Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638640 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 5.2 (0.54.1)
« Reply #1350 on: July 12, 2013, 02:14:06 AM »

250mm got a range of 1000. It fires two shots and takes 2 sec to rearm.

Best used in conjunction to Mosquito missile batteries.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 12, 2013, 07:47:53 AM »

man okim, i can never say how much i like this mod of yours.
imho, its absolutely on-par with vanilla material and in theire own style, im loving your sprite more than the vanilla ones :P

my only regret (is that even the right word ?) is that your current priorities dosent allow you to give ironclad more of your time.
still, good luck with your board game, i'm curious to see the end result

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 12, 2013, 07:51:29 AM »

250mm might become my long ranged weapon of choice on russian ships then.  :D
Though the american bloc are still in the lead with the Heavy Massdriver having 1200 range or so.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1353 on: July 14, 2013, 12:16:37 AM »

Thanks for your kind words, guys :)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 22, 2013, 08:58:12 PM »

possible bug here, but for some reason a graphic isn't loading. THe game starts up, gets just pass the second 'T' a bit, and then the game crashes.
heres the log file- I've lazy lib and that doesn't offend the mod either it seems, as the result is the same.

I'll try opening theimage and editing it so to speak before trying it again, that worked last time with an issue i had.

I keep forgeting linux is a very case sensitive system and that names are important to this pegunie of mine... Allright fixxed the issue, but i'll have to work on getting the impending issues fixxed as well... LOL  oh linux, you awlays keep me busy...
though, that didn't last long either as it seemed to be the UIN-cr#-bay##.png files only. so for any linux users, easy to fix. :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:11:14 PM by Azmond »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1355 on: July 22, 2013, 11:55:34 PM »

Another remodelling of the Moscow battleship. This one is going to be the last one (i just didn`t like all the previous ones).

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 23, 2013, 02:08:36 AM »

Very, very nice! I see those siege cannons are now fixed rather than traversable. :D

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1357 on: July 23, 2013, 09:24:44 AM »

Novgorod with new sprites for weapons:

New Moscow model:

I`m currently desiding the standard wep layout for this ship. It has two central universal large mouts and two rear large energy mounts. I tried to use centrals for missiles and energy for powerful turbolasers as support weapons, but 5 weapon groups limit the available group types. So this current variant has no missiles and relies only on ballisitcs (with TLs used when ammo for main guns is spent).

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 23, 2013, 10:02:17 AM »

New Moscow model:

I`m currently desiding the standard wep layout for this ship. It has two central universal large mouts and two rear large energy mounts. I tried to use centrals for missiles and energy for powerful turbolasers as support weapons, but 5 weapon groups limit the available group types. So this current variant has no missiles and relies only on ballisitcs (with TLs used when ammo for main guns is spent).

This is awesome  8)
Have i told you how much i like your mod before ?
Yeah i think i did  ;)

Also, im actually happy that the siege cannons are now fixed, theire turn speed was so slow it was driving me mad
you might want to update your OP too, after all these modified sprites, its kinda outdated

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 23, 2013, 12:49:17 PM »

Out of curiosity, what are you using as weapon groups right now?  I'd think you could have the following:
1: fixed forward siege cannons
2: support energy weapons
3: missiles (as long as you have only one type of missile, or only two launchers, or can otherwise fit all missiles into one group)
4: offensive ballistic turrets
5: point defense

Where groups 1-3 are things the player is likely to want manual control over, and groups four and five are likely to be left on autofire (or occasionally turned off to save on flux or ammunition).
Of course, I don't know what your current flux usage balance is like, or what the weapon arcs are, so those groups may not make as much sense as I was thinking.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1360 on: July 26, 2013, 05:47:16 AM »

New Denmark heavy frigate for UIN (previously Denmark was used for a broadside destroyer which is now called Finland).

This ship`s design is a bit unusual for UIN as it is focused on frontal assaults rather than broadside engagements. Denmark has a set of powerful maneuvering jets as its special system. These jets help this fast frigate to keep its hardpoint weapons on its target.

Ship has 2 medium ballistic hardpoints, 1 medium energy hardpoint and 3 small ballistic turrets. The configuration shown above is going to be the default one (2x 6-pdr assault cannons, 1x patricle pulse cannon for shield overloading and 3x defence cannons).

As for Moscow - i still have no end variant for it. But i think that it will be a balanced one utilising all weapon types (ballistic, energy and missile).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:49:39 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1361 on: July 26, 2013, 10:19:35 AM »

Okay.

Since the next Starsector update seems to be bringing new moddable stars, i`ve spent some time creating a crude map of the Ironclads universe. It includes some real stars and lots of fictional ones.

Here it is:

As you can see - all of the factions are having their own problems that slow their expansion. And RSF/ISA conflict over new territories is now also clearly seen.

Also you can notice a new faction - The Seat of the Terra. This is a sector of space that is considered to be a seat of humanity`s goverment. All factions are restricted from entering this area with military fleets. Earth itself is a political and diplomatical center where all of the factions gather to discuss the global politics, solve territorial conflicts, make economical and technological treaties etc. Earth is also a renewed Paradyse World and thus is a center of international tourism and trade.

Earth depends on contant supplies from the factions and all of them are obliged to provide some part of their resources to SotT.

NOTE: i`m definitelly not going to mod in ALL of the listem stars :) Most of the systems will contain just one colony or a set of mining bases - the further from the SUN - the lesser are chanses that system will contain a colony.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:23:37 AM by Okim »

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 26, 2013, 12:08:58 PM »

isn't the Centauri system the closest to the sun?

also the binary star is Alpha and Beta Centauri, Proxima is kinda a tiny little dwarf star off to the side afaik
mmm.... tartiflette

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 26, 2013, 01:05:53 PM »

Hey, looks cool! :D

Regardless of how accurate it is, it's still a nice step in the right direction.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 26, 2013, 02:31:45 PM »

That Denmark is a frigate? With 2 medium ballistics and a medium energy all at the front? That thing is either slow, unwieldy and built like a nuclear bunker or is crazy fast and maneuverable and made of paper mache.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 281