Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638585 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.1 (14/11/2014) [0.65.1a compatible]
« Reply #3210 on: November 21, 2014, 04:45:11 PM »

Actually, the hard cap is 1200 RPM.

To exceed that use linked barrels or script it :)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3211 on: November 22, 2014, 01:09:10 AM »

Hi, sorry for being silent yesterday - was celebrating my birthday ;)

Now for the reported issues:

The Kursk mod 1 and 2 have a few inconsistencies in their description such as regarding the flares (and maybe change the description regarding the fighter bay as that is no longer relevant).

The 14mm dual machine gun says 14.5mm in the description.

The Rapier Defense System's in game description has a rate of fire of 6000rpm in the game, but timing it manually gives me a RoF of 1800rpm.

The Themis-class Combat Carrier has some typos, "needed by FFS raidig parties regarding", "FFS's coombat doctrine requires".

Will fix these, however i don`t remember specifying any rates for the Rapier. Probably a person who was editing the text did that.

Have to back joe up here, there's a severe issue with supplies being dropped in this mod!

need to be able to salvage more resources and stuff after battles too because i started off and started attacking small fleets and i was only getting around 5 supplies and 2 fuel or something.
costing more to attack fleets

I do remember there was a value in settings.json related to loot/salvage amount. Probably i tweaked it in some way, but i don`t recall doing/not doing so. Will see.

By the way, Okim, you have earlier shown us an image, where were Rostov-C and Kaliningrad painted in normal RSF colours, while in the mod they are like they were, only renamed.

FTG is currenlty being provided with the whole fleet of ships based on the faction military vessels. Both mentioned ships are no longer in the game.

Basically all FTG ships are brownish and undecorated - as someone said here - made of shades of poo.

Still cannot figure out how to mod the fuel consumption.

Look in the settings.json in starsector-core. There are some values that rule fuel consumption and speed per light year.

mod crashed upon entering the fleet simulator in campaign. This is what I could find in the log, hope it helps

It says 'out of memory' meaning that your rig have problems with storing all the data required for the game/mod. Have you read the memory issues part of the first post? There are some tips how to avoid these problems in general.

found an issue that the argos shipyards and the argos communications array are on the same spot and the communications array is overriding the shipyard so i cant get there

Known and fixed.

Black-red ships.

As for why there are no black-red ships - these were used by FTG due to some vanilla scripts which is not supposed to happen. Script is very difficult to remove, so it was easier to get rid of decorated ships.

I`m currently working on adding 4 minor pirate factions each with it`s own ship sets. 1 is already sprited (Black Talons operating in ISA space). 1 more is being worked on (Blasing Skulls for RSF). Two others are Black Widows for UIN and Crimson Snakes for XLE.

Here are some pics:

Spoiler
[close]

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: November 22, 2014, 03:42:18 AM »

Will fix these, however i don`t remember specifying any rates for the Rapier. Probably a person who was editing the text did that.

It's not defined in strings Okim, it's generated as rounds per minute automatically by the definitions so rapier's refire rate is 0.01 or 100 per second which the game interprets as 6000RPM

-Happy birthday by the way  :D

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: November 22, 2014, 04:07:07 AM »

Me likey, especially the blazing skulls.

And a happy birthday.

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: November 22, 2014, 07:00:14 AM »

Quick Question, is this mod compatible with other current mods? i mean is this a total conversion that makes it impossible ot use other mods and such?

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: November 22, 2014, 07:12:22 AM »

Quick Question, is this mod compatible with other current mods?

No.

i mean is this a total conversion that makes it impossible ot use other mods and such?

Yes.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: November 22, 2014, 09:39:15 AM »

Quick Question, is this mod compatible with other current mods? i mean is this a total conversion that makes it impossible ot use other mods and such?
It works with utility mods like Leading Pip, but with normal mods it doesn't.

@Okim So, we can expect a piratefest? Pirates already have not so bad (C) ships and them gettin' more & better ships is some hardcore stuff.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3217 on: November 22, 2014, 10:16:34 AM »

4 pirate factions wont be that agressive and numerous. They will have their own area of influence.

