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: November 08, 2013, 06:14:53 AM »

Okim,

I just wanted to say thank you very much for all your obvious hard work on this mod. While I love Starsector and have been playing it intermittently for about a year (probably a couple games per release), I find your mod to be almost exactly what I've been craving as far as activities, ship types, combat dynamics, etc. It reminds me of my first gaming love, Elite.

That said, I understand why you're making some of the recent changes you've discussed re: initial difficulty. While I agree that choices are fantastic and that a more shallow difficulty curve might help new players get acclimated to the game, I wanted to share my own experience briefly. Yesterday, I was able to start the game in the normal fashion with a shuttle and a freighter. By the evening, I'd joined the ISA, had 2 frigates, and was running regular and successful raids into civilian RSF space against transports, tankers, etc, without any problems at all. I did finally get destroyed by the end of the night because I attacked a civilian mining fleet that had a destroyer in it and that fight didn't go too well. I wasn't able to identify it from the system map, but that was really my fault. (I'm not the best at the actual combat in this game.)

Anyhow, just an opposing viewpoint that would like to say I think you're providing a very compelling experience with a very manageable difficulty curve already. I like the way the mod is in its current state and I'm glad I can continue to play it in that fashion, plus I'm looking forward to playing with your new updates. The journal sounds amazing!

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help with this mod.

Regards,
Daniel

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2227 on: November 08, 2013, 10:10:26 AM »

New 6.6 version is available here.

Its main features are rehauled trading system, planet exploration, credit operations at financial center, hybrid ships (RSF and ISA for now) and Journal with a full mod`s features description and various data on player achievements. As usual - the full change list is here.
Oh, and a new option for an easy start of cause...

Report any bugs and oddities - there might be some that avoided my attention during testing.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:19:24 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.6 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2228 on: November 08, 2013, 01:12:28 PM »

6.6.1 is released. It fixes some bugs with dialogues and hybrid ships. Save compatible. http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/Sector/ironclads6.6.1.rar

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.6.1 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2229 on: November 08, 2013, 01:54:45 PM »

Thanks for the update. I noticed one of the Raider gunships for pirates is missing an unstable injector mod like the other two variations.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2230 on: November 08, 2013, 11:21:20 PM »

Guys i`m very sorry, but it seems that yesterday i`ve uploaded a wrong archive that wasn`t updated with Marauder fixes :)

Redownload the archive if you wish to interact with the Marauders.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: November 09, 2013, 01:00:49 PM »

Played for about 6 hours before my save got too big to load on my crappy 32bit system...I was so close to getting the ship from the research station too. :-\

It annoys me that Java will only work with up to 1GB of RAM when it should be able to use up to 2GB on a 32bit system...but I suppose there must be some reason for it.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2232 on: November 09, 2013, 01:04:04 PM »

Hope Alex will find some fix for this...

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: November 09, 2013, 01:08:20 PM »

I HOPE, alex will move the entirety of SS to 64 bit java, i don't understand why he made it in 32 bit in the first place, nobody uses 32 bit java nowdays unless they forgot to upgrade, only reason i can think of is because maybe it didn't exist back then, but idk.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: November 09, 2013, 01:11:38 PM »

I HOPE, alex will move the entirety of SS to 64 bit java, i don't understand why he made it in 32 bit in the first place, nobody uses 32 bit java nowdays unless they forgot to upgrade, only reason i can think of is because maybe it didn't exist back then, but idk.

I'd be entirely out of a game then, because I'm a nobody. ;D
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 281