Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638489 times)

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 6.4 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2040 on: October 20, 2013, 03:01:56 PM »

A nice idea. I'd personally go for something with a bit more insect terminology:

Rock Fly Larva (drone)
Rock Fly Hatchling (fighter)
Rock Fly Adolescent (frigate)
Rock Fly Adult / Drone (destroyer)
Rock Fly Elder (cruiser)
Rock Fly Broodmother / Broodqueen (capital)

Perhaps add hull mods or ship systems involving a natural carapace, cuticle (exoskeleton) and chitin. Dissolvent mucus? Gosh this makes me want to set up a Zerg-ish or insectoid mod.  :D
Very Interesting
If the Broodmother is common with rock fly families
Maybe suggest a supercapital.
But Broodmother is the Largest I can think of :'(
Unless, Rock Fly Male.
Also, make sure to make the weapons at pirate bases a little bit less of a random space. Those Assault Massdrivers I had alot of fun with  ;D

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: October 20, 2013, 03:56:05 PM »

guess i need 64-bit java to play this, it corrupts after a certain amount of time. even with more memory. :'(

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2042 on: October 21, 2013, 12:09:30 AM »

guess i need 64-bit java to play this, it corrupts after a certain amount of time. even with more memory. :'(

Just in case - force 'savecompression' in starsector-core/data/configs/settings file. Mod does it on its own, but something might not work properly here.

And about 64-bit java - i`m using 32 one. At least my win7-64 says so in processes. So i don`t thing that this is the issue here (though i`m not sure).

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: October 21, 2013, 01:11:58 AM »

seems i've got 2 files of Java, Java 7 update 21 (presumed 32 bit) and Java 7 update 25 (64-bit) so i deleted the 32 bit one, probably didn't need that anyway. perhaps it will work better now? either it was that, or ironclads has a sneaky memory leak, or i'm just very wrong and should be quiet now. >.>

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2044 on: October 21, 2013, 01:20:04 AM »

I was told that in order to properly create jars for the mod i need to use java 6. Not sure if this can cause any troubles with your rig though.

NoImageAvailable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: October 21, 2013, 02:06:58 AM »

Starsector comes with its own JRE in the game's directory. To get it to run with 64bit Java you need to manually point it to your JRE install directory or replace Starsector's Java folder with the 64bit JRE one. See the Excelerin thread, the OP has instructions how to do that. However, this is only necessary if you want to increase Starsector memory usage beyond 1GB.

KAPbl4

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: October 21, 2013, 08:57:05 AM »

Just one question:

I atomized several ISA system defense fleets and get about 500 "Five-Stars". Now I can't get bounty for them. Is it the bug or feature? Russian military haven't so much money just like IRL?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2047 on: October 21, 2013, 11:29:51 AM »

Just one question:

I atomized several ISA system defense fleets and get about 500 "Five-Stars". Now I can't get bounty for them. Is it the bug or feature? Russian military haven't so much money just like IRL?

Bounty is only available at military outposts. Bring your five-stars to Barnard`s Star.

If it has no option to sell the 5-Stars - than its a bug. You need to access trading network in order to sell them, BTW.

Maduk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: October 21, 2013, 11:35:01 AM »

For some reason, Crimson Snakes seem to be afraid of my Mule-class freighter on the world map. They pursue me, but retreat just before reaching me, then turn back and resume the pursuit, many times in a row. I've had it definitely happen with a single Crimson Snake, and possibly with multiple ones.

KAPbl4

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: October 21, 2013, 11:44:39 AM »

Just one question:

Bounty is only available at military outposts. Bring your five-stars to Barnard`s Star.

If it has no option to sell the 5-Stars - than its a bug. You need to access trading network in order to sell them, BTW.

Ok, thanks

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2050 on: October 21, 2013, 11:50:25 AM »

For some reason, Crimson Snakes seem to be afraid of my Mule-class freighter on the world map. They pursue me, but retreat just before reaching me, then turn back and resume the pursuit, many times in a row. I've had it definitely happen with a single Crimson Snake, and possibly with multiple ones.