The normal pirates will get the same stuff as FTG (poo-shaded), but with a bit more 'deadlier' weapon/mods setup. Overall poo-ships are less effective that their military brethen, so fighting those will not be a problem.

I haven`t yet decided if i will make these pirate subfactions using basic pirate relationship (adjusting to it on the fly) or have their own personal relationship with player.

Here are some poo-ships for FTG/basic pirates:

Spoiler
[close]

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: November 22, 2014, 10:38:36 AM »

Those new pirate ships look great.

Also happy birthday!

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: November 22, 2014, 10:50:12 AM »

I meant that they are going to be varied and... Not generic ones are going to be colourful :P
Also, according to image: those-big-tankers, crawlers and tugs are brownish because they are FTG, not civilians-of-that-faction, right? It would look nicely if they got here and there yellow markings or FTG logos.
And those XLE ships look like ghosts/ghost ships. :O Wyrm especially does.
(By the "not so bad custom ships" I meant that they aren't so inferior as the vanilla pirates are. I'm wondering how many more times I'll say it)
PS. +1 for personnel transports actually appearing in the game. :P
PPS. late happy birthday to you!

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3220 on: November 22, 2014, 11:10:38 AM »

I`m removing faction markng from all the ships altogether, btw. So FTG markings on theur brownich ships wont happen. As to why i do that - cause you can`t actually become a true member of the faction, thus it is not logical for you to ride of a warship with RSF IDs and icons.

Personnel transports? They were always in the mod. The Carriage, the Swan, the Hammerhead-P - all are dedicated passenger carriers. Or did you mean something else?

New FTG/pirate ships are a bit closer to vanilla D variants than those black-reds we have now. They are, however, fully customisable vessels with just some advanced weapons/mods/systems being removed.

Factions now use a bare minimum non-combat ships needed for fleet support roles. To be specific - 1-2 freighters, 1 tanker, 1 ferry. FTG have much larger pool of freighter ships and a mining ship, a rig and a tug (no need to overspam these as it turned out).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:16:08 AM by Okim »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: November 22, 2014, 11:48:28 AM »

Have you ever encountered personnel transport in vanilla Starsector? I have not :P
I hope there will be any option to join faction in future (overall in Starsector) so you will bring back shiny normal colouration ships...

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3222 on: November 22, 2014, 11:52:46 AM »

Normal colours are still there, just no flags on ship sprites. RSF are still green/red, UIN are still bluesh.

Zelphir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: November 22, 2014, 07:23:28 PM »

Long time fan of this mod for the shear amount of content but lately I have felt that the pirate are not nearly as aggressive as they need to be. the seem to completely ignore trade convoys not to mention the shear lack of them in comparison to the bulk of trade fleets running around and military force I swear the sector is in all out free for all with the amount of allied forces running around. bounties are almost instantly cleared upon entering sectors most of the time if not instantly swooped up by other free trade mercenaries. maybe its a feature not a problem but I would like to see way more hostile ships less neutral ships. maybe this will be fixed with the alien ships and other hostile content that hasn't quite made it in yet.

in summary
 -pirates feel super weak / not aggressive
 -trade fleet way to powerful
 -not enough faction tension / to many friendly ships

sorry if this was already explained and I simply missed it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3224 on: November 22, 2014, 11:48:44 PM »

There are two major problems with vanilla fleet factory:

1. it spawns pirate fleets per each market in the game, BUT there is a hardcoded 35% chance that each pirate fleet will be spawned as neutral mercs. This has a dramatic impact with the Ironclads` scale - 35% of all pirate fleets in the mod are neutrals. To fix this i`m adding 4 pirate subfactions that will have scripted fleets, but i don`t know if it is possible to create a fleet and give it orders in 0.65.1.

2. it has no proper assignments for faction military fleets, thus there are no invasion fleets running between ISA/RSF, thus there are so many patrols inside the systems and thus bounties are cleared so fast. The same thing with scripted fleets will help with this issue, but i need to set up other stuff before i dive into coding fleets.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 281