Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638480 times)

Dabclipers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 6.4 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2025 on: October 19, 2013, 04:02:26 PM »

Honestly I dont know where to start with this mod.  Its quite a interesting feeling.  I don't really know what goals I should be striving for, or if there are any objectives that I need to complete.  Could anyone help out with what the beginning stages of this mod should be spent doing?  The spawning shuttle can not win any fights regardless of the strategy used, and in my history of Starsector that is the only thing I'm used to doing haha.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2026 on: October 19, 2013, 04:19:51 PM »

Depends on what you have picked as your last option.

1. pirate hunting if you picked a merk ship or skills
2. trading if you picked freighter or resources
3. piracy if you picked other options

Starting shuttle even with civ-grade weapon can defeat 1-ship traders, especially RSF and UIN.

Dabclipers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: October 19, 2013, 04:23:40 PM »

I would prefer pirate hunting.
Not that interested in trading.
Dont want to prey on civilian ships, meh, might make a exception.

So the Merc ship is a good investment?  Perhaps I will sell the shuttle and use the Merc ship as a standalone and see if I can find some low level pirates.

Will see if any of this works. Thanks

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: October 19, 2013, 05:12:23 PM »

Save gets corrupted 10 minutes after starting it, and me aswell, have no clue where to start, the ship you start with is worse than garbage, there is nothing to fight for miles and you run out of fuel before you can get anywhere, guess i have to invest some serious time in this, if you can only get to the pirate system and then somehow not run out of supplies/money/fuel or die then you are set to roll with the big boys later on. :P

I asked for difficulty, i got plenty here. :P

( every time, save corrupts itself after like 10-15 minutes of playing, you have something fishy going on here. :-\)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 05:42:51 PM by ValkyriaL »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2029 on: October 19, 2013, 11:16:32 PM »

Save gets corrupted 10 minutes after starting it, and me aswell, have no clue where to start, the ship you start with is worse than garbage, there is nothing to fight for miles and you run out of fuel before you can get anywhere, guess i have to invest some serious time in this, if you can only get to the pirate system and then somehow not run out of supplies/money/fuel or die then you are set to roll with the big boys later on. :P

( every time, save corrupts itself after like 10-15 minutes of playing, you have something fishy going on here. :-\)

>:(

read... the.. OP... please...

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2030 on: October 19, 2013, 11:18:32 PM »

I would prefer pirate hunting.
Not that interested in trading.
Dont want to prey on civilian ships, meh, might make a exception.

So the Merc ship is a good investment?  Perhaps I will sell the shuttle and use the Merc ship as a standalone and see if I can find some low level pirates.

Will see if any of this works. Thanks

You`ll need the shuttle to haul the loot. Since Ironclads no longer produce credits for killing fleets - you`ll need some cargo capacity to haul the loot that destroyed ships produce.

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: October 20, 2013, 02:27:31 AM »

There is still minor (but fun) bugs around the mod, im not sure if they were intended, I bought an U.K Massdriver at a Pirate pit.
I like the Idea Of a Rock fly fleet
Like Rock fly Babies as fighter wings
Children as Frigates
Teens as Destroyers
Adults as cruisers
and giant elders as capitals!

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: October 20, 2013, 04:46:52 AM »

A nice idea. I'd personally go for something with a bit more insect terminology:

Rock Fly Larva (drone)
Rock Fly Hatchling (fighter)
Rock Fly Adolescent (frigate)
Rock Fly Adult / Drone (destroyer)
Rock Fly Elder (cruiser)
Rock Fly Broodmother / Broodqueen (capital)

Perhaps add hull mods or ship systems involving a natural carapace, cuticle (exoskeleton) and chitin. Dissolvent mucus? Gosh this makes me want to set up a Zerg-ish or insectoid mod.  :D

TescoBag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: October 20, 2013, 06:26:14 AM »

>:(

read... the.. OP... please...

I have read the OP, and I can see that you need to make changes to the vmparams file in the starsector root folder, but when I open that there aren't any settings at 512? Any ideas?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: October 20, 2013, 07:07:30 AM »

There are,

Spoiler
java.exe -server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=native\\windows -Xms512m -Xmx512m -classpath janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;jinput.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.2.jar -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=..\\saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=..\\screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=..\\mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
[close]

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2035 on: October 20, 2013, 08:54:27 AM »

Thanks Valk, i`ve added this to original post.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: October 20, 2013, 09:02:57 AM »

hmmm. odd, i can't change that value, because the program is apparently opened somewhere else, which shouldn't be possible since i just restarted the computer.

my computer acting funny again... Gdammit. >:(

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2037 on: October 20, 2013, 09:09:08 AM »

hmmm. odd, i can't change that value, because the program is apparently opened somewhere else, which shouldn't be possible since i just restarted the computer.

my computer acting funny again... Gdammit. >:(

It might be read-only or require admin rights. Or both. I have admin accont with absolute rights on my PC, so i haven`t encountered these issues (but i heard some complains about this else where).

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: October 20, 2013, 09:26:32 AM »

i worked around it by saving it elsewhere with the changes, deleting the original and putting the changed one in, lets hope it works.

( it does, i'm so good :P)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:28:48 AM by ValkyriaL »

TescoBag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: October 20, 2013, 02:59:44 PM »

There are,

Spoiler
java.exe -server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=native\\windows -Xms512m -Xmx512m -classpath janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;jinput.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.2.jar -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=..\\saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=..\\screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=..\\mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
[close]

Awesome, thanks for this.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 281