Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1642499 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 4.1 (0.54 with campaign)
« Reply #990 on: December 28, 2012, 11:48:11 AM »

A new version is available. As usual - delete the old folder before installing. And this one is incompatible with older saves. Here is the link: http://www.okim.nickersonm.com/SF/ACM42.zip

What`s new? All ISA ships including the freighter are replaced. All pirate ships also replaced, some of them getting extra sprites. Some new weapons. Lots of texts.

And... an Omnistation by LazyWizard that can produce anything including alien-ware! It orbits Bernard`s IV and awaits for the tech to be scrapped and reverse-engineered. It can manufacture ships and weapons. More info on this station here: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5199.0

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 4.2 (0.54 with campaign)
« Reply #991 on: December 28, 2012, 12:10:04 PM »

Yay!  New sprites, weapons, AND the omnistation! :D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #992 on: December 28, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »

Man, i love playing pirates!

Especially helming reapers with chainblasters and eels!

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 28, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »

Wait, what?  Commenting on your own mod? ;D
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 28, 2012, 04:11:28 PM »

Love the mod but the download link isn't working for some reason.Chrome keeps saying it can't find the page...

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 28, 2012, 05:28:37 PM »

I think your website may have died (or it's a faulty link?).

Edit:
Seeing as all pictures are also gone, it's probably your website that died.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:31:47 PM by Shoat »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: December 28, 2012, 07:03:09 PM »

Download & images working fine for me - perhaps it was a temporary failure?

That said, there are a couple of immediately obvious issues.  First, SupplyControl should be set to skip the omnifactory as well as the abandoned base.  Second, LazyWizard's omnifactory has a much better implementation of getting a ship's hull ID.  I've made both improvements to SupplyControl.java and attached the resulting file to this post.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:12:41 PM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #997 on: December 28, 2012, 08:53:33 PM »

Wait, what?  Commenting on your own mod? ;D

Yeah, why not? :)

I think your website may have died (or it's a faulty link?).

I have no problems with viewing images and downloading archives. If there was a problem - it seems to have gone.

I've made both improvements to SupplyControl.java and attached the resulting file to this post.
Added your new script, Wyvern. Thank.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #998 on: December 28, 2012, 09:08:01 PM »

Guys, tell us what your favourite ship sprites, ship hulls and weapons are?

My sprites being Novgorod cruiser and Dragon heavy cruiser. Third is SU-57 for its anime looks.

Favourite ship is again Nobgorod for its heavy armour and extreme frontal firepower. The second is Connecticut for its large missile mount. And the third place goes for UIN Austria for its weapons and small hangar.

Favourite weapons are light plasma cannon, heatseekers that are great against front shields and great at forcing ISA ships to turn their shields backwards. The last one is streamgun for its looks and good anti-shield strength. Though this one is being slowly replaced by the new chainblaster.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:09:51 PM by Okim »

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 28, 2012, 10:51:23 PM »

Oh, yeah, it seems to work now.
When I posted last, your website was down (for at least 15 minutes before I posted about it, I made sure it was not just a short-termed fluke).

Anyway, since it fixed itself within a few hours, not worth discussing further.

For my favorite things about this mod:
Definitely sprite design overall - by far the best looking ones I have seen out of all Starfarer Sprites (the amount of detail is incredible).
I really like the visual theme of the XLE (triangular shapes instead of rectangles, lots of green - including the engine trails, which looks fantastic) and also the new pirate sprites a lot.
Favorite weapons are all the plasma weapons (plus the shotgun driver).

The fact that the only complaint that comes to my mind is that I want more of it is the best compliment I can make, because that does not happen very often.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1000 on: December 28, 2012, 11:23:45 PM »

You want more of it? You bring one of each to the Lazywizard`s Omnistation and wait for a while. They will cost you money, but they will be in abundance within several month, so you`ll really wont have troubles with shortages :)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 29, 2012, 01:19:00 AM »

I like it. I prefer this new fluent / organic flowing style of plating on the pirate ships. It also really looks welded on. More-so than it did with the old pirate ships. Good job!

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 29, 2012, 04:58:19 AM »

My favorite ship is the SU-57 wing just bcause of that wing design. :) Second is the Tornado wing, it looks epic and lives up to it.  Third is the Kursk series of ships.  ALL of them are useful from early-game all the way to the bitter end, excellently made. ;)

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 29, 2012, 06:54:19 AM »

I personally love the energy weapons in this game! I would kill to be able to have these in a standard campaign,alas,I have no idea how to add them...I also like the ISA ships,particularly the Michigan.It's bloody brilliant! You can take out any fleet with a fully upgraded character in Combat and Technology.Just add 4 turbolasers and voila:instant death to almost anything,including the Mothership.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 29, 2012, 10:36:28 AM »

Favorite sprite... that'd have to go to the Wyvern class frigate, and not just because it's got my name on it.
Honorable mentions go to Dragon, Wyrm, Raptor, Germany, and the Alien Mothership - the last not so much for the base hull, as for the way it looks with all drones deployed.
(Not to say the rest aren't awesome too; these are just my favorites.)

Favorite hull to use in play... Dragon.  Yeah, okay, the Germany is indestructible once you have a high enough character level, and there are other ships with more firepower, and blah blah blah; the Dragon is just fun.

Favorite weapon is the particle cannon.  Sure, there are other guns with better damage, or better flux efficiency, or point-defense capabilities; there are even a few with better range.  But particle cannons are cheap and accurate (once you've got a good level of gunnery implants) and effective, especially if you can mount a number of them.
Honorable mention goes to the lowly microlaser; it may not even be the best PD weapon out there - but it's the only gun that will reliably deal damage to those annoying teleporting alien frigates.  (Assuming cruiser+ hull with a range boosting hull mod, anyway; otherwise the pests like to hang around just outside of microlaser range.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 281