Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638373 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 6.5 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2100 on: October 25, 2013, 03:54:39 PM »

Try posting this in support.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2101 on: October 25, 2013, 11:15:02 PM »

Hi there.

Have a question for you players about the system backgrounds. Currently there are 30 1024x1024 images for each system in the mod. The plan was to make all systems look unique by having its own personal BG, but now this may be the reason for outOfMemory / corrupted saves issues.

So, should i start reusing the BGs? The answer is obvious, but i had to ask :)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: October 25, 2013, 11:27:12 PM »

Id rather be able to play at all than having it look fancy and get corrupted saves tbh, go for it =)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: October 25, 2013, 11:36:03 PM »

Hi there.

Have a question for you players about the system backgrounds. Currently there are 30 1024x1024 images for each system in the mod. The plan was to make all systems look unique by having its own personal BG, but now this may be the reason for outOfMemory / corrupted saves issues.

So, should i start reusing the BGs? The answer is obvious, but i had to ask :)

Okim, I raised a similar issue with Alex a while back and he clarified how it works:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7285.0

In short, the memory assigned to look after background images is assigned once, and then that memory space is re-used when you jump in/out of systems. Although having super high resolution texture backgrounds -may- push it over the edge, I suspect that it is purely the amount of StarSector *stuff* (fleets/planets/cargo/etc) that is using the majority of allocated memory.

NoImageAvailable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: October 26, 2013, 01:25:06 AM »

Some things I noticed starting a new game in 6.5:
-Upon entering hyperspace, the map shows non-existent systems, namely all the systems with research bases in them.
-RSF doesn't seem to have any source of industrial equipment, is that intentional?
-RSF civilian stations seem to have a lot less ships to sell than in 6.3, again intentional?
-When looking at conversion options at the RSF shipyard it gives one option that says "Kursk Mk1 to Kursk Mk2 or Mk3" and another that just says "Kursk Mk1 to Kursk Mk3"

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2105 on: October 26, 2013, 01:56:17 AM »

1. you haven`t read the read me, have you? :) Yes, the map is inconsisted with what is really there. I first made a map and only than will be doing some expansion works.

2. intentional. As do XLE have no exotic and ISA no common/UIN no low-tech. That`s a drawback of the sliders and limits per lines in dialogue (no more than 3 sliders can be at once).

3. that`s a new ship generation script. At start you really wont have that many ships to buy. The largest choices of ships are at trading stations and security stations.

4. thanks, i noticed it a long time ago and just forgot to fix it. Thats a remnant of the first conversion system prototype ;)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2106 on: October 26, 2013, 01:56:59 AM »

Id rather be able to play at all than having it look fancy and get corrupted saves tbh, go for it =)

Well, the jre6 64x and vmparams 1024, 2048 kinda fixed the corrupted save for me.

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: October 26, 2013, 04:10:04 AM »

Not all of us have that luxury though, and to be honest, I didn't really notice the backgrounds, but mayby keeping some backgrounds in overall, but reusing most.
Anyway thanks for the latest update

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2108 on: October 26, 2013, 04:33:33 AM »

Yeah, i kinda though that they will be missed by many :)

Ok then. Reusing BGs.

BTW, 6.5 contains a bug with trading skill  multiplying itself by 2 (so it unlocks 50% discount for specials at level  3 and gets a large discount in total).

There is also an issue with freighter`s cargo being generated after additional supplies are added which result in less loot than expected.

And ISA/RSF didn`t properly produce an option to buy Eagles/5-Stars. Fixed.

Both are fixed now.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: October 26, 2013, 05:47:07 AM »

BTW, 6.5 contains a bug with trading skill  multiplying itself by 2 (so it unlocks 50% discount for specials at level  3 and gets a large discount in total).

There is also an issue with freighter`s cargo being generated after additional supplies are added which result in less loot than expected.

Both are fixed now.

Do these fixes qualify for a hotfix release, or are they strictly for version 6.6, if and when progress reaches that point?

NoImageAvailable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: October 26, 2013, 05:51:57 AM »

Not all of us have that luxury though, and to be honest, I didn't really notice the backgrounds, but mayby keeping some backgrounds in overall, but reusing most.
Anyway thanks for the latest update

Are you still running XP or something? Because even low-end PCs and laptops these days come with 64bit OS and at least 4GB RAM.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2111 on: October 26, 2013, 07:09:11 AM »

Actually i have to rigs - one exceptionally old one with winXP 32 with 1.5 bg ram that has troubles with running anything (though this is probably due to it having too much trash on it) and a workstation with 12GB win7 64.

The funny thing is that winXP rig never had any outofmemory issues :)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2112 on: October 26, 2013, 07:11:04 AM »

Both are fixed now.

Do these fixes qualify for a hotfix release, or are they strictly for version 6.6, if and when progress reaches that point?

I don`t like hotfixes, so its for 6.6. However - 6.6 wont take longer than a week :)

IF there will be some number of extra fixes - than 6.6 might come out sooner. I`m planning to put reserach stations and hybrid ship in it as well as planetary exploration.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.5 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2113 on: October 26, 2013, 01:46:53 PM »

Oh man, Scrambler is not properly preventing relationship hits. Fixed it in dev...

BTW, that`s a very bad-ass device as it allows you to kill your allies and keep being allied with them :)

EDITED:

Should i give it a new special ability to cut down enemy combat readiness before the battle by, say, 20% per use? 1 use that consumes Scrambler.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 01:51:14 PM by Okim »

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.5 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2114 on: October 26, 2013, 02:11:56 PM »

Sounds like a neat idea, and I could see how that would hypothetically work.
I have a unrelated question though.
How do you join the special ops?
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 281