Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638880 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.5 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2205 on: November 06, 2013, 08:53:04 PM »

There once was a guy who promised to change the descriptions of all ships. He disappeared quite quickly after that :)

I do need a person to edit the texts, so if you guys are interested - well, feel free to edit anything you feel wrong. I`ll then pick one of the string files and use it in the mod. :)

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: November 07, 2013, 12:40:36 PM »

Unfortunately for me, I have lost Starsector, devoured by a contained virus, so I might be leaving, I still have a good feeling around these forums, but I dont have the time and computer space to return it to its full glory.

So, from me, goodbye...

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: November 07, 2013, 12:58:44 PM »

You can redownload Starsector from the site. You just need your code to activate it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2208 on: November 07, 2013, 01:28:33 PM »

And 150+ mb is difficult to call space-consuming at all :)

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: November 07, 2013, 01:34:38 PM »

125mg left.

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: November 07, 2013, 01:36:46 PM »

Anyways, to many people have smashed my life here to the ground.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2211 on: November 07, 2013, 01:39:50 PM »

That`s... odd. Especially in modern times where 16bg flash drive (which i use to store my Starsector) is so easily available.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2212 on: November 07, 2013, 01:40:06 PM »

What do you mean?

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: November 07, 2013, 01:43:21 PM »

This is getting too off topic. I'm sorry if you feel someone has offended you on the forum, but this thread is to disuss Project Ironclads. If you have an issue you can always take it up with the moderators.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: November 07, 2013, 04:22:15 PM »

whats there to discuss...the problem is pretty blatewnt...the ships are all too tin foilly and the weapons feel like they dont really do anything...this formula is all wrong..why couldnt it just be like starsectors normal gameplay in battle...instead its a freakin mess...its even a nightmare in the beginning because you literally have no chance at all against ANYTHING....and to top it off trading is useless...you start off with a crappy ship and a mercenary does not help the issue much....and the pirates all run from me unless they completely overpower me....usually 2 ships...and im very good at this game...im a master in fact...but i cant dwindle anything with tin ships and badly made combat. Uumoz and all the other mods follow the tested, fun, and working balanced systems...why cant this mod? Its the only mod that gets worse and worse each time more is added...even worse is you get no money to start off anything

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: November 07, 2013, 04:42:29 PM »

It is easier if you start hunting freighters with a fighter wing, to help with the frigate guard. If you want to trade start in the UIN, there is a good trade route back and forth between Centronom and Achiles. Hope that helps.

drakhades

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: November 07, 2013, 05:17:03 PM »

this, and all other mods, should put a bit more emhasis on "first-time-experience", meaning how difficult it is for a noob to get started.

for example, i'm pretty good at starsector combat, but i find the early-game of this mod frustrating.   the rewards are quite small for combat (early game) and if you don't have a station nearby, you actually have negative reward for combat victory.

people can say "well it's because your doing it wrong" but that's kind of my point:  noobs don't know the "right way" of doing it, so you need to make things blatently obvious, or allow more flexibility.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: November 07, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »

Coming from games like X3, this mod was pretty much second nature...start with the freighter and trade until you can afford to join the military with some extra cash on hand, then either use the free frigate or upgrade to a destroyer to go start murdering anything near your equal.

On an unrelated note, I've started whacking away at \data\strings\descriptions.csv but I promise nothing. ;D Line 252 and counting...though I'm using American spelling simply because it's the one I know. Except "defence vs defense," since that will probably break everything related to defense drones and point defense. I'll leave that one to you.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:34:57 PM by OOZ662 »
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2218 on: November 07, 2013, 10:08:37 PM »

this, and all other mods, should put a bit more emhasis on "first-time-experience", meaning how difficult it is for a noob to get started.

for example, i'm pretty good at starsector combat, but i find the early-game of this mod frustrating.   the rewards are quite small for combat (early game) and if you don't have a station nearby, you actually have negative reward for combat victory.

people can say "well it's because your doing it wrong" but that's kind of my point:  noobs don't know the "right way" of doing it, so you need to make things blatently obvious, or allow more flexibility.

This is not a pew-pew mod and it is clearly stated in the original post. OP also covers a lot of features of the mod, so any newcomer should figure out what to expect from this mod and what to do/not to do in it.

Dev 6.6 version has lots of new features including simple planetary survey missions that grant you 1000-5000 credits per planet in a form of survey logs. That`s a very easy way to start the game, but requires a ship capable of landing on a planet, some crew and supplies.

In addition there is whole new big freaking journal in that 6.6 that contains not just collected data of your travels, but also a huge Codex that explains the major mod`s features.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:20:43 PM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2219 on: November 08, 2013, 12:19:54 AM »

While i didn`t like to do that, but i`ve added an option to start as a part of military.

Its an 'easy start' that should minimise problems with mod for newcomers, but its way too easy and in fact it cuts off a huge part of the  intended player`s progress.

You`ll start a game with a combat-ready frigate, 10k credits, faction`s enemies and friends - as if you have just enlisted in military by giving them a datacore.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 281