Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638544 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.5 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2130 on: October 27, 2013, 09:48:56 PM »

Hell if i knew.

Try increasing memory further :)

NoImageAvailable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: October 28, 2013, 12:50:44 AM »

Hmm.... I've taken the steps on the front page and also replaced the jre with a 64 bit version (and increased the memory to 2gb), but I'm still getting a memory overload. Interesting that its an overload in the garbage collector... Are there any other measures I can take to overcome this? I love this mod, but can't load the saves :P. (Also, what the heck could be taking up 2GB of memory? Thats a huuuuge amount of memory. I'm guessing that something in the Java loading routine is making and 'deleting' (removing last reference) many copies of objects without letting the GC run.)

Are you loading the save while ingame? If so, try quitting Starsector and then loading it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2132 on: October 30, 2013, 01:35:05 AM »

Any feedback/bug reports?

Its unusual for this thread to get a 3-days period of silence. Its a bad sign... Or probably a good one from the other perspective... Hell knows what to think :)

Meantime a little progress report for 6.6:

1. added new 'Research Lab' station type for each faction:

- buys exotic minerals, industrial equipment and high-tech components.
- sells high-tech weapons and advanced ships to military members of their faction.
- sells scramblers and planet scanners.
- pays for providing them with planet survey logs and alien-tech components.
- provides a prototype ship based on AI (or alien) technology depending on faction (requires 20 alien-tech components).

- i`m planning to make it sell blueprints for unique hull mods. Blueprints will be just a flag in player persistent data that will grant access to specific hull mod (faction-based, BTW).

2. added 'Prototypes' fleets that guard Labs. These contain prototype ships and advanced ships of the faction armed with AI/Alien weapons. Deadly foes, but not so dangerous for larger fleets.

3. added a new system for each of the Labs. This means that there are 4 extra systems to visit/explore/exploit.

4. planet survey logs are currently not obtained by any means. There will be a whole new planet interaction system in 6.6-6.7 that will provide survey logs depending on options you pick for planet exploration (risk sending teams, scan from orbit etc). Planet exploration will also give you a small chance of finding an anomaly (wrecked alien ship, weapon stash, pirate treasures, crash survivors, intact ship, artefact etc).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:40:28 AM by Okim »

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: October 30, 2013, 02:37:14 AM »

Its unusual for this thread to get a 3-days period of silence. Its a bad sign... Or probably a good one from the other perspective... Hell knows what to think :)

Well, to be honest, I haven't had any issues with the last release. Aside from my gripe with XLE and UIN having no natural enemies, everything's been just fine. Really looking forward to the new update, it's fun to see how you push the game with all this content. The game running out of memory gave me a good chuckle.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2134 on: October 30, 2013, 03:24:42 AM »

Well, i still have no idea whom to make an enemy of UIN/XLE aside from aliens/AI/Rock Flies.

Make them fight each other?
Make an alien playable faction that has border conflicts with both?
Or make some kind of early settlers who were cut off and forgotten for 200+ years, but managed to get on foot and are now seeking revenge?

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: October 30, 2013, 03:45:10 AM »

Is there going to be a pirate hull based on any UIN hulls?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2136 on: October 30, 2013, 04:24:42 AM »

It was planned a long time ago for Black Widows. A ship based on Bulgaria with extra armour and improved drives. But i don`t know if it will end up in the mod.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: October 30, 2013, 04:28:45 AM »

Well, i still have no idea whom to make an enemy of UIN/XLE aside from aliens/AI/Rock Flies.

Or make some kind of early settlers who were cut off and forgotten for 200+ years, but managed to get on foot and are now seeking revenge?

United Interstellar Nations: Colonial Alliance of Natives [CAN]
Early explorers and colonists that settled space for the UIN. The influx of new settlers and encroaching UIN bureaucracy have lead these early colonies to rebel against the UIN government. They now call themselves the 'Natives' and fight anyone who challenges their 'birthright'.

(Based on European colonies rebelling against their masters in Europe. Also based on Xenophobe early settlers, who believe themselves entitled just because they "were here first!")

Maybe something like that?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2138 on: October 30, 2013, 04:58:50 AM »

Actually sounds pretty nice. A good reminder of the past :)

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: October 30, 2013, 05:15:20 AM »

All of these are good ideas actually, but the first one is problably the easiest one to implement. Might be tricky in terms of balance though, since XLE fleets are fast as hell compared to UIN fleets. It's the same issue with alien fleets if you're playing as the UIN, as soon as you get enough ships to take them on they can easily outrun you.

drakhades

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: October 30, 2013, 06:35:27 AM »

one thing i dislike is the "all or nothing" battles..  if you loose a battle, you basically have to start over.   (lack of replacement ships, cash, etc)

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: October 30, 2013, 07:00:00 AM »

I thing that I dont like though I adore this mod around most of my starsector life, I believe it may be a starsector bug, but battles with cargo transports, You keep moving in to engage but they never come, to the point where they run because they crew readyness is screwed.

I like the Idea of Native EU though, I wonder what their mix craft would be.....
XLE, because rock flies spawn mostly over there, could harness rock fly weaponry though it is natural, and rock fly armour, Oh, This wants me to make something, but the best I could make anywhere was a battleship on LBP 2.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2142 on: October 30, 2013, 09:24:20 AM »

one thing i dislike is the "all or nothing" battles..  if you loose a battle, you basically have to start over.   (lack of replacement ships, cash, etc)

For that there are storage facilities and hack-masters that can give you unlimited access to them. Just put your replacement ships there or some loot or weapons or whatever 'currency' you fill would be better to preserve your money in case of your failure.

NoImageAvailable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: October 30, 2013, 10:05:58 AM »

I thing that I dont like though I adore this mod around most of my starsector life, I believe it may be a starsector bug, but battles with cargo transports, You keep moving in to engage but they never come, to the point where they run because they crew readyness is screwed.

That's a known Starsector bug that was supposed to be fixed in 6.1, if your game is up to date and you still have it you should report it in the tech support forum.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2144 on: October 30, 2013, 10:50:33 AM »

Yeah a known bug where AI wont deploy against player fleet with 3 or less FP. The odd thing it that i removed all 3 FP costs making them at least 5. If you got such a ship - please let me know.

Meantime. A thought that is going to find its way into the mod:

A new Financial Centre Station type that:

- buys valuables (that are now sold at Trading Stations)
- allows a player to create account and put money on it. Account will get a 2% bonus each month and will allow a player to take any sum of credits he wishes). Account is international.
- allows a player to take a loan of 10000. Each month a player will be forced to pay 1000 credits with a possibility to go into negative if he has no credits. Loan lasts for a year with no way to pay it until it expires (such a harsh are the conditions in the modern Interstellar Banks). Loan is also international.
- improves relationship with the owner`s faction (25k for becoming friends)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:52:57 AM by Okim »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 281