That`s not related to mod. Starsector makes fleets break pursuit after some time considering that target is too fast to intercept.

BTW, you might post it on support forim as this is probably not working as intended.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2051 on: October 21, 2013, 11:27:43 PM »

A small announcement.

1. trading.

Since i got no actual responses regarding the future of trade system - i made what i decided to be the best for the mod.

So, the option '3-CHOICES' is now a winner! What does it mean? Well, each station now has maximum of 3 options for buy/sell. Each option has it specific selector ranging from 0 to credits/price values. Selling selector depends on the amounts of resources in your cargo.

This makes some mining facilities, factories and ship yards to sell/buy only specific resources (like Vega MF no longer selling common ores). On the other hand this allows me to nullify the in-system trade routes that previously were in the mod.

And this gives me some extra space to add new systems! Thus a new 'Serp I Molot' system was placed in the middle of RSF space with a mining facility that does not sell exotic minerals. The same will be made for ISA. XLE and UIN will not get extra mining facilities.

2. new skills

With the help of Alex i managed to put into the game two new skills - Trading and Mining. Both are children of Industry affinity tree.

Trading provides a 2% discount and 2% price increase for buying/selling resources per skill. At level 5 it adds 20% cargo space to all civilian ships in the fleet. At level 7 it grants a 50% discount on buying special offer items.

Mining improves manual surveys by adding 0.1 per skill to each resource deposit (1 = abundant) and improves mining efficiency by 2% per skill. At level 5 it cuts down the mining supply consumption rate by 50%. At level 7 it reduces deposit depletion rates by 50%.

Plans are for putting in Salvaging skill that will get extra loot after combats and during wreck salvage and at level 5 reduces casualties for wrecks salvaging by 50%. At level 10 you`ll be able to pick all three options for wreck salvaging (A perk named 'Leave Nothing Behind').

There is also an idea to add 'Boarding Tactics' to Leadership affinity that will improve boarding party`s strength per skill, nullify chances of enemy ships to run away during hard docks (level 3) and reduce casualties and chances of enemy getting away during launch from distance by 50% at level 5.

3. captain`s journal

An idea to make a 'codex' that would be accessible by pressing a specific key and that will contain info on the explored sector came to me quite a long time ago. Now when i nailed down all the trading system issues, added asteroid mining and various stations` interaction options - i can start making this major project.

The plans for the journal is to:

1. show surveyed asteroid fields (deposits, location)
2. show known Abandoned Stations and Wrecks (location, explored - y/n)
3. show known Automated Depots/Storages (location, hacked - y/n, cargo - y/n)
4. show known pirate hideouts
5. show player stats (wins/loses, fleet points destroyed per faction, fleet points lost, resources mined, wrecks salvaged, stations reactivated, resources traded etc)
6. show diplomacy (player`s relationships to other factions)
7. show fuel/supplies/days needed to get to current destination
8. show various achievements (get 100k for selling, kill 100 FP fleet with less than 25 FP losses etc).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:43:08 PM by Okim »

Lord Vetch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 22, 2013, 01:01:31 AM »

Quick question.... I just killed a Rock Fly and it dropped an egg. Does this egg hatch and give you a playable rock fly or......

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2053 on: October 22, 2013, 01:41:33 AM »

Not in current version :)

Sell it via basic supply/fuel/crew buy screen. Since you no longer get credits for defeating your enemies - Rock Fly`s loot is your main and only profit for taking it out. Eggs being one of the most expensive trophies (if not the most expensive one).

EndersGaming

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 22, 2013, 07:05:55 AM »

Quick installation question.  I downloaded the mod and placed the zipped folder in the mods folder like normal.  I also modified the vmparams file as mentioned on the front page.  When I load up the game and try to select it, however, no mods are listed (not even lazylib).  This is with a fresh install of 0.6.1a.  Is there a step I am missing or is it a new bug?  Thanks for any help.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 